Beauty and the Beast (2017) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #79) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 16, 2017
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 799 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

19059128_1404621412988164_2730282623651977053_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems FA will release this FAC using USA Steelbook artwork with title on spine...can someone confirm please?

The Best Buy exclusive steelbook is only meant for North American (USA and Canada) release. Why would FAC use a North American release for their own release? Of course they will be using the International edition of the steelbook if they want a WWA. Logical, right?

Obviously, whoever made the mock-up made a mistake.

The Best Buy exclusive steelbook is only meant for North American (USA and Canada) release. Why would FAC use a North American release for their own release? Of course they will be using the International edition of the steelbook if they want a WWA. Logical, right?

Obviously, whoever made the mock-up made a mistake.
Filmarena have used UK Zavvi mock up photo

Going by so far shown on European websites mock up photos the European Steelbook has usual photos on the spine and no title

USA and UK have title on the spine
UK Disney Steelbooks are separate releases from European releases

If European release does have as usual spine with photos instead of title that is what will be released in Czech Republic

Filmarena have used UK Zavvi mock up photo

Going by so far shown on European websites mock up photos the European Steelbook has usual photos on the spine and no title

USA and UK have title on the spine
UK Disney Steelbooks are separate releases from European releases

If European release does have as usual spine with photos instead of title that is what will be released in Czech Republic

Most likely FAC has used the Zavvi photo.

Usually, Scanavo will indicate how many versions are being released worldwide.

Amazon Italy have this mock up if correct is what will be released in Czech Republic
9169aifMjyL._SL1500_.jpg

I suspect the european steelbook will as expected photos on the spine but it won't be known for sure until someone has in hand

USA Best Buy and Zavvi UK steelbook both 100% have title on the spine

You cant be serious! You're gonna have to pay almost twice as much to import. Does it really look like it's worth that kind of price to you?

You can't compare a Bare Steel to a Premium Edition. If this is enough for you just the steel than I agree with you why pay more ? But if you want all the Extra that the Package offers then the added Price Tag may be worth it. I Personally didn't like the movie there was too much singing(or maybe it was my time of the month :p ) ..but I will cancel my Zavvi and go with FAC the Package looks so Lush :drool: ...and BB Exclusive does not have the 3D Disk :blackeye:

• Thanks
Reactions: dchamp444 and Dano
You cant be serious! You're gonna have to pay almost twice as much to import. Does it really look like it's worth that kind of price to you?

Yes, it is worth it to me. I am not a fan of bare steelbooks these days as much. I love the premium packages, and when it comes in a package like this, it's definitely worth it to import.

You can't compare a Bare Steel to a Premium Edition.
I agree, however you can compare when ...
  1. It's almost the same WWA steelbook inside. (minus the finish i think?)
  2. Their lenticulars are "flat". Even some of our regular Amaray slipcover lentis are better than their "premium" lenticular. Everything else (booklet, special card, character card), in my opinion, is not of the highest quality i'd expect from a premium retailer. To me it looks like they are going for quantity over quality.
The best part of this release will probably be the slipbox. But that's of course is up to each of us to make a decision whether our money is worth spending for that. :)

Yes, it is worth it to me. I am not a fan of bare steelbooks these days as much. I love the premium packages, and when it comes in a package like this, it's definitely worth it to import.
Then i have no doubt you'll enjoy this package. :thumbs: My only wish is that you also get to see other premium packages around the world :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
I wonder if Kimchi will do a WWA package for this..but we are still for their WWA exclusives for Dr Strange, Rogue One & Moana so might be awhile for B&B

I wonder if Kimchi will do a WWA package for this..but we are still for their WWA exclusives for Dr Strange, Rogue One & Moana so might be awhile for B&B

If they do they be losing business, as they will be taking too long.

We have blufans WEA and FA WWA. That's me done. If kimchi come down later, good for them but a bit late unless you have the kimchi completionist or those that just wanted to wait out anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: MrsRobinson
I agree, however you can compare when ...
  1. It's almost the same WWA steelbook inside. (minus the finish i think?)
  2. Their lenticulars are "flat". Even some of our regular Amaray slipcover lentis are better than their "premium" lenticular. Everything else (booklet, special card, character card), in my opinion, is not of the highest quality i'd expect from a premium retailer. To me it looks like they are going for quantity over quality.
The best part of this release will probably be the slipbox. But that's of course is up to each of us to make a decision whether our money is worth spending for that. :)

Then i have no doubt you'll enjoy this package. :thumbs: My only wish is that you also get to see other premium packages around the world :)

To me it looks like the Regular Format FAC as they have the flip/Flop Lenti(and I agree with you we do get some great lenti on our regular amarays), there is 6 Special Cards, Character Cards and the Booklet(and this time it is a binding one not a staple one) so it appears all quality Items(but we will only see in hands). Great Package everything seems to flow nicely together. There is no way I am getting a BB edition with their bad quality Control plus no 3D for BestBuy. Zavvi has the 3D but coming close to 50$ for the steel I prefer buying it coming with the FAC I don't mind the No Title On Spine. Funny Enough I did not like the movie, but the visual is simply superb I will go for one... I haven't heard any other retailer doing a Premium of this title, so I will take my Chances.

@AlienKing - Actarus is a loyal FA collector. A a loyal collector Actarus is used to the slips, goodies, and treatment that Filmarena has to offer. Of course this release or FA is not going to be everyone's cup of tea. There will never be a release where everyone's going to be entirely happy. But from Actarus' experience with FA, and his love for them, he is happy to support FA and don't mind the odd hiccups here and there and happy to add this to his large line up of FA collection.

If I'm wrong @Actarus just slap me :rofl:

@AlienKing - Actarus is a loyal FA collector. A a loyal collector Actarus is used to the slips, goodies, and treatment that Filmarena has to offer. Of course this release or FA is not going to be everyone's cup of tea. There will never be a release where everyone's going to be entirely happy. But from Actarus' experience with FA, and his love for them, he is happy to support FA and don't mind the odd hiccups here and there and happy to add this to his large line up of FA collection.

If I'm wrong @Actarus just slap me :rofl:

I do pick and chose as I have to now be careful with my Budget. I will Pass on LIFE,
there was no Character Development, The movie started very sharp no build up really and I could care less who got killed first. All Characters were forgettable. You wanted me to be negative so here it is :p
Some FAC Releases are better than others, but I still think they put out Quality Premium Editions with WWA Steelbook, The Package for LIFE is really nice but even though I do pick up packages at times even though I didn't like the movie due to how beautiful a package can be, this is an easy Pass for me.

True I am used to FA since I have been collecting them since the beginning, they have had some bumps in the road but for this package even though I was not crazy about the movie yet again another beautiful Package. It could have been my mood (not crazy on Full On Musicals) but a beautiful Package it is worthy of Collecting :thumbs:

Oh I forgot there was the Blufans for this to come out :dunno:

@Actarus, and judging by the thumbs up I got it right and don't need the slap? lol :rofl: :p

I can relate to you exactly how I relate to UK Marvels. I had all the premium marvels, all the rare ones. They just didn't appeal to me. Sure of course I am not saying the fancy lenti, the nice slip, isn't better. You expect them to be better.

But I'm one of the minority that sold them all, got rid of nearly all of them and happy just to have UK releases. I rather just have them from a local retailer and keeps it simple, rather than diving in to different retailers that make different size slips covers, different lenti's, goodies, numbering cards etc, not all the marvels have been released and holes in the collection. Over all I consider it a complete mess.

One premium retailer needs to release them all, or don't bother. That's my opinion and don't care what anyone thinks either.

So easy problem from me, just get rid of them and stick with the cheap UK steels. Easy for me to order, much cheaper, I get to watch the movie first instead of waiting months, and don't have to worry about a specific retailer releasing another marvel movie to keep up with the previous releases.

All that matters is what appeals to you :p
@matthewtheunicorn - a O-Ring Nut :D
@lgans316 - a collector that cares nothing more than how much steels are fetching on auction :rofl: (each to their own :thumbs: lol)
@Sigill - a man who is as fussy and OCD with steels is as my wife is with shoes and handbags :rolleyes: :emb: :p
@mnementh - the Disney man that owns every single Disney release (except one? By choice :p)
@paulboland - that opens every single steel, owns no duplicates and hate resellers!!!
@blu-steel - on the otherside Todd! The largest ebay seller who has tons of duplicate steels and probably holds the biggest steelbook collection worldwide. If you say please and he is in a good mood then he may help you get what you want!!:joy:
@zoneism - that doesn't open any of his steels!! (Where is he?:confused:)
@myself that thinks the marvel premium releases are a complete mess :LOL:

I can go on and on but it just shows how everyone's different, you don't need to justify to anyone your collecting habits.

All that matters is that you enjoy it :joy: ;)

Last edited: