An increasing amount of scratched SteelBooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2013
UK
With the sudden deluge of SteelBook releases, I've noticed that the ratio of scratched or otehrwise damaged SteelBooks has increased. The majority of scratches are beneath the shrinkwrap, implying that they may have been damaged during manufacturing, rather than Zavvi's fault

Out of all the SteelBooks released on the 3rd of June, two I received had very noticeable scratches. I've seen many of you guys mention scratches in various threads, so I know it's not limited to just me

We should demand better quality control measures to reduce the amount of damaged SteelBooks being sent out by retailers. It's great that they've improved their packaging, but that doesn't help us when the SteelBooks are damaged to begin with!

Reactions: Masterblaster
I've certainly noticed an increase in the amount of damaged SteelBooks I've been receiving lately. The last three Blu-Ray SteelBooks I have received (Argo, Blow Out, and I, Robot) have all had massive scratches down the front of them beneath the shrinkwrap. I cannot afford to keep returning damaged items to Zavvi, and can't keep taking time off work to visit the post office to send them!

Zavvi should handle SteelBooks more carefully in their distribution centre, and also quality controlled to avoid scratched SteelBooks from being sent out to customers. I know I'm not the only one that is experiencing this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.