Arrival (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #68) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 15, 2017 (Standard) - April 19, 2017 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 899 CZK (FAC)
Note: Limited to 1000 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

16665132_1649195895096958_2657487088027561466_o-jpg.292428

Arrival.JPG
film_23063_3.jpg film_23063_4.jpg

Not sure how I feel about the title placement on the front... the ship acting as the 'I' looks a bit tacky IMO.

As for the rest of the artwork, I like it! It's an official wallpaper though, so Film Arena didn't actually design this one and therefore can't be to blame for the "big heads" this time. :LOL:

View attachment 291438

I also used it for my steelbook concept...

View attachment 291439

This concept looks WAY better. I really hope they change the title placement and add the "i" back in.

SIDENOTE: someone said the FAC mockup was posted on the FilmArena Facebook but Im not seeing it on there anywhere?

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
This concept looks WAY better. I really hope they change the title placement and add the "i" back in.

SIDENOTE: someone said the FAC mockup was posted on the FilmArena Facebook but Im not seeing it on there anywhere?
Film Arena FAC Collection release info are mostly posted first on Facebook FAC Nation Group Page by Jan the film arena business manager
That's where most of the FAC Collections info comes from

Film Arena Collection Facebook main page does not post early release details only the final release details

It's a closed Facebook Group you need to join the group to see the posts as in be added by another member

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about the title placement on the front... the ship acting as the 'I' looks a bit tacky IMO.

As for the rest of the artwork, I like it! It's an official wallpaper though, so Film Arena didn't actually design this one and therefore can't be to blame for the "big heads" this time. :LOL:

View attachment 291438

I also used it for my steelbook concept...

View attachment 291439

FilmArena needs to look at your concept art and do the exact same thing to their full slip. Artwise, this slip looks great, but that 'ship as an I' needs to go. Like you said, that's just tacky. Definitely needs to change before release.

I guess it COULD be worse with the title....
View attachment 291440:p

:hilarious::LOL:

Don't give them any ideas. :p

The missing "i" definitely bothers me, so I hope people post to the film arena site in great numbers while there is still a chance to get them to make the change.

Look how well it worked with the art cards for The Shallows release.

Their design definitely has potential. Needs to be tweaked a bit though. The missing "I" just kills it for me.

Not usually interested in Filmarena releases and as such will be waiting for another retailer to do it (Manta Lab anyone?). But will be watching the development of this release closely, as Arrival was a phenomenal film and absolutely deserves the premium treatment.

• Thanks
Reactions: Masta Norris
Film Arena FAC Collection release info are mostly posted first on Facebook FAC Nation Group Page by Jan the film arena business manager
That's where most of the FAC Collections info comes from

Film Arena Collection Facebook main page does not post early release details only the final release details

It's a closed Facebook Group you need to join the group to see the posts as in be added by another member

thanks didnt realize there was a group. i sent a request to join on there

Reactions: paulboland
I don't really like it that much. The missing "i" is specially what bothers me.

Do we know if any other retailer is going to make a premium edition of this movie? Or do we have to go with this one?