Any Idea What The Next Best Buy Viva Metal Box Will Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2012
I see a lot of speculation of futureshop ones like the Avengers and Brave but what will be the next Best Buy exclusive (it seems they mostly only do Disney films nowdays).

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this rumour is not true. I think Viva's have been great across the board. I was really looking forward to more of these releases.

Me too. I just got into SB and yet to own a single VMB but I have to admit they do look really beautiful. I'd love to own some myself if they're not that hard to get my hand on. It'd be a shame if they're gone.

Reactions: MK50
Why give up something which is good? VMB are solid, well made, always with great artworks and embossed/debossed, thereby they are excellent variety from steelbooks. But if it turns out to be true, then so far released VMB will have a higher collector and financial value with time for sure.

I'm betting on a Monsters Inc collectible case now the 3D version is in theatres.

I'm betting on a Monsters Inc collectible case now the 3D version is in theatres.

Doudt it would happen because the BR is already released. They might do it for Futureshop, but definatley not for an empty case at BBY

2009 Disney Futureshop/Bestbuy Steelbooks
DISNEY2.jpg

2010 Disney Futureshop/Bestbuy Ironpacks
DISNEY_ip.jpg

2011 Disney Futureshop/Bestbuy Metal Box
DSC06347.jpg

2012 Disney Futureshop/Bestbuy Metal Box
2012VIVA_zpsd7e19684.jpg

2013 - Disney What Would it Be??

I am pretty sure, I am not the only one who has this question in mind

Man that case was deliberated in my knack of the woods. Well I guess that decision sealed the fate of the Viva. No wonder the Disney rumor gained so much momentum in the last few months. Thanks for the link Andy.

I never thought that the 2011 Disney Exclusive Release from Futureshop/Bestbuy were the instigating reason of this lawsuit.

Looks like the revenue on that year's release were pretty good???

Not looking so good for Viva since they were sued by G&M in March 2012 for patent infringement.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/85682389/Glud-Marstrand-A-S-v-Viva-Magnetics-Ltd-Hong-Kong-et-al

Case decided on Nov 26 2012.

Still working on reading all the details of the settlement.

Case no. 2:12-cv-00465

What about his upcoming Video Disney Titles like

Frankenweenie
Wreck It Ralph
Peter Pan (Diamond Collection)

Or Marvel/Disney

Iron Man 3
Thor Dark World

or Starwars/Disney ???

I've requested the details of the case so we can see exactly what the decision was.

Viva definitely settled with Steelbook, so the question is now, what exactly did they agree to?

The original suit from Steelbook was written broadly enough that it contested not just parts of the Viva design, but in fact that Viva should not be able to sell any type of metal collectible in the USA.

Sooo...stay tuned...I'll let you guys know what I find out for sure - I'd rather get this right from the public records, so there is no question on the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.