Avengers [Marvel]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Feel free to discuss all Avengers comics/series -- past, present and future -- in this thread. Enjoy!

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 220
Has anyone been reading the Avengers books written by Jonathan Hickman? I've only been reading the adjectiveless title, but it's been damn awesome so far. I'm ecstatic for the upcoming Infinity event from Marvel that spins off out of Avengers and features Thanos as the big bad.

If you're curious about Hickman's Avengers, you can check out the review that I wrote for the first issue here... exclusive to HDN! :thumbs:

This past week on The View, it was announced that Thor will be a female beginning in the fall. It’s said that she is someone that Thor has saved in the past who is more worthy of the Thor mantle than the current version.

Also announced this week is that Sam Wilson or better known as Falcon is going to become Captain America. He will also be the first African-American to be the character. Oh, and let’s not forget the hint at the new Iron Man suit called The Superior Iron Man.

“Like the Superior Spider-Man, Superior Iron Man is a character that’s hard to root for,” Marvel’s Axel Alonso teases.

What does this all mean? Where are comics going? As for these characters, they’re all going to be in the new Marvel Now Universe called Avengers NOW!

More on this story is to come in the following weeks

Click photo to Enlarge

Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly

Continue reading...

This will not affect the entire universe, methinks. Marvel & DC have done dramatic changes before. They never last for very long before reverting back to the norm.

It is also as fresh start and gives the reader an overview of a what if situation. I remember them doing this to Batman, Superman, Thor (When Blake became Thor, not Thor himself) & even Spider-Man if I recall! Look forward to picking up the new Thor and seeing how it does. Even the Captain America one sounds great. Yes they should have more African American heroes. Not necessarily taking over past roles as such but there are more than Falcon needed.

Avengers (2018-)

upload_2018-5-2_11-21-26.png

Thor Odinson. Steve Rogers. Tony Stark. The Big Three of the Avengers are reunited at last! And just in time to save the world from total annihilation at the hands of their most powerful enemies yet: the 2000-foot-tall space gods known as Celestials. Behold the coming of the Final Host. Who will answer the call to assemble for a wild new era of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes? Hint: one of them has a flaming skull for a head. And what strange, world-shaking connection exists between the Final Host and Odin’s ancient band of Prehistoric Avengers?