BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Release date; December 4, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £49.99

91YsoI1lmbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On Blu-ray for the FIRST TIME plus All New Extras!!

The Blackadder
Starring Rowan Atkinson as Edmund Duke Of Edinburgh with Tony Robinson as Baldrick, Brian Blessed as King Richard IV, Tim McInnerny as Percy, Elspet Gray as the Queen and Robert East as Prince Harry WITH Peter Cook as Richard III, Miriam Margolyes as Princess Maria, Rik Mayall as Mad Gerald. Music by Howard Goodall, Directed by Martin Shardlow, Produced by John Lloyd.

Blackadder II
Starring Rowan Atkinson as Lord Blackadder with Tony Robinson as Baldrick, Tim McInnerny as Lord Percy, Miranda Richardson as Queenie, Stephen Fry as Lord Melchett and Patsy Byrne as Nursie WITH Rik Mayall as Flashheart, Tom Baker as Captain Rum, Ronald Lacey as the Bishop, Miriam Margolyes as Lady Whiteadder, Hugh Laurie as Ludwig. Music by Howard Goodall, Directed by Mandie Fletcher, Produced by John Lloyd.

Blackadder The Third
Starring Rowan Atkinson as Edmund Blackadder with Tony Robinson as Baldrick, Hugh Laurie as The Prince Regent and Helen Atkinson-Wood as Mrs Miggins WITH Robbie Coltrane as Dr Samuel Johnson, Chris Barrie as a French revolutionary, Stephen Fry as the Duke of Wellington. Music by Howard Goodall, Directed by Mandie Fletcher, Produced by John Lloyd.

Blackadder Goes Forth
Starring Rowan Atkinson as Capt. Edmund Blackadder, Tony Robinson as Pte. S Baldrick, Stephen Fry as Gen. Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett, Hugh Laurie as Lt. The Hon George Colthurst St. Barleigh , Tim McInnerny as Capt. Kevin Darling. WITH Rik Mayall as Squadron Commander Lord Flasheart, Adrian Edmondson as Baron von Richthoven, Miranda Richardson as Nurse Mary, Geoffrey Palmer as Field Marshal Dougie Haig. Music by Howard Goodall, Directed by Richard Boden, Produced by John Lloyd.

Blackadder The Specials:
Blackadder's Christmas Carol
Starring Rowan Atkinson as Sir Edmund Blackadder and Tony Robinson as Baldrick WITH Stephen Fry as King Charles I, Warren Clarke as Oliver Cromwell. Music by Howard Goodall, Directed by Mandie Fletcher, Produced by John Lloyd.
The Cavalier Years
Starring Rowan Atkinson as Sir Edmund Blackadder and Tony Robinson as Baldrick WITH Stephen Fry as King Charles I, Warren Clarke as Oliver Cromwell. Music by Howard Goodall, Directed by Mandie Fletcher, Produced by John Lloyd.
Blackadder Rides Again
an hour documentary produced to mark the 25th anniversary with filming locations in Northumberland, Cheltenham and California. Narrated by John Sergeant, Directed & Produced by Matt O'Casey.

These episodes have been restored and remastered using the existing film where available, with any standard definition content upscaled during the process.
The special features in this release are a mixture of standard and high definition. Due to the age of the original materials, the technical quality of the extras may vary in places.

• Informative
Reactions: Billy Talent
I guess this news makes some happy ?! I never got into this series for some reason ...

Oh this one's pretty! Thanks, preordered. Absolute classics. My favorite is the shakesperean era.

Already preordered a couple weeks ago!
Wondered why there's no thread here.
Didn't bother to create one...

It's a shame that Back and Forth isn't included (at least from all the descriptions I can see). I know it wasn't great but I have fond memories of it.

Extras

1. First the first-time ever on a home release... the full unedited version of Blackadder's Christmas Carol

2. 6 new audio commentaries including... Director Richard Boden, Director Mandie Fletcher, Producer John Lloyd, Editor Chris Wadsworth, Brian Blessed and Miranda Richardson

3. Over an hour of previously unseen film rushes from the 1st series - raw and in HD for the first time

4. Behind the scenes cine footage from the 1st series

5. Raw film rushes from the 2nd series

6. The raw materials from the original closing sequence to the 4th series, with context provided from editor Chris Wadsworth

7. 6 hours of previously unreleased raw studio recordings from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th series plus Comic Relief special..

8. An extensive photo gallery featuring the original musical score from across all series

9. An extensive montage of rare BBC TV promotional materials thanks to @pipmadeley for his help with that!

10. And in HD for the very first time, the millennium special 'Back And Forth'. It took a long time to locate the original 35mm negatives, but after many, many searches I was delighted to finally locate them and it looks utterly stunning!

11. PLUS the option to watch B&F 'with' or 'without' a laughter track! So you can choose.

12. Finally... Ye Olde Cunning Clip Compendium - a massive 90 minute selection of rare archive treats