ASUS Eee Pad Transformer - $399 Honeycomb Tablet

Apr 2, 2009
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/31/asus-eee-pad-transformer-shows-up-at-best-buy-for-400/

11x0331152transfrormer.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Compute...cmcat238200050008&ref=39&CJPID=3831312&loc=01

like-that-but-better-550x277.jpg

:hilarious::scat:

I have this tablet and think it's absolutely amazing. :scat: I don't know how I ever got by without it. EEK!

Here are some of my screen captures. I'm using a simplistic approach to all my icons and it looks and performs amazing, especially with all the widgets I have going. Each one of those text icons with custom font are custom made by me. It took me forever to do the entire system. EEK!

P20120112204742.png

P20120112205148.png

P20120112205507.png

P20120112205641.png

P20120112205711.png

P20120112205749.png

I have the keyboard for mine. It's really cool because when you use the keyboard it converts the tablet into a Netbook. It also gives you 2 USB ports and a SD card slot for expandability. I've been thinking about getting the Asus Tranformer Prime. It is so bad-ass. :oohyeah:

The Transformer w/ Keyboard dock. By docking it with the keyboard it essentially makes it into a Netbook. If you really want awesomeness, I suggest the Asus Transformer Prime.

• Metallic spun finish design that’s only 8.3mm slim and 586g light
  • NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 Quad-core CPU for excellent multitasking, 1080P Full HD video playback and 3D games
  • Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS with Adobe® Flash® support* and over 500,000 downloadable applications on the Android ™ Market
  • Full QWERTY keyboard with touchpad and USB port, while also extending the battery to 18 hours* when combined with the mobile dock
  • Ultra-wide 178⁰ viewing angle and ultra bright Super IPS+ panel protected by scratch resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass
  • MicroSD Card Reader, Micro HDMI port and 8G life time ASUS Webstorage space for easy sharing & expandability
  • 8MP rear auto-focus camera with LED flash, back-illuminated CMOS sensor and large aperture design to clearly capture every moment

It doesn't get much better than that. It'll run circles around the new iPad 3 coming out. I've seen the test beds on both. :D

Well actually the Asus Transformer Prime has some key features that the iPad 3 doesn't and visa versa. I've been reading more into it and they both are very good. This is really a desicion you must ultimately make on your own. If you get a chance to do a side-by-side comparison I would do it.

If you're used to iOS already then I would stick with the iPad 3, If your an Android guru like I am then the Prime is your ticket. Although the Prime sports a Quad-Core processor while the iPad 3 only has a Dual-Core processor. That makes the Prime a lot faster at perfoming tasks than the iPad 3.

The iPad 3 has almost twice the resolution than the Prime has so the iPad 3 is going to be very vibrant. Also, if your interested in having your tablet connect to the internet via 4G LTE on it's own then the iPad 3 is the one you want. Only thing is that you will have to have a dedicated carrier to support the 4G LTE for it. With the Prime you need not have a carrier for it. You would just tether through your phone over 4G LTE. I for one would prefer to have one bill for my cell phone and just have a carrier-less tablet. With the iPad 3 and your cell phone, that's two seperate bills to have to pay. EEK!

Anyways it's something that you will have to decide according to what your taste is for.

Anyways her's a comparison on them. LINK

Thanks for that - will only use it via WLAN at home or at some friends so I won't have to think about the internet bill ;) Will wait a few more weeks as I'm not in a hurry. As soon as we have move I'll check the prices for the Ipad 3 and the Transformer and decide then. ;)