Beauty and the Beast (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #30) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 15th, 2014
Purchase link: Beauty and the Beast 3D (sold-out)
Price: £20.99

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10999702-1411132958-202737.jpg
10999702-1411132958-202778.jpg
10999702-1411132958-202839.jpg
10999702-1411132958-202847.jpg
10999702-1411132958-202855.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks very nice! Great artwork choice. I've been very happy with all these Disney Steels... Zavvi has done a really good job with them, I hope we get more.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Hey guys, this will be live this weekend http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/beauty...llection-30-includes-2d-version/10999702.html.

In response to the positivity about the present set of Steels in the Disney Collection and and the many questions about whether there 'ever' would be more, we've been told by Zavvi that"We know that there are many more fantastic Disney Classics that many collectors would love to add to their collection as Steelbooks. All we can say is keep an eye out in 2015"

So basically this is the LAST Disney Steelbook of 2014.

Ok looking steel... very easy guess as it's the same as the US blu-ray cover and slip. I think Zavvi tried, but could have done better. The Futureshop/BB NA version easily wins again. That being said, I'm still going to buy it.

Best news today
Will be watching this all day to go live
Pity it is so much the same as the original UK and US slips. Oh well triple dip time with my favourite Animated film

I guess the sparkle effect on the slips wont happen but i have very high hopes for this

I really do see this steelbook series becoming a serious collectors item in years to come. I can't think of any other film series that has had such a superb run on steelbooks.

Artwork for the front is what everyone expected for it, and backside is also pretty nice. I will probably get this one as the movie is pretty good. I just hope they don't do any silly embossings on this one.

You mean like having every single glass pane in the background embossed individually? :po_O:LOL:
Or having only half the title embossed. ;)

In response to the positivity about the present set of Steels in the Disney Collection and and the many questions about whether there 'ever' would be more, we've been told by Zavvi that"We know that there are many more fantastic Disney Classics that many collectors would love to add to their collection as Steelbooks. All we can say is keep an eye out in 2015"

I hope they would give this Disney collection a rest now, and focus on Pixar collection instead.

Reactions: steel888
Or having only half the title embossed. ;)

In regards to this comment about Pocahontas - The title HAS to be half embossed for this particular style of em/debossing.
Her hair flows outside of the border, which is embossed so if you were to have the whole title embossed her hair would have to be debossed up until it met the border.
THAT would be a mess.