Sep 23, 2011
Reunion Island
Release date: July 06, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥ 4,000

81T9KZb6rRL._SY679_.jpg

71omDDyYhvL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering if Sony made a 4K master of this great movie, and this Japanese edition is the first clue of its arrival worldwide...

As long as Google Translate helps, a lot of people are complaining about the decision to include the extended cut on DVD only, and not on Blu-ray.
Seems like this edition is a repackage and not a proper remaster...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: nefilim
Collector's box set release of the film "Black Hawk Down." Contains a Blu-ray with the theatrical version of the film (145 min.), a DVD with the extended version of the film (152 min.), and two bonus discs featuring making-of, image & design collection, unreleased scenes, documentaries, Q&A contents, promotional videos, and more. *The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and no subtitles are included.

I need help!

I always thought that Black Hawk Down, wasn't released in it's extended cut on blu ray.
But it turns out Japan (as always), issues the best releases. And apparently also BHD in it's extended cut!

But! It seems like there's three different versions

But after looking at CDJapan and Amazon.co.jp it seems there's only one. But does anyone know if there's these three versions out there, and whats the difference?

And also, it's supposedly region A, but a listing on eBay states region free. Can anyone clarify this? Does any own this set?

Cheers!

I need help!

I always thought that Black Hawk Down, wasn't released in it's extended cut on blu ray.
But it turns out Japan (as always), issues the best releases. And apparently also BHD in it's extended cut!

But! It seems like there's three different versions

But after looking at CDJapan and Amazon.co.jp it seems there's only one. But does anyone know if there's these three versions out there, and whats the difference?

And also, it's supposedly region A, but a listing on eBay states region free. Can anyone clarify this? Does any own this set?

Cheers!
There's an existing topic here:
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...over-collectors-box-japan.76307/#post-1703148

Unfortunately, the extended cut is a DVD only feature.
The extended cut in HD would come only with the new 4K remaster IMHO.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles