Arrival (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #68) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 15, 2017 (Standard) - April 19, 2017 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 899 CZK (FAC)
Note: Limited to 1000 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

16665132_1649195895096958_2657487088027561466_o-jpg.292428

Arrival.JPG
film_23063_3.jpg film_23063_4.jpg

They probably took a look at the sorry assed Zavvi one and thought 'yeah, we can charge 1,099CZK now and people wlll pay it over that other one!!'

99.99% of Zavvi releases gradually drops in price in their website unlike Premium retailers who jack up the price few days after the release and then offer some discount around Xmas time if they don't sell.

I won't give you a bargain. Well, that's fine, I won't leave this place without a bargain lol.

99.99% of Zavvi releases gradually drops in price in their website unlike Premium retailers who jack up the price few days after the release and then offer some discount around Xmas time if they don't sell.

I won't give you a bargain. Well, that's fine, I won't leave this place without a bargain lol.
My point was the UK one is so bad people will probably still pay the extra to have this edition over it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: aj101097
The thing is that in this case we don't know if the prices is just fake and increased because it's oos, or will this actually affect the GB prices.
From comments from other releases it was mentioned a few times that FA tends to increase the rates for OOS items afterwards.

Confusing :confused:

The thing is that in this case we don't know if the prices is just fake and increased because it's oos, or will this actually affect the GB prices.
From comments from other releases it was mentioned a few times that FA tends to increase the rates for OOS items afterwards.

Confusing :confused:

The Price increase will not affect the GB Price. Also they had mentioned that all the loose pieces were already all purchased and even had to cancel some demands from people who claimed a piece. All the collectible numbered copies were sold, loose pieces were sold and Karel's GB copies taken into consideration as well and all of these were not affected by price increase. They only increased after all pieces were sold, why do they do that ? I really can't tell it is strange indeed... maybe so people get used to seeing a higher price so when they increase their price for upcoming editions people will not complain as much !? !? !?

• Thanks
Reactions: Raimi
Didn't Kimchdvd and Plain used to do (or maybe still does) a pre-order price period where you saved a couple bucks and then raise it later? I don't see a real difference besides maybe price hike amount...

Definitely not the same, FilmArena are even increasing the price on their website for items sold out long ago, and not by $2 (like the Kimchi pre-order period) but by 200-300 CZK... makes no sense at all.

Besides, in this case it was 899 CZK when the GB was opened, it is still not released, and now it's 1099 CZK on the website— their greed will cause their demise if they don't change.

Didn't Kimchdvd and Plain used to do (or maybe still does) a pre-order price period where you saved a couple bucks and then raise it later? I don't see a real difference besides maybe price hike amount...
Absolutely not. That was an incentive for preordering within 24 hrs (sometimes 48hrs). They have always communicated the original price and the sale price prior to preordering. And they have ALWAYS listed the final price after preorder right next to the 'sale' price on their website. And it was usually either a $1 or $2. And $5 for one-clicks (i think).

Definitely not the same, FilmArena are even increasing the price on their website for items sold out long ago, and not by $2 (like the Kimchi pre-order period) but by 200-300 CZK... makes no sense at all.

Besides, in this case it was 899 CZK when the GB was opened, it is still not released, and now it's 1099 CZK on the website— their greed will cause their demise if they don't change.
Are you able to purchase it at 1099 CZK right now?
Absolutely not. That was an incentive for preordering within 24 hrs (sometimes 48hrs). They have always communicated the original price and the sale price prior to preordering. And they have ALWAYS listed the final price after preorder right next to the 'sale' price on their website. And it was usually either a $1 or $2. And $5 for one-clicks (i think).
So if they would have said "We're going to list this at 1099 but anyone who pre-orders it can get it for 899" that would have been okay?

I made mention to it being a bigger increase like you did. I guess I don't see the harm in it if you can't buy them right now anyway. What does it matter?

Now if our GB Invoice says 1100 + fees, then yes that's a great time to start complaining :)

OK @wjasoncul

Here's one available to buy right now: John Wick Boxset for 2999 CZK:

View attachment 301202

It used to be 1999 CZK:

View attachment 301203

There is no justifying this.
I wasn't speaking on anything else except Arrival :D lol

I don't have any justification personally about that JW box. Maybe as the production continued, the price soared passed their initial estimates. And now that it's wrapped up and completed they feel like the extra increase in necessary. I don't know being on this side of the screen. Good example of a price increase though :thumbs:

Are you able to purchase it at 1099 CZK right now?

So if they would have said "We're going to list this at 1099 but anyone who pre-orders it can get it for 899" that would have been okay?
Absolutely yes! Knowledge is king!

You walk into a store to buy apples. On their weekly flier, they listed that the apples cost $1 each. However you go into the store at 2PM to find the apples actually cost $2 each. How would you feel? They tell you that it was a sale and in order to buy the apples at $1, you'd have had to come to the store before 12pm. You dont have a time machine and you missed out on the deal. Your time/effort is wasted. Now your choices are, either buy apples at $2 each or go back home.

Now imagine, on their weekly fliers, they listed & communicated that the apples are $2 each, but if you come to store before 12pm it will be $1 each...
That is why knowledge is king. Communication is very important.

And also, now imagine, that same store owner does this every week for all their products. Would you buy from that store anymore or would you choose another store?
This is the position FA is in now...
:)

We don't know fore sure yet if the price in the GB will change we not yet been invoiced for this yet
It has happened before with some previous FAC GB releases the invoice price was different to the GB price listing

Basic human psychology: those who have it in hand are those who have paid for it, which preconditions them to believe it's awesome. :)

The quality looks nice, but I'm still bothered by the I-spaceship, and also the "Why are they here?" question, which for me is not the point of the film. That's the motivating question for Colonel Weber, but it's not what the movie is really about.