Best Concert Films?

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
lastwaltz.jpg

Loved Supersonic (so much so that I made my own lenti slip) basically building up to my 23rd birthday which I do not remember hugely as people kept handing me illicit substances :hilarious:
Not sure if I'll ever watch it again dry eyed after my best buddy who I went with died though :(

Coheed & Cambria - Neverender. 4 nights in New York back to back, playing all four of their albums up to that point. Brilliant.
(Maybe slightly biased because I was there.)

Also love Through the Never from Metallica. The "movie portion" is a bit naff but the concert film itself is fantastic! I remember seeing it in 3D IMAX in Dublin & nearly being blown out of my seat it was so loud!

John Martyn - Live at the Shaw Theatre - Not the best of this particular tour ,but the only one recorded, and featurnig a Dave Gilmour guets spot. For anyone new to the sheer genius of Big John, this isn't a bad place to start film-wise.

The Song Remains The Same - Led Zeppelin - Jimmy Page and the neon bow :)

The Yes Film - only rarely seen at the cinema and never commercially released in any format. It features the classic Yes lineup: Anderson, Squire, Howe, Wakeman and Bruford from 1972 if memory serves. I have never seen or heard of it for many years - maybe lost and consigned to history?