Arrival (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #68) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 15, 2017 (Standard) - April 19, 2017 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 899 CZK (FAC)
Note: Limited to 1000 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

16665132_1649195895096958_2657487088027561466_o-jpg.292428

Arrival.JPG
film_23063_3.jpg film_23063_4.jpg

Looks silly with the "I" missing from the slip

Not a fan of this package at all

That's definitely the worst part of this exclusive. I can't believe somebody thought that was a good idea.

I'm fine with the everything else and even like the lenti but the missing "i" is almost a deal breaker. Almost.

That's definitely the worst part of this exclusive. I can't believe somebody thought that was a good idea.

I'm fine with the everything else and even like the lenti but the missing "i" is almost a deal breaker. Almost.

Yeah it's so stupid

Is that true about the keyring? Or is that a joke that went well over my head? If it's true that's stupid too

I seriously can't stand their lenti magnets, so bad and fuzzy like a cheap knock off. Not clear at all with horrible flip flop transitions

Deadpool lenti slip isn't great but at least it's clear like a proper lenti

Yeah it's so stupid

Is that true about the keyring? Or is that a joke that went well over my head? If it's true that's stupid too

I seriously can't stand their lenti magnets, so bad and fuzzy like a cheap knock off. Not clear at all with horrible flip flop transitions

Deadpool lenti slip isn't great but at least it's clear like a proper lenti
lol a joke about the keychain

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
I might be able to live with the steelbook, but I still prefer the zavvi mock up, I prefer more minimal artwork and love white steels, so if that turns out to be confirmed I may buy that one and swap it out with this.

11369772-1854460982800934.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Felix_ro
I think that the picture on the lenti is extremely poor chose; to me that I know the movie "by heart", and I like it A LOT, this lenti tells me nothing, as it is a face of an actor, that could very simple be form any other movie that actor was in, but has NOTHING that say "Arrival" on it (and I don't mean written), none of the "emblematic" signs that distinct Arrival from any other movie, as I would think should the be the case with ANY props and designs specific for a "special-exclusive-limited" stuff.
I'm not an old connoisseur of the FAC or other "exclusives" but based on the pictures I saw with the old designs vs the new designs, I think as the other of you said, FAC is getting worst each time they come up with an "exclusive" FAC.
SO SORRY to see this, just now, when I started to know about that and I wanted to have some... SO SORRY ...:ugh::ohno::banghead:

I might be able to live with the steelbook, but I still prefer the zavvi mock up, I prefer more minimal artwork and love white steels, so if that turns out to be confirmed I may buy that one and swap it out with this.

11369772-1854460982800934.jpg

I BET that this WHITE SteelBook would STAND OUT really nice from the others in the shelf!
That would be SUPER! :thumbs:
I'm in for this version too!:drool:

Reactions: AnubisNefer
As hard it will be for me (for I loved this movie), I think I'll pass on this, too. As others have stated already, the decision to let the alien spacecraft replace the "I" in the title is simply not working (for me).

Let's just hope another premium retailer will pick this up and treat it better. Until then I will stick with the Zavvi steelbook (granted it will indeed have white base color).

As hard it will be for me (for I loved this movie), I think I'll pass on this, too. As others have stated already, the decision to let the alien spacecraft replace the "I" in the title is simply not working (for me).

Let's just hope another premium retailer will pick this up and treat it better. Until then I will stick with the Zavvi steelbook (granted it will indeed have white base color).

Agree with you. I am passing also (same with Passengers) and will wait to see live pictures of the zavvi version or another retailer (kimchi, manta lab, hdzeta) pick this up and make it WEA steelbook

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName

I don't have much of an issue with the ''i'' as it is on the Spine Title, I think what they created as a Fullslip is nice.
I understand that people can have an issue with this, but I just see it as an ''artistic choice'' and as we all know ''art is subjective''.

I think far worse is the magnet Lenticular, I would think people would have a much stronger reaction to the magnet lenti as opposed to the missing ''i''

I'd like to see Mondo and Olly Moss take a shot at this film for a print + steelbook. If not that, then I'd like HDZ or BF to put together an edition that is unified thematically and visually. Maybe include a soundtrack CD?

I don't have much of an issue with the ''i'' as it is on the Spine Title, I think what they created as a Fullslip is nice.
I understand that people can have an issue with this, but I just see it as an ''artistic choice'' and as we all know ''art is subjective''.

I think far worse is the magnet Lenticular, I would think people would have a much stronger reaction to the magnet lenti as opposed to the missing ''i''

As much as I dislike the FAC lenti magnets (well, most of them), as little do I care about them. Simply for the reason that they're usually stuck inside the slip, whereas I see the latter all time (or at least as long as it is on my special presentation shelf). Then think about the collectors who do not unseal their editions. They're probably even more sensitive to the outside art. Therefore the reactions are stronger to the title on the box than the lenti magnet, I guess.

Of course you're right artistic choice is to be considered. They can never please all. As fine as artistic choice is, in this particular case, they seem to have got carried away too much with it. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
I'd like to see Mondo and Olly Moss take a shot at this film for a print + steelbook. If not that, then I'd like HDZ or BF to put together an edition that is unified thematically and visually. Maybe include a soundtrack CD?

If BF does Arrival, we'll end up with a nice package where the lenti gets the art cards and the FS gets the booklet. I hate that even more than the missing "i".

As much as I dislike the FAC lenti magnets (well, most of them), as little do I care about them. Simply for the reason that they're usually stuck inside the slip, whereas I see the latter all time (or at least as long as it is on my special presentation shelf). Then think about the collectors who do not unseal their editions. They're probably even more sensitive to the outside art. Therefore the reactions are stronger to the title on the box than the lenti magnet, I guess.

Of course you're right artistic choice is to be considered. They can never please all. As fine as artistic choice is, in this particular case, they seem to have got carried away too much with it. ;)

Even though it is a fact that lots of the Collectors Keep their copies sealed(I used to be one of them), these ''Premium Editions'' with all the well thought of Bonus Items, those Packages are made by the retailer to offer a better product for the Collector to enjoy. They are initially made to be opened and appreciate the work that was put into them. If the collector does not open his copy and has an issue with the display because he does not open it, who's fault is this ?

Now once they are sold, the collector can do as he pleases and Keep it sealed that is his choice. But they are made to be Opened from the retailer's Point of view.

Personally the omitted ''i'' replaced by the current size of the Spaceship on the front Art, I actually like that it is that size as it reflects better what is in the movie...now with the Strong reaction I don't get. It's Different and interesting I find(but of course that is my point of view). If FA would have not added the Title it would have been as worse, it just seems that some people never seem to be satisfied in regards to The Title. There is some FAC that do not have any Title on front Artwork and people complained as well for those, so what is there left for the retailer ? no option of being creative ?... as if not the collector would be upset ? All front Art should contain all the time a Title and no room to play creative wise ?

Last edited:
Sure, they have the option of "being creative"--and we have the option of liking it or not. :) No one is saying FA shouldn't have the right to make a cover look however they want; but the product costs a lot, so if some of us don't think it's worth the money, we won't buy it.

For me, the look of this set just doesn't match how I feel about the film or how I would like it to be represented visually, so I'm passing. But it'll sell, and a lot of people will love it, and that's great!

Even though it is a fact that lots of the Collectors Keep their copies sealed(I used to be one of them), these ''Premium Editions'' with all the well thought of Bonus Items, those Packages are made by the retailer to offer a better product for the Collector to enjoy. They are initially made to be opened and appreciate the work that was put into them. If the collector does not open his copy and has an issue with the display because he does not open it, who's fault is this ?

Now once they are sold, the collector can do as he pleases and Keep it sealed that is his choice. But they are made to be Opened from the retailer's Point of view.

Personally the omitted ''i'' replaced by the current size of the Spaceship on the front Art, I actually like that it is that size as it reflects better what is in the movie...now with the Strong reaction I don't get. It's Different and interesting I find(but of course that is my point of view). If FA would have not added the Title it would have been as worse, it just seems that some people never seem to be satisfied in regards to The Title. There is some FAC that do not have any Title on front Artwork and people complained as well for those, so what is there left for the retailer ? no option of being creative ?... as if not the collector would be upset ? All front Art should contain all the time a Title and no room to play creative wise ?
I totally agree! You can't beat the feeling of unsealing a FAC there's something very satisfying about it! Discovering all those goodies and enjoying all the extras! It's a sad sight seeing pictures of sealed FAC editions lined up on someone's bookshelf! Very sad indeed!