splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Avatar 2

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Kate Winslet, Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Oona Chaplin, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Giovanni Ribisi, CCH Pounder, Joel David Moore, Matt Gerald, Trinity Bliss, Britain Dalton, Jamie Flatters, Jack Champion, Filip Geljo, Duane Evans Jr., Bailey Bass, Chloe Coleman, Jemaine Clement

Release: 2021-12-15

Plot: A sequel to Avatar (2009).

but the thing is you're saying Avatar deserves credibility and a best picture win. Which it doesn't.

James Cameron has a built in audience, therefore Avatar had a built in audience. Much like anything that Tim Burton does.

And again, I don't HATE Avatar. I thought it was a fun movie. But that's it. It doesn't deserve more than that.

but the thing is you're saying Avatar deserves credibility and a best picture win. Which it doesn't.

James Cameron has a built in audience, therefore Avatar had a built in audience. Much like anything that Tim Burton does.

And again, I don't HATE Avatar. I thought it was a fun movie. But that's it. It doesn't deserve more than that.

hey thats cool. i think it does deserve some credit for the reasons i said above. nothing wrong with a difference in opinion :D

we'll see how it does at the oscar's. to me, i feel like the whole thing isnt as important as it use to be honestly. if there were better movies this year id say avatar doesn't have a chance, but i just dont see that tough of competition. precious like you said, inglorious bastards and the hurt locker i think could also be good nominations for best picture.

i think nominations get announced tomorrow? we'll see what the list looks like then.

I must admit, that i was not interested in seeing this flick when I saw the trailer but I went so I didn't have to hear everything from everybody. My bride really surprised me because I had to coax her to come with me. she had absolutely NO interest in seeing it but after the first viewing she dragged me out to see it again. the second time we went we went to the imax and I gotta say, we both enjoyed it a hell of alot more on the regular screen. It didn't help that we got there late and were in the front row. I just find action sequences on the imax don't look very good. it's just too damn big is all. I would go see it a third time on the regular screen.

I must admit, that i was not interested in seeing this flick when I saw the trailer but I went so I didn't have to hear everything from everybody. My bride really surprised me because I had to coax her to come with me. she had absolutely NO interest in seeing it but after the first viewing she dragged me out to see it again. the second time we went we went to the imax and I gotta say, we both enjoyed it a hell of alot more on the regular screen. It didn't help that we got there late and were in the front row. I just find action sequences on the imax don't look very good. it's just too damn big is all. I would go see it a third time on the regular screen.

Yeah I actually enjoyed it more on the regular 3-D screen also.

News Corp. in Early Talks with Cameron for Avatar 2

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62936

News Corporation chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch said during his quarterly earnings call on Tuesday that the company, which owns 20th Century Fox, is in early talks with James Cameron about a possible Avatar sequel.

Cameron "has ideas about it," he said, adding: "We will be pushing one." The Hollywood Reporter says Murdoch cautioned analysts not to "hold your breath for another one" in a possible reference to Cameron projects often taking a long time to come to fruition.

News Corporation deputy chairman, president and COO Chase Carey interjected that both sides want to make another movie.

Asked about the Blu-ray and DVD release, Murdoch said Avatar will be released during the company's current fiscal year, which ends June 30. He added that it won't be a 3D release as the technology isn't developed enough yet. A 3D release may be possible "down the road," Carey said.

meh. i liked avatar, but no sequel

yah, i dont know how i feel about a sequel.

on the one hand, it could give them a chance to really flesh out the characters more and give them more depth, something they were severely lacking in the first.

on the other hand, i can't imagine a situation that they can do where it actually adds to the story without feeling cheap and forced.

either way, its gonna be another like 3 years before they get this done i bet.

Fox Confirms That Avatar 2 Is Coming, But Maybe Not Soon

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fox-Confirms-That-Avatar-2-Is-Coming-But-Maybe-Not-Soon-16857.html

Yesterday here we told you about a rumored speed bump in the road on the way to an Avatar sequel. What’s the problem? Cameron isn't in a rush to do it. Today THR came right out and confirmed the whole mess by getting a comment from News Corp head honcho Rupert Murdoch who was quick to caution everyone not to “hold your breath for an early one.” Avatar 2 is coming, but it doesn’t look like it’s coming quickly.

But it’s not all bad news. The sequel is happening, we’re just not sure when. And while you wait, you’ll have Avatar on DVD to watch over and over and over again until your friends disavow you and your parents kick you out of their basement and we ban your IP address from their site because we're sick of you spamming our comments section with Jake Sully fan fiction. In fact you’ll have it on DVD sooner rather than later.

Though Fox plans to keep Avatar running in theaters as long as possible, Murdoch says that once it’s out of theaters, the DVD should show up “soon after.” In particular they’re targeting a June 30 release date, though don’t hold your breath for 3D DVD. The technology for it just isn’t quite there yet. Besides, why release it in 3D DVD right off the bat when you can force people to buy the movie twice with two separate releases? Fox likes your money. It likes it even better when it gets it twice for the same movie.

Avatar all time US domestic leader; Cameron hints at movies 2 and 3??

haters shhhh ;)

"Avatar" climbed to $601.1 million domestically on Tuesday, putting it a fraction ahead of the $600.8 million haul for "Titanic."

With more than $2 billion worldwide, Cameron's sci-fi sensation shattered the global box-office record of $1.84 billion held by "Titanic" last week.

"When some said to us, `How is it going to feel to knock off `Titanic'? I think our response was, `It's about time those guys got knocked off their perch,'" said Cameron's producing partner Jon Landau on Tuesday, after "Avatar" tied for the lead at the Academy Awards with nine nominations, including best picture.

"Lightning is not supposed to strike twice. And it has. And it's a pinch-me moment when you sit there and you hear that we're going to break another record. It's beyond anything that we could have imagined," he said.

Landau said he, Cameron and their collaborators have discussed sequel prospects but that nothing definite has been decided. Just before the release of "Avatar" in December, writer-director Cameron said he had the "broad strokes for two more films."

"This is set up to be a potential franchise," Cameron had said in December. "It's not like I've got scripts two and three teed up, ready to go, and I want to start at the end of January. But it's definitely part of the game plan."

"Avatar" still has plenty of box-office life left. It passed $600 million domestically on its 47th day of release. Back in 1998, "Titanic" was at barely half that amount — $311 million — after its 47th day in theaters.

Factoring in today's higher admission prices, "Titanic" still has sold more tickets than "Avatar."

Adjusted for inflation, classics such as "Gone With the Wind," "Star Wars" and "The Sound of Music" still top the charts for most tickets sold.

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=9739375

For $15.80 a pop. CJ-CGV, an enterprising Korean cinema operator, has been offering its 4D experience for a year now, but Avatar's sellout success has led it to open three more "4D plexes." The way the company finally cornered that elusive fourth dimension is by engaging all five senses: moving seats, wind, water sprinkling, lasers, and synthetic smells are all used in time with the movie.

For $15.80 a pop. CJ-CGV, an enterprising Korean cinema operator, has been offering its 4D experience for a year now, but Avatar's sellout success has led it to open three more "4D plexes." The way the company finally cornered that elusive fourth dimension is by engaging all five senses: moving seats, wind, water sprinkling, lasers, and synthetic smells are all used in time with the movie.

now THAT sounds interesting, although the water sprinkling might be a bit much lol