Assassin's Creed III (PS3/Xbox 360 Steelbook) [North America]

FanOfGaming

Steelbook, POP & Statue Collector
Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
EDIT: Looks like this will be a North American release and not a Future Shop exclusive as previously thought

- G1 Only
- NO Discs, Steelbook is empty
- Given with pre-orders IN STORE ONLY, website pre-orders will NOT get the steelbook (confirmed at FS & BB, unsure about EB)

Future Shop pre-order: Assassin's Creed III PS3

EB Games pre-order: Assassin's Creed III

Best Buy Canada pre-order: Assassin's Creed III

Steelbook appears to be the same one as the USA release.

ass3steel-01.jpg

ass3steel-02.jpg

Thanks to Leshita for the pictures!

Attachments

• assassins creed 3.jpg
    assassins creed 3.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
That's odd... Isn't Assassin's Creed 3 release October 30th? How come the steelbook is released 8 month before the game? :wtf:

It has a dollar value amount of $10 in the inventory system, so I think it might be like how Best Buy does the Disney Metal Box pre-orders (where you pay $7.50 and get the empty case to put the discs in when the movie comes out) and you will pay $10 for the pre-order, get the empty steelbook and then get the discs in October when the game releases

I hope the rumours of the new setting and character is true for this game! I am all for Italy, but would not mind the rumoured American Revolution setting for a change. :)

PS: Ancient Egypt and Ancient China I would love as well.

:DA new one? or just an add on?

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

I'm replying to myself : a new one :scat::scat::scat:I love the assassin's creed series...
Assassins-Creed-III-11.jpeg

Wow, where is that art from?

The setting is all but confirmed if that art is official. :)

PS: I am 100% certain this is a new game and not an add-on. There is an Assassin's Creed Revelations add-on being released but III is an entirely separate thing coming in the fall. I am not sure why the Steelbook is listed as March 5th though, maybe they are taking a page out of what Best Buy USA did with some of the Disney Metal / Steel cases and handing them out in-stores once you pre-order.

I can't say say how i know for sure, but i can confirm that ACIII will take place (partly) in the Revolutionary/Colonial era. :scat:

I just found out myself last week. Can't wait!!!

:DA new one? or just an add on?

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

I'm replying to myself : a new one :scat::scat::scat:I love the assassin's creed series...
Assassins-Creed-III-11.jpeg

FYI, my "source" says that screenshot is completely fake. There has been absolutely no media released by Ubisoft officially yet regarding ACIII.

I wish they had released regular G2 steelbook versions of the AC games for PS3 in the UK. We got those tat filled space taking SEs (which at least are quite rare), but apart from the PC release of AC1, no steelbook. I've got the German and Canadian Collection G1 steelbooks, which can hold 7 discs total, and I think I'm just going to stick with them.

im just stoked for this game!!
I just beat Revelations... WOOOOO

I just got all the games during Boxing Day (only played through AC1 years ago and owned AC2 but neglected it since 2009). Finally finished AC2 a few weeks ago and am just starting AC: Brotherhood now, hoping to finish AC: Revelations before AC3 comes out now. :D