USA
Release date: August 29, 2017
Price: $19.99
Purchase link: from Target.com

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 4.34.58 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch that hurts. Lucky USA!

Best Buy exclusive in Canada is $32.99.

That price really stinks (n) The real advantage is still that you can pre order while here we cant. Target is not known for having sufficient stock so in store exclusives tend to disappear pretty fast.

That price really stinks (n) The real advantage is still that you can pre order while here we cant. Target is not known for having sufficient stock so in store exclusives tend to disappear pretty fast.

Yes that is quite the opposite of Best Buy Canada. We can pre-order from them until it sells out (which this has quite a while ago) but they don't really release any copies in store any more.

Come release day, if the stores do receive copies, they will receive perhaps a maximum of 2 copies each.

For Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, none of the Best Buy stores received copies of the steelbook.
It was an online pre-order only which of course sold out long ago.

It was an expensive day for a very crappy day of steelbooks, this was by far the best I bought today as both baywatch and lion king were very underwhelming

Does anyone know what the finish on this is? We're actually getting it in Australia too, but I'd like to know if this is going to be like a Killing Joke deal where the Steelbook has a different finish in different regions.

Does anyone know what the finish on this is? We're actually getting it in Australia too, but I'd like to know if this is going to be like a Killing Joke deal where the Steelbook has a different finish in different regions.
Super glossy, really nice. No embossing.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Futurhythm
It was an expensive day for a very crappy day of steelbooks, this was by far the best I bought today as both baywatch and lion king were very underwhelming
Wasn't happy that Baywatch turned out to not be a steelbook, but at least it's not a MetalPak.

From this unboxing the Target steelbook appears to be full gloss:-
upload_2017-8-30_2-53-15.png
upload_2017-8-30_2-55-1.png
upload_2017-8-30_2-56-34.png

The Euro/Asia/Australia. release is a zero finish and doesn't look any the worse for it (imo).

UK steel for example:-
DIaMPWgUQAEMlwG.jpg:large

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Futurhythm
I popped down to the shops during my lunch break to take a look. I'm not a Gloss Fiend™, but I really think this is one that needs the gloss. Gonna see if I can get my hands on one of these US ones instead.

nice that it appears full gloss, but I always bad luck when it comes to gloss American steelbooks...usually get ones full of scratches and paint chips
I've personally found the quality control on these Target DC Steelbooks to be pretty terrible as well which doesn't help. I imagine they're shipped to the packing plant in a sack or something.

I've personally found the quality control on these Target DC Steelbooks to be pretty terrible as well which doesn't help. I imagine they're shipped to the packing plant in a sack or something.

Luckily for me a lot of the steelbooks have been black, or mostly black in parts where the scratches are...so managed hide them using a sharpie.

The worst steelbook I had was the Back to the Future Trilogy which was dented to hell...though no scratches lol

Watched this the other night, have to say it was a weird one...

It had the look and art design of Batman the animated series but the tone was Batman 1966 all over. Definatley the weirdest DC animated film ive ever seen.

The funniest part for me was:
Where Harley quinn farts in the batmobile, Nightwing and Batman's reaction was priceless lol