Upcoming Attack on Titan (Season 3)

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
This thread is to discuss the awesomeness that was Attack on Titan only!

Please be polite to others and use spoiler tags or make a note of a spoiler incoming on top of your reply. Thanks!

Episode List
  1. To You, After 2,000 Years: The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 1
  2. That Day: The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 2
  3. A Dim Light in the Darkness of Despair: Humanity Rises Again, Part 1
  4. Night of the Graduation Ceremony: Humanity Rises Again, Part 2
  5. First Battle: Battle of Trost District, Part 1
  6. The World She Saw: Battle of Trost District, Part 2
  7. The Small Blade: Battle of Trost District, Part 3
  8. Hearing the Heartbeat: Battle of Trost District, Part 4
  9. Where the Left Arm Went: Battle of Trost District, Part 5
  10. Answer: Battle of Trost District, Part 6
  11. Icon: Battle of Trost District, Part 7
  12. Wound: Battle of Trost District, Part 8
  13. Primal Desires: Battle of Trost District, Part 9
  14. Since That Day
  15. Still Can't See: Prelude to the Counterattack, Part 1
  16. Special Operations Squad: Prelude to the Counterattack, Part 2
  17. What Should be Done: Prelude to the Counterattack, Part 3
  18. Female Titan: 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls, Part 1
  19. Forest of Giant Trees: 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls, Part 2
  20. Bite: 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls, Part 3
  21. Erwin Smith: 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls, Part 4
  22. Crushing Blow: 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls, Part 5
  23. The Defeated: 57th Expedition Beyond the Walls, Part 6
  24. Smile: Raid on Stohess District, Part 1
  25. Mercy: Raid on Stohess District, Part 2
  26. Wall: Raid on Stohess District, Part 3

AttackonTitan.jpg

*Image thanks to Cruncryroll

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Loved the anime, now that its up on Netflix I can finish the show. Had canceled my Crunchy Roll sub before the show had finished.

Also anyone check out the two new manga series that started up yesterday?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I haven't yet, I usually like to let the number of releases build before I sit down and read them :D. I dislike waiting week after week for a new release.

It is rumored that second part of the series might be releasing towards the end of this year. Rumor though, but I am hopeful it happens!

I haven't yet, I usually like to let the number of releases build before I sit down and read them :D. I dislike waiting week after week for a new release.

It is rumored that second part of the series might be releasing towards the end of this year. Rumor though, but I am hopeful it happens!

I hope so, I'd like to see this series remain successful and have a decent run. I hate single series shows.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Speak of the devil, preview for volume 13 was revealed by Shingeki Kyoji.

attachment.php

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394826108895.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394826108895.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
I haven't been following the manga to be honest, I switched to the anime. Both have a very slow pace, but I can bare it with the show. So now that volume 13 is in the horizon, I guess I can expect the same to continue sometime this year, hopefully! :p

My take on Attack on Titan

I've just finished the 1st season and, whoo boy! what an amazing series (so far!) This anime is an almost perfect fusion of story, action, animation and suspense. Some of the action is a bit too visceral towards the end of the season. If you don't know what I mean, trust me, it's some of the most bone-breaking, gut-wrenching killing you'll ever see in Anime (with the possible exception of Blade of the Immortal!)

As with any good (or excellent) production, you will be presented with more questions than there are answers (spoiler tags for obvious reasons):

1. Who built the walls?
2. Are the Titans gene-gineered (Genosha-speak, sorry!)
3. Why do we not see the Royal family / Royalty? Are they Titans?
4. Is the Female Titan related to the Colossal and Armoured Titans?
5. Why did Annie (the Female Titan) choose to attack and kill members of the Survey Corps? This cannot have anything to do with the brewing battle between the Survey Corps and the Military Police, can it?
6. Why did the Female Titan want Eren? She didn't want to kill him, so there must be a higher purpose in mind...
7. Who do the Titans serve?
8. If elite troops protect the Royal Family, how much better are they in battle than Captain Levi?
9. Related to point 8 above, how good is Commander Erwin in battle?
10. We never see Eren's father after the first couple of episodes (except in flashbacks). What role does he have to play?
11. What's in the basement in Eren's house?

I'm sure that a lot of the above has been covered in the manga, which I will get around to reading sometime soon. I am eagerly looking forward to the next season!

I watched the show, then jumped to the manga and am completely caught up.

I do find the manga to be a bit on the slow side, but the chapters are rather long so that makes it better.

Great show, great manga.

Season 2 coming Spring 2017!

Courtesy Spinoff Online:
Following excruciating delays and countless rumors, the staff of “Attack on Titan” announced this weekend the second season of the blockbuster anime series will at last premiere next spring. If you remain skeptical, look no further than the official website, and the first teaser image (below).

Produced by Wit Studio, the adaptation of Hajime Isayama’s bestselling manga concluded its first season on Sept. 29, 2013. The eagerly anticipated second season was initially announced in November 2014 for sometime in 2016. However, it didn’t take long for rumors to circulate that the new season wouldn’t hit that target — which waseffectively confirmed earlier this year by “Attack on Titan’s” Spanish distributor.

According to Crunchyroll, the series’ staff will return for Season 2, but with Tetsuro Araki assuming the role of chief director, and Masashi Koizuka becoming episode director.

The returning cast includes Yuuki Kaji as Eren, Yui Ishikawa as Mikasa, Marina Inoue as Armin, Kishō Taniyama as Jean, Yu Shimamura as Annie, Yu Kobayashi as Sasha, Shiori Mikami as Christa, Hiro Shimono as Conny, Yoshimasa Hosoya as Reiner, Tomohisa Hashizume as Bertholt, Saki Fujita as Ymir, Hiroshi Kamiya as Levi, Daisuke Ono as Erwin, Romi Park as Hanji, and Keiji Fujiwara as Hannes.

“Attack on Titan’s” 25-episode first season were adapted for theatrical release as two films, “Attack on Titan – Part 1: Crimson Bow and Arrow” and “Attack on Titan – Part 2: Wings of Freedom,” released in 2014 and 2015.

attack-on-titan-s2-570x807.jpg

Attachments

• AoT.png
    AoT.png
    724.1 KB · Views: 1,194
  • Thanks
Reactions: karma2578
Season 2 coming Spring 2017!

Courtesy Spinoff Online:
Following excruciating delays and countless rumors, the staff of “Attack on Titan” announced this weekend the second season of the blockbuster anime series will at last premiere next spring. If you remain skeptical, look no further than the official website, and the first teaser image (below).

Produced by Wit Studio, the adaptation of Hajime Isayama’s bestselling manga concluded its first season on Sept. 29, 2013. The eagerly anticipated second season was initially announced in November 2014 for sometime in 2016. However, it didn’t take long for rumors to circulate that the new season wouldn’t hit that target — which waseffectively confirmed earlier this year by “Attack on Titan’s” Spanish distributor.

According to Crunchyroll, the series’ staff will return for Season 2, but with Tetsuro Araki assuming the role of chief director, and Masashi Koizuka becoming episode director.

The returning cast includes Yuuki Kaji as Eren, Yui Ishikawa as Mikasa, Marina Inoue as Armin, Kishō Taniyama as Jean, Yu Shimamura as Annie, Yu Kobayashi as Sasha, Shiori Mikami as Christa, Hiro Shimono as Conny, Yoshimasa Hosoya as Reiner, Tomohisa Hashizume as Bertholt, Saki Fujita as Ymir, Hiroshi Kamiya as Levi, Daisuke Ono as Erwin, Romi Park as Hanji, and Keiji Fujiwara as Hannes.

“Attack on Titan’s” 25-episode first season were adapted for theatrical release as two films, “Attack on Titan – Part 1: Crimson Bow and Arrow” and “Attack on Titan – Part 2: Wings of Freedom,” released in 2014 and 2015.

View attachment 249694

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja