Apple iPad - Releasing soon - $499

Apr 2, 2009
Apple has released it's official announcement introducing the world to the iPad.

multi_touch_20100127.png

High-resolution, 9.7 inch LED-backlit, IPS display with a wide, 178° viewing angle.
The screen is 9.7 inches, measured diagonally.
1.5 lbs and 0.5 inches thin.

wireless_20100127.jpg

Built-in 802.11n wireless.
Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR (hich lets you connect to devices like wireless headphones or the Apple Wireless Keyboard.)
3G (iPad will also be available in a 3G model, with super-fast data speeds up to 7.2 Mbps.) (3G Data plan sold separately)

3 Stores: iTunes, App, and now a book store.
Able to sync apps you've bought for iPhone/touch onto iPad and play immediately.

performance_20100127.jpg

10-hour battery life
A choice of 16, 32 or 64GB flash storage

Standard iPod/iPhone/touch 30-pin dock connector. (Allows you to dock and charge it. It also lets you connect to iPad accessories like the Camera Connection Kit or the Keyboard Dock.)

Built-in speaker unit.
Standard headphone jack
Built-in microphone.

connect_20100127.jpg

$499

Accessories

(L to R)
Keyboard, iPad Stand, Apple iPad cover.

accessories_20100127.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather save my money for a 3D TV & Blu-ray player.:D The Apple Tablet looks pretty sweet though.:)

Apple products are cool and everything...but the prices are always outrageous.

How Much Is It Gonna Cost?

The iPhone was $600. Then sales stopped being a-mazing and it dropped to $400. When the iPhone 3G came out, it went to $200 and everybody bought one. So, uh, how much is the tablet gonna be?

Everybody says roughly the same thing: AppleInsider has said it's "expected to retail for somewhere between the cost of a high-end iPhone and Apple's most affordable Mac notebook." Our insider told us it would "cost $700 to $900," or "more than twice as much as a netbook." Taiwan Economic Times says it's between $800 and $1000.

if its more expensive than a macbook, i can't imagine it selling very well.

its a sexy looking thing that will get many of the gadget lovers to buy it, but for the average person looking for a mac they will either just get a macbook for cheaper, or if they just want a small computer and dont care about the OS, they will get a netbook.

if they release it with a $500-600 price tag, i think it would do much better than $700-1000 IMO.

Blah! Apple rules!! We've had our laptop for 2 1/2 years now. Yeah it was spendy but we've never had to buy anti virus ****, never had to deal with scanning and all that bullshit. Thought it was done for last month but we took it too the apple store to get a quote on problems, the screen was messed up too but we had it for a long time. They went ahead and replaced screen and several things inside. Ended up being free!! Everything! and we didn't even purchase an extended warranty. Or even show any proof of when we bought it or receipts or anything. Apple rocks!! :scat: