Horror-Theatrical Attack on Titan (live-action) - In theaters August 1st, 2015

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Attack on Titan (2015)

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Shinji Higuchi[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Haruma Miura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kiko Mizuhara[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kanata Hongō[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nanami Sakuraba[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Takahiro Miura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Satomi Ishihara[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Takahiro Miura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ayame Misaki[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pierre Taki[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jun Kunimura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shu Watanabe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rina Takeda[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-08-01[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Based on the manga series "Shingeki no Kyojin" by Hajime Isayama (first published September 9, 2009 by Kodansha's Bessatsu Shonen Magazine). The story of Attack on Titan centers around the adventures of Eren Yeager, his adopted sister Mikasa Ackerman, and their friend Armin Arlert. After the wall which protects their hometown of Shinganshina is breached by Titans, Eren watches in horror as one of them eats his mother. Vowing to kill all Titans, Eren enlists in the military along with his friends.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
3nIgpYT8Zy0sV16WySYjEQyBQhk.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDb:
Mankind is under the terror of titans, a beast in which feast on human flesh. Eren Yeager's a young boy determined to make change when he himself could transform into one. He is humanity's last hope.

Director: Shinji Higuchi

Starring: Haruma Miura, Kiko Mizuhara, Kanata Hongô

Attack.jpg

Plot Summary:
A teenage boy named Eren Jaeger must use his special gift to fight alongside with the military to defeat the titan race. Mankind is on the brink of extinction when these man eating monsters terrorize everybody and destroy the last of human civilization left in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think American studios will try to do this. This is very Japanese. (Read:weird).
I don't see a hollywood picture about giant naked people monsters. I mean the most mainstream of anime (Cowboy Bebop, Akira, etc.) has had a very hard time even getting made- and NOT at blockbuster level.
i could see a variation on the theme being made- but not this story as it stands. Not only is it bizzare-
it is a stone-cold bummer of a story.
It does not scream Hollywood remake.
Hollywood will twist and turn everything to make it American so it would appeal to worldwide audience.

My major concern is the, seemingly, weak cgi. For example if you look at the scene in the alley where the women is picked up by the titan, the hand looks awful and doesn't really integrate well with the live action stuff. I hope it's early days but if not then it's going to suffer for it.
Hollywood will solve the cgi problem with a touch of a button (pun intended).

Apparently, the "tween" thing is not just an American phenomenon. Reviews coming out of Japan, while not scathing or especially praising, seem to all agree that the second installment would be much better if the annoying teenagers had gotten killed in the first half!!:LOL: (I'm paraphrasing of course.)

Live-Action Attack on Titan Set for Fall Release
popcorn2.gif

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/472105-live-action-attack-on-titan-set-for-fall-release
Earlier this summer, it was revealed that FUNimation Entertaiment had secured the distribution rights to the live-action Attack on Titan film, which will be released in two parts. Now, FUNimation is back with the official release dates and a brand-new trailer for the film. Unlike most multi-part films that average up to a year between installments, moviegoers will wait just three weeks between Part 1 & 2. Attack on Titan Part 1 hits theaters beginning September 30, with Part 2 arriving in theaters beginning October 20.

“Fan reaction to Attack on Titan was extremely positive at the world premiere and we’re pleased to be able to announce dates for the theatrical releases in September and October,” said Gen Fukunaga, CEO and President of FUNimation Entertainment. “Attack on Titan is a worldwide phenomenon and we are excited to bring the live action movies to not only fans of the manga and anime but also horror fans as well from across the U.S. and Canada.”

Anyone see it yet? Steelbook is being released and no time to view movie first... :p

I watched both. They were incredibly disappointing. The filmmakers completely re-wrote the story and gave it a generic, seen-from-a-mile-away plot twist. The CGI was decent, but the acting was awful. As a fan of the anime series, yeah... this disappointed the hell out of me.