May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 6 Votes
Title: Barbie

Genre: Comedy/Drama

Director: Greta Gerwig

Cast: Margot Robbie

Release: 2023-21-07

Plot: A doll living in 'Barbieland' is expelled for not being perfect enough and sets off on an adventure in the real world. A Live-action feature film based on the popular line of Barbie toys.

Oh no, men paid attention to a beautiful girl, 'wooed' her, or whistled, gotta get angry and beat'em all up.
What a bunch of crap. They dress up pretty precisely for those reasons, to be noticed and looked at.
I don't mean grabbing anything, of course, and those cases of drunks in some pubs do not represent the majority.

He’s genuinely right for the first 20 seconds. Then the tw@t just gets it completely wrong after that

God why do people watch such drivel on YouTube. Lol
Because he's usually not wrong.
He exaggerates things for dramatic purposes, that's his style, but I've liked every movie he recommended, often having seen them way before, and disliked the ones he didn't.

Oh no, men paid attention to a beautiful girl, 'wooed' her, or whistled, gotta get angry and beat'em all up.
What a bunch of crap. They dress up pretty precisely for those reasons, to be noticed and looked at.
I don't mean grabbing anything, of course, and those cases of drunks in some pubs do not represent the majority.
I've never seen so many red flags in one post.

I've never seen so many red flags in one post.
I must have forgotten to put a 'triggers' warning, and invaded your 'safe space'. :rofl:

This 'culture war' is going on for a reason, and I believe it will level out with time to something more acceptable for everyone.
As it is now, a great idea of inclusivity and equal rights, united under the 'woke' word, was turned into the blame game of exclusivity and negativity, and the word itself into an expletive.

This movie made me BAWL. And laugh of course. So many beautiful human moments. This was such a wonderful foil to Noah Baumbach's White Noise. And as others mentioned, did a good job of empowering BOTH genders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
So if that’s refereed to me you still have no idea who tried to fight who you absolute muppet. The first comment of me mentioning a fight was actually me asking the guy to chill out and to not actually do that to my gf who is literally standing next to me and he got in my face nearly having a fight whilst he was off his face.

The second was a racist attack. And it was me who wanted to put the guys jaw in the back of his head. Huge difference. But you wouldn’t understand because you are one of the biggest creeps on this site and someone who has probably never felt the love physically by another human being.

You sound like the kind of creep who actively spike girls drinks on the weekend because they are wearing a short skirt and politely gave you a smile just to be nice because you’re staring at them.

Why the f**k am I even explaining this to you!
Stfu you moron
Because he's usually not wrong.
He exaggerates things for dramatic purposes, that's his style, but I've liked every movie he recommended, often having seen them way before, and disliked the ones he didn't.
Of course you do, you only have to listen to those weirdos for 30 seconds to understand what audience they attract and the films you all have in common

Don't know who "The Drinker" is and I'm not even watching the video but can guess what it's about lol. The amount of butthurt from so many men about this is hilarious and expected, the irony about them expecting this movie to pander to them and give men not even equal but superior footing to men over women within the movie is so perfect I can't even begin to explain it. The further irony is about (Gosling's) Ken's insecurities and that men complaining about this is effectively proving the movie's point.
A fake that's what he is, I cannot stand his annoying voice idk if he's trying to sound drunk and we are supposed to be amused by that (drunk people don't amuse me)
He blasts movies all the time, I'd like to see him make a movie.
He wrote some crappy books basically a copycat of jack reacher, which are complete trash btw he hated Pattinson as Batman because quote ''he was too feminine''
The guy is a rich boy comes from a privilged background so his mommy and daddy paid all his bills while he sat at home trying to make a career out of writing books which failed btw.
He was angry at the movie industry for not accepting his books and making a movie out of them, so he created a youtube channel trashing movies that aren't masculine like his failed books:rofl:

These people are adults, incredible.

That Shapiro guy is a complete idiot, he used to make valid points sometimes but his voice irritates me when he debates people by speaking really fast pretending he is intelligent.
It's called the gish gallop technique you overwhelm your opponent with arguments so they can't react to everything you say.
His arguments may sound reasonable but if you have time to put his statements under the microscope you realize he is either providing half truths or false statisticss.
There is another annoying person from the Daily wire called Brett Cooper it's basically the female version of Shapire she even looks like shapiro:shipped:
Most of the Daily wire movies are f*cking awful, perhaps if they spend more time focusing on writing a good story more people would watch it, and they could actually earn money from the movies instead of wasting millions on them.

So if that’s refereed to me you still have no idea who tried to fight who you absolute muppet.
No, I did not mean you in particular, just a general vibe of the extreme 'left', which display quite the hostility and intolerance, while trying to appear 'inclusive', failing miserably.

I know there's no point in asking your opinion, because you're WUBAR - Woked Up Beyond All Recognition, to 'coin a phrase', and I do mean that in the most negative sense of that word. :spoil:

A fake that's what he is, I cannot stand his annoying voice idk if he's trying to sound drunk ...
He blasts movies all the time, I'd like to see him make a movie...
Yeah, he sounds like he's speaking with his teeth clenched in anger, but that's basically how he talks, if you see his live streams.
It's funny to me he irritates some.
He recommends some movies as well.
I understand that building a community based on 'hate' isn't that nice, but someone has to say those things, and he's obviously not alone, as the titles he blasts fail. People are not as dumb as they're assumed by the corporations.

The guy is a rich boy comes from a privilged background so his mommy and daddy paid all his bills while he sat at home trying to make a career out of writing books which failed btw.

Here comes a proletariat dislike of the rich(er) social class, very nice, getting closer to communism ideals.
You seem to be a fan, since you know so much. I just watched a couple dozen videos. You sure his money comes from his family, and not the very popular YouTube channels, with literally $100s of dollars per hour in 'gifts' and donations from agreeing fans?

There is another annoying person from the Daily wire called Brett Cooper it's basically the female version of Shapire she even looks like shapiro:shipped:
Ooh, I like her too, such a nice girl, makes me believe in humanity, that not everyone is a drone. :woot:

Yeah, he sounds like he's speaking with his teeth clenched in anger, but that's basically how he talks, if you see his live streams.
It's funny to me he irritates some.
He recommends some movies as well.
I understand that building a community based on 'hate' isn't that nice, but someone has to say those things, and he's obviously not alone, as the titles he blasts fail. People are not as dumb as they're assumed by the corporations.
I watched his streams and interviews a while back to see if this guy does it on purpose or not, in his own videos he very much does it on purpose his regular speaking voice is not as annoying
He plays a character on his reviews and it anoys the hell out of me so I stopped watching his vids, instead I see Tyrone Magnus (youtuber) reacting to his vids

Here comes a proletariat dislike of the rich(er) social class, very nice, getting closer to communism ideals.
You seem to be a fan, since you know so much. I just watched a couple dozen videos. You sure his money comes from his family, and not the very popular YouTube channels, with literally $100s of dollars per hour in 'gifts' and donations from agreeing fans?

I stated he comes from a rich background his mommy and daddy paid his bills while he wanted to become a writer
after his books failed he decided to become a youtuber bashing movies and thats when the money started rolling in, and thats when people (because they were fans) bought his books.

Last edited:
No, I did not mean you in particular, just a general vibe of the extreme 'left', which display quite the hostility and intolerance, while trying to appear 'inclusive', failing miserably.

I know there's no point in asking your opinion, because you're WUBAR - Woked Up Beyond All Recognition, to 'coin a phrase', and I do mean that in the most negative sense of that word. :spoil:

I don’t know how the f**k you’re still allowed on this site. You’re an absolute creep who speaks about women in the most disgusting way possible. You made that clear by essentially saying well girls that dress that way get what they deserve. Tells me exactly who you are. And for your comments in nearly every thread I’ve seen members banned for far less. Especially considering you always bring politics into EVERYTHING

And you 100% did mean me you muppet. You know, one of those furry creatures like Kermit. Yeah a muppet, the least offensive thing I can think of that’s just a funny word... and also a fictional green frog!

Extreme left LOL. Again using woke as a negative. You’re an idiot pal. A true idiot. Clearly hates diversity, women and everything else that should progress positively in the world.

And again, you have no idea of the context of what anything I meant and the situations I’ve been in, in the real world and witnessed where girls (and guys) have been sexually abused, racially discriminated against or physically abused. You don’t understand how disgusting and serious those matters are because you’ve been alone your whole life and your the kind of person who would do those things. An utter scumbag

These people are adults, incredible.

Yeah this guy is something else. One of the funniest things I’ve read in a long time. Also just admit you bought the ticket lol

45B476D9-C51E-4681-827B-99170B54F1B1.jpeg

Well one benefit in recent weeks between stuff like this thread and stuff about certain footballers being released due to the UK's pitiful laws on prosecuting those that have committed acts of sexual violence, is that my block and ignore lists across the internet have never been bigger. Bigots can never help but seek attention and out themselves.

Reactions: vexred and Flloydo
A reminder folks, that no form of extremism is tolerated on this forum, from bigotry, to misoginy and everything in between.

I'd also like to remind you that insulting one another is not tolerated, if you have beef with one another, either put each other on the ignore lists, or take it to PM see if you can clear the air or ask a mod to look into the matter if need be.

The posts in question will remain for context.

As for sharing material that will trigger such divisive discussions, specially the type of content that falls into extremism as mentioned above, best to refrain from sharing them and further help spread their message.

Consider this a warning that should anything else similar happen again, the culprits will get a ban, temp or otherwise, depending on the severity of the matter.

I don’t know how the f**k you’re still allowed on this site.
Probably because it's allowed to make personal, abusive accusations, and curse against other members here.

But you wouldn’t understand because you are one of the biggest creeps on this site and someone who has probably never felt the love physically by another human being.

You’re an idiot pal. A true idiot.

you’ve been alone your whole life and your the kind of person who would do those things. An utter scumbag

I now know I can call @Flloydo an idiotic lonely creepy scumbag muppet any time I wish, and use curse words, got it.

You don't know my life, to be making such assumptions, probably never been beyond your city, yet you're spewing out derogatory remarks the second something isn't lining up with your limited view of the world.
All you extreme 'liberals' are the same, falling back on offensive generalized labels as your defense.

Probably because it's allowed to make personal, abusive accusations, and curse against other members here.

I now know I can call @Flloydo an idiotic lonely creepy scumbag muppet any time I wish, and use curse words, got it.
Yeah man call me that whenever you want. Put it in your tag line on your profile if you want so that everytime you post everyone that hasn’t already blocked you can see every single time. I won’t be offended by that at all.

However, I know enough people on here that are aware it isn’t true and enough people on here that know what I said about you is probably 95% true and I stand by what I said. You’re a bigot and misogynistic. Simple as
You don't know my life, to be making such assumptions, probably never been beyond your city, yet you're spewing out derogatory remarks the second something isn't lining up with your limited view of the world.
All you extreme 'liberals' are the same, falling back on offensive generalized labels as your defense.
You’re right. I’ve not even stepped out side my door. Every time I see what people have referred to aeroplanes?? I get confused because it looks like some kind of metal dragon.

What is grass?

Reactions: tommyh84
A reminder folks, that no form of extremism is tolerated on this forum, from bigotry, to misoginy and everything in between.

I'd also like to remind you that insulting one another is not tolerated, if you have beef with one another, either put each other on the ignore lists, or take it to PM see if you can clear the air or ask a mod to look into the matter if need be.

The posts in question will remain for context.

As for sharing material that will trigger such divisive discussions, specially the type of content that falls into extremism as mentioned above, best to refrain from sharing them and further help spread their message.

Consider this a warning that should anything else similar happen again, the culprits will get a ban, temp or otherwise, depending on the severity of the matter.
We may not see eye to eye anymore. For reasons we don’t need to go in to. But I do thank you for this message

I may of gone a bit far by calling someone an idiot (which is still ridiculous and no where near bullying. Not muppet tho, in the U.K. we are literally calling someone a muppet as the least offensive thing possible because it sounds funny and based on those furry fictional creatures with funny voices) Even though I still stand by everything I said.

But I’ve been banned in the past for literally saying Titans of Cult are awful. Or I can’t wait to see how poor their new packaging is or whatever. For apparently being negative in any thread when everyone else in those threads ate just as negative about the same issues I speak about. However this guy can say all this sh!t about women and cultures and politics and zero happens.

When I’ve been picked out for the silliest things in the past like as I stated being as negative as anyone else on this site about a poor finish, packaging, re release etc etc etc (I use ToC as an example above because it’s seems quite unified round here that we don’t like their designs and packages the majority of the time). Whereas what he’s bringing to this discussion is absolutely disgusting. I just want to say that. And that is all.

So yeah thanks for stepping in and posting that message because it’s far more sensible than anything he’s bringing to this chat.

This film may not be everyone’s cup of tea. That’s fine. You might not like the actors, the comedy, the in your face sets etc but to completely miss the point of the story of this film and to say those things is just so weird. Even more so when they’ve not actually watched the film and just watched a bunch of misogynistic bigots on YouTube. It’s so strange

As a bloke why would I even want to got to see this movie?. It's about Barbie. It's a 100% girl thing..... It's like romcoms I avoid them like the plague.... If there are issues with the film, surely that's for it's target audience to decide?

@Flloydo I've been away from the forum for 8 months - apart from a couple of times where I was asked if I could help open a GB on time and another to announce winners for a giveaway - and only started visiting again for the past 10 days or so, so I'm not sure which posts you're referring to re: ToC or others etc... but I can say that no mod would ever ban someone from the forum simply for saying they don't like this or that. There must have been something else.

I know what muppets are but consider that not all the members are from UK and that there are certain words that may seem inoffensive to you but can be taken another way by someone from a different culture and so on. Just mentioning that as an example since you brought it up.

As for seeing eye to eye, I'm taller so that might explain that. :p

Joking aside, feel free to PM regarding all the above.

Reactions: vexred and Flloydo
As a bloke why would I even want to got to see this movie?. It's about Barbie. It's a 100% girl thing..... It's like romcoms I avoid them like the plague.... If there are issues with the film, surely that's for it's target audience to decide?

You're missing out on so many good films, including this one :(

I've seen both parts of Barbenheimer since Friday and it's Barbie that's the one I want to see again ASAP. I'd even go in my own to see it again (went with my daughter Friday night)

It's SUBLIME ;)

Reactions: Flloydo