Notes: Glossy with embossed title.

Official Hi-Def Ninja video:
[media=youtube]32AhB7aCvA8[/media]

Artworks:
argo-uk-front.jpg

argo-uk-in.jpg

argo-uk-back.jpg

Audio specs:
Subtitles: Swedish, Norwegian, finnish, Dannish, Dutch, German, Espanol-Castellano, French, English
Audio: english, French, German, Espanol-Castellano,

Audio EXTENDED CUT: English, German, Espanol-Castellano
Subtitles EXTENDED CUT: Swedish, Norwegian, finnish, Dannish, Dutch, German, Espanol-Castellano, French, English

Attachments

• Argo-UK-2.jpg
    Argo-UK-2.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 342
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't quite understand why this artwork was the same worldwide, since to me it's among the ugliest ones ever.

Anyone else found a very faint line down the spine on this release, runs nears the bottom of the text from one end to another. It's only visible when tilted to the light but I had one copy which had it (and numerous other problems) and now my second has arrived with it (but thankfully nothing else). Reminds me of the old Jack Reacher ES faint line. Might just have been unlucky twice but it's exactly the same line.

Anyone else found a very faint line down the spine on this release, runs nears the bottom of the text from one end to another. It's only visible when tilted to the light but I had one copy which had it (and numerous other problems) and now my second has arrived with it (but thankfully nothing else). Reminds me of the old Jack Reacher ES faint line. Might just have been unlucky twice but it's exactly the same line.

No. All copies are fine, double checked all of them and they are all perfecto.

Two photos I've taken yesterday from my Argo steelbook purchased on Zavvi :) (18.75€) :

l7fzlA.jpg

NlBFP0.jpg

I missed the first couple of minutes when I went to see it in theaters, and then there was a problem with the subtitles during an explanatory moment early on, so it'll be nice to rewatch it soon, and it doesn't hurt that it's an extended cut :).

Reactions: lolwut
I like the art, just wish it wasn't so dark compare to the CA/MX versions. Some of the shadow detail is lost, especially on the back

wow I actually wanted to get the Zavvi version of this until I saw it side by side. Its sooo dark looks terrible to me! I'll stick with my FS version. No embossing, but at least the color is nice! :)

wow I actually wanted to get the Zavvi version of this until I saw it side by side. Its sooo dark looks terrible to me! I'll stick with my FS version. No embossing, but at least the color is nice! :)

In terms of content there is no comparison either. The FS version had additional DVD and UV code for the movie. Zavvi was only single disc. I quite like the simplicity of the FS version with no borders.

I like the art, just wish it wasn't so dark compare to the CA/MX versions. Some of the shadow detail is lost, especially on the back

Hi mates,

You should take those pictures with a small grain of salt.
First, there was some aggressive push to compensate contrast loss due to shooting environment. I just do some of those things to make pictures look crazier. Second, FS one was sealed, and shrink adds some whiteish reflection.
It's not easy to compare gloss and matte finishes, similar to situation where you compare pictures printed on gloss and matte paper. They will always look different.

This what you might get.
ukagrox1.jpg

ukagrox2.jpg

The details are there, but they do look different.

UPD: Tweaked some pictures to keep more details.

Last edited:
In terms of content there is no comparison either. The FS version had additional DVD and UV code for the movie. Zavvi was only single disc. I quite like the simplicity of the FS version with no borders.

I don't care about DVDs or digital copies so the Zavvi one is still better in my eyes.

Last edited:
I compared the Zavvi and Futureshop and kept the Futureshop. I didn't like the darker image on the Zavvi steelbook. The added DVD is important to me (I have plenty of DVD only friends, and a portable DVD player). I'm 'over' the debossing thing. Which only left the embossed title as a plus. Both the Zavvi and FS versions are still available, the Zavvi is a lot easier for most people to get hold of, so I see the attraction.