Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #101) [Czech Republic]

Which embossing/debossing option would you prefer?

• Option 1

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Option 2

Votes: 117 65.7%
  • Option 3

Votes: 34 19.1%

• Total voters

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 11, 2018 (E5A - E5B), June 18 (E1), June 14 (E2), June 18 (E3), July 25 (E4)
Purchase links: E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 (pre-order May 2018) Standard Editions E5 A - E5 B
Price: CZK 999 (E1) - 1299 (E2) - 1399 (E3) - 4999 (E4) - 1099 (E5A ) - 699 (E5B)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 - E5 A - E5 B

28947206_1764755426974759_5224190212866439340_o.jpg28827667_1764756050308030_2413600933607394224_o.jpg29060794_1764756256974676_5301066082499299133_o.jpg29541486_1764755790308056_486585958772673943_n.jpg
23800132_1586734754776828_1887448297212077684_o.jpg

New:
28471535_1728857307231238_6213471202191285313_n.jpg
Old:
23737984_1586736664776637_835770909318998914_o.jpg
Release date: February 7, 2018 - FAC TBA
Purchase link: E5 A (4K+3D+2D) - E5 B (3D+2D) - FAC E1/E2/E3/E4 TBA
Prices: CZK 1099 (E5 A) - CZK 699 (E5 B) - FAC E1/E2/E3/E4 TBA
Group Buy: E5 A (CZK 1254.00) - E5 B (CZK 798.00)
Option 1 - Option 2 - Option 3
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Wow! Bummer.

So all GB buyer have to be refunded? Or do they just mean they won't be releasing a FAC edition with slipcover, lenti magnet, cards etc......?

Dam that a shame I was really looking forward to this

Film Arena though should not have taken pre orders for E5A and E5B without this been a 100% release
They still have it listed on their website for pre orders at the moment that should be removed

Jan posted this on Facebook translation into english not the best it's something to do with absence of a Czech dubbing in 3 D

Filmarenafans Facebook Post
24177143_1999845903365287_3073477745946135845_n.jpg
Original post in Czech
Vážení sběratelé,

dovolte, abych Vás informoval, že jsme k dnešnímu ukončili práce na exkluzívním projektu BLADE RUNNER 2049.

Minulý týden jsem při závěrečném prověřování všech konfigurací přišel na absenci českého dabingu u 3D verze. Vše se zdálo být pouze kosmetickým problémem, protože obvykle u silných titulů český dabing na žádné verzi nechybí. Za silný považujeme i tento. Byl jsem slovně ubezpečován distribucí, že o nic nejde, že tam dabing nakonec určitě bude. Zbýval týden na to, aby někdo z distribuce vzal odpovědnost na sebe a zaručil nám, že konfigurace bude maximální. Času dost. Nestalo se. Včerejší den jsme měli nastaven jako uzávěrku a ani do dnešního poledne se i přes další sliby nepodařilo získat písemnou záruku. Rozhodl jsem se tedy v dalších pracích nepokračovat a data na výrobu exkluzívního steelbooku BR2049 výrobci neposlat.

Pokud se zajímáte o to, čí to byla vina, může za to lidský faktor. O jazykovou podporu se stará label manažer příslušného studia a pokud si nesplní své základní povinnosti a nehlídá osazování master disků, budou se tyto chyby bohužel opakovat. Co je horší, tak často se to pak bude svádět na studio.

Já jsem mohl říci, dobrá, i tak pokračujeme. Ale dělat už to nechci a nebudu. Protože při takovémto prémiovém projektu si zasloužíme nejen my jako partner, který vše připravil a distributorovi naservíroval na stříbrném podnosu, ale také vy jako naši zákazníci, aby vše bylo jak má. Mohou se stát drobné chyby, jsme jen lidé, i my je děláme. Tyto chyby ale tolerovat není možné. I když někteří řeknou, že by jim to nevadilo nebo že část várky jde stejně na export, kde to nikdo řešit nebude, jsou to rovněž pravdivé výroky. Pro část našich zákazníků ano. Pro další část ovšem ne. A o ty nám také jde. Jednou tento projekt pro svět dělají Češi či Čechoslováci a sami sobě celý krajíc neuříznou, protože se mají spokojit jen s půlkou? Neakceptovatelné.

Rezervovanou kapacitu výrobní linky využijeme, do výroby pošleme exkluzívní steelbook VÁLKA O PLANETU OPIC, který nahradí BLADE RUNNERA 2049, který v původním plánu nebyl. Veliký úspěch nového BLADE RUNNERA nás ovšem přiměl udělat maximum, abychom ho zkusili získat v exkluzívní podobě do FAC. Téměř to vyšlo.

Zda-li nakonec u 3Dčka čeština bude, na to vám v tuto chvíli neodpovím. Je možné, že díky pokrácenému odběru kvůli zrušeným FAC edicím se možná bude na dabing dosahovat ještě hůře. Je ale také možné, že se to nyní bude hodně řešit z Prahy přes Londýn až do L.A. a že právě díky negativnímu výsledku tohoto projektu tým v L.A. schválí úpravu master disku. Neví to v tuto chvíli nikdo.

V předstihu jsme pro naše zákazníky objednali oba generic steelbooky BLADE RUNNER 2049 (TEASER VERZE a MONDO VERZE). Oba by nakonec měly vyjít v dvoudiskové konfigurace 3D + 2D. FAC edice ovšem chystat na tyto generic steelbooky nebudeme.

Chtěl jsem, abyste věděli, co se stalo a proč jsem se tak rozhodl. Bez okolků a pravdivě..

Děkuji za pochopení a přeji fajn víkend.

HC

Facebook English Translation
Dear Collectors,

Allow me to inform you that we have completed the work of the Blade Runner 2049.

Last week, in the final screening of all configurations, I found the absence of a Czech dubbing in 3 D. All seemed to be a cosmetic problem, because usually in the Czech's strong titles, no version was missing. We consider this one to be strong. I've been verbally ubezpečován by distribution, it's no big deal that dubbing's gonna be there in the end. One week left for someone from distribution to take responsibility and guarantee that the configuration would be maximum. Time enough. It didn't happen. Yesterday's day was set as a deadline, and even until noon today, despite other promises, we failed to obtain a written guarantee. Therefore, I have decided not to continue with further work and the data for the production of exclusive steelbooku producers.

If you're interested in whose fault it was, it's the human factor. Language support is an old label of the relevant studio, and if it does not fulfil its basic duties and does not control the master's master discs, these mistakes will unfortunately be repeated. What's worse, it's a lot of time for the studio.

I could say, okay, we're still on. But I don't want to do it anymore and I won't. Because in such a premium project, we deserve not only us as a partner who has served everything to the distributor on a silver platter, but also you, as our customers, to make everything possible. There may be little mistakes, we're just people, we're doing them. But these mistakes can't be tolerated. Even if some say that they wouldn't mind, or that part of the batch goes to export, where no one can deal with it, they are also true statements. For some of our customers, yes. Not for the next part. And that's what we're after. One day, this project for the world does the czechs or the czechoslovaks and the whole slice of off, because they are to be satisfied with only half? Unacceptable.

We will use the capacity of the production line, we will send an exclusive steelbook war on planet of the apes to replace blade runner 2049 that was not in the original plan. But the great success of the new blade runner has made us do our best to try to get it in an exclusive form to fac. It almost worked.

If in the end of 3 Dčka Czech will be, I will not answer that at this time. It is possible that due to the pokrácenému collection due to annulled fac edicím, it may be even worse on dubbing. However, it is also possible that this is going to be a lot to deal with from Prague through London to Los Angeles, and that, thanks to the negative outcome of this project, the team in L.A. will approve the Nobody knows at this time.

In advance we've ordered our customers both generic Steelbooky Blade Runner 2049 (teaser version and mondo version). They should both end up in the dvoudiskové configuration of 3 D + 2 D. However, the fac edition will not be prepared for these generic steelbooky.

I wanted you to know what happened and why I decided. Without Ado and truthfully..

Thank you for understanding and have a good weekend.

HC

With all those general problems signing artworks off with the major studios, a mere dub track causes this steelbook release to be cancelled? Yeah. Bummer. :facepalm:

FA have had many WEA projects that have taken a very long time to be finished, so I don't understand FA's impatience about an issue and waiting for it to be resolved.

It seems the issue is only regarding the 3D Disk. As a collector, I would have preferred this project to be released with the '' absence of the 3D Disk as a compromise ''
as the WEA Steelbook is more important in this situation for this release.

Last edited:
I think a lot of collectors need to be heading over to HMM pretty damn smarting, can' see their one hanging around too long now.

I might be getting this wrong, and due to the translation being a little bit sketchy, but it seems to me that FA have thrown their toys out of their pram on this one.

I mean, it's a bit of a cheek saying that the delays in getting the dubbing track or whatever caused them to cancel...... look at the amount of releases they've announced and never to see the light of day!

Like @BluSteel2012 said, looks like they are cutting their nose off to spite their face on this one... this could actually damage their reputation with the studios now.

Silly move if you ask me

As others said before this decision is also not comprehensible for me. Not for that reason (if this is true). And i wanted this so much. I was full of anticipation about the possible slips :(...lets hope someone will offer a premium release.

Last edited:
It´s more about a principle in this case. Main reason of cancellation is "sloppy" effort by people (actually Jan point it out only one person responsible - "label manager") from relevant studio who are responsible for "mastering?" the 3D disc.

He said it´s a "strong" big project and they had it prepared for the studio on "silver plate" with maximum effort from FA´s side, so they wanted and expected the same effort from distributor as well.

As long as some other retailer will use the same artwork for steelbook, I don´t mind this cancellation much. It´s a big title, Im pretty sure somebody will pick this artwork up.

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
Can someone explain "little man syndrome" please, just so that I'm sure on my assumptions?
Little man syndrome is where a short guy is an angry person most of the time, and acts in an abusive behaviour to make himself look like a man. Basically trying to be bigger than they are because they are short and feel threatened

• Thanks
Reactions: Starling