Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 31st, 2016
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (live)
Price: £24.99

IMG_8958.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The steelbook is ok but does has it's faults
It would have been a nicer release if no Lenticular magnet was used and been a gloss finish
Disney Europe need to use better supplier for the lenti magnet in terms of size and lenti effects
The inside artwork is a mess and should have been fixed before released

I like the WWA release but like Blufans release better

Reactions: lgans316
Yes, the Blufans is cropped better but as I prefer very different artwork on my steelbook to that on my Amaray I personally wouldn't go for it over the very different front art of the Zavvi.. . . or rather I would go for it had it been priced the same as the Zavvi. In fact, I would have bought both had they been priced the same (@GBP 25).
Having just seen pics of that edition I can certainly see the attraction and I've got to admit that it is a thing of beauty and a very stylish-looking steelbook and as I'm a fan of Tyler Stout artwork I don't mind "busy" (LOL)
122327_large.jpg
160196_large.jpg

. . . also like the upcoming (?) Mondo X one with the Tyler Stout artwork:-
145789_front.jpg

Yes, the Blufans is cropped better but as I prefer very different artwork on my steelbook to that on my Amaray I personally wouldn't go for it over the very different front art of the Zavvi.. . . or rather I would go for it had it been priced the same as the Zavvi. In fact, I would have bought both had they been priced the same (@GBP 25).
Having just seen pics of that edition I can certainly see the attraction and I've got to admit that it is a thing of beauty and a very stylish-looking steelbook and as I'm a fan of Tyler Stout artwork I don't mind "busy" (LOL)
122327_large.jpg
160196_large.jpg

. . . also like the upcoming (?) Mondo X one with the Tyler Stout artwork:-
145789_front.jpg

Apparently the mondo age of ultron has been cancelled but I imagine it's just a delay and will happen eventually to match the first mondo steel

If that does happen I hope to god blu fans don't get it. That was a crazy price for a barebones mondo steel. Especially for the variant slip.
But it is a beauty (just like their AOU WEA you mentioned)

You're joking of course ?
You're saying you don't rate / like any of these Mondo X steelbook artworks ?
145791_large.jpg
141901_large.jpg
141838_large.jpg
133205_large.jpg
132534_large.jpg
132136_large.jpg
127877_large.jpg
124603_large.jpg
119411_large.jpg
114534_large.jpg

Admittedly some of the others are a bit meh - LABYRINTH being the least satisfactory IMO - but these above :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC
You're joking of course ?
You're saying you don't rate / like any of these Mondo X steelbook artworks ?
145791_large.jpg
141901_large.jpg
141838_large.jpg
133205_large.jpg
132534_large.jpg
132136_large.jpg
127877_large.jpg
124603_large.jpg
119411_large.jpg
114534_large.jpg

Admittedly some of the others are a bit meh - LABYRINTH being the least satisfactory IMO - but these above :drool:
Not joking .
Only Mondo IMO worthy of my cash are
Reservoir Dogs
Boondock Saints
Dredd
The rest are a mess. ( in fact Nightcrawler may just be the ugliest steel I have seen)

Reactions: lgans316
I must admit after finally seeing this in the flesh, the steelbook on the outside excluding the lenticular magnet is quite nice, the metallic finish to caps shield and lack widows arm are a nice touch, ultron image is also good. cropping not great at all on the inside but I can live with it. after all the hate over this release its not bad.

• Thanks
Reactions: texansfan26
Grabbed this and Alice Through The Looking Glass steel as they're both @ £12.99. Then added the NUS10 code that @dan8885 posted for another 10% off. Thanks for the heads up :)

Did the same thing only I did the ordering yesterday and I wasn't aware of the NU10 code :(
Oh well, still a nice deal, since I first had them preordered at full price :p

Terrible steelbook. Missmatch lenti, cropped back artwork, messed up inside. I seriously wouldnt accept it even if i got it for free.
Several of the re-released Marvel movies suffer from this. It feels so damn cheap, like a complete amateur with no sense of aesthetics designed it. Yuck. Nopes, i have way higher standards than that.