paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 21, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Capelight
Price: £34.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV) - €37.95 (Capelight UK edition)

71pC6WsrBmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i watched bloodsport when i was 10 years old (in 1996) and still love the movie. it's one of my favorites.

all old jcvd / seagal / stallone / schwarzenegger are still awesome!!!

wrong...
watched fire down below again yesterday and it still a good action movie.

above the law
under siege
hard to kill
marked for death
exit wounds
fire down below
on deadly ground
the patriot

all of them are classic and great action movies.
8a0ea5d968e0337a64c57e28a8d14544.gif

i watched bloodsport when i was 10 years old (in 1996) and still love the movie. it's one of my favorites.

all old jcvd / seagal / stallone / schwarzenegger are still awesome!!!

wrong...
watched fire down below again yesterday and it still a good action movie.

above the law
under siege
hard to kill
marked for death
exit wounds
fire down below
on deadly ground
the patriot

all of them are classic and great action movies.
I think I consider Exit Wounds to be his last good movie. Also Not Seagal but Cradle 2 the grave is awesome too. Exit wounds is kind of it's spiritual successor. Van Damme I consider up to about In Hell for when he dropped off. Arnie I honestly don't dislike any, even his recent movies, he never fell into the straight to video trap just to pump out ****. Stallone likewise is still making some good movies.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I think I consider Exit Wounds to be his last good movie. Also Not Seagal but Cradle 2 the grave is awesome too. Exit wounds is kind of it's spiritual successor. Van Damme I consider up to about In Hell for when he dropped off. Arnie I honestly don't dislike any, even his recent movies, he never fell into the straight to video trap just to pump out ****. Stallone likewise is still making some good movies.
no van damme movie, but he was great in the expendables 2.
black water with lundgren was a decent movie.

the series "jean claude van johnson" (amazon) and the movie "the last mercenary" (netflix) were awesome!

no van damme movie, but he was great in the expendables 2.
black water with lundgren was a decent movie.

the series "jean claude van johnson" (amazon) and the movie "the last mercenary" (netflix) were awesome!
Yeah I love the expendables movies. Not watched the others.

I never liked any so called martial arts movies, even when I was little, or when it was a 'trend', and all those ninjas were considered cool, so Bloodsport is probably tacky, but everything else from 'early' JCVD and Seagal, up to, as correctly stated by @JinxyKatte, Exit Wounds, was good.
Exit Wounds I think was the last of his movies to be released in theaters.
I believe I've seen less movies starrung Van Damme, than Seagal.
I know today's 'internet culture' likes to trash and make fun of Seagal, and don't know how old @Stu123 is, but he seems to be a byproduct of that 'culture'. Seagal wasn't always fat, he was tall, and wasn't worse an athlete than Van Damme.
It's like saying in 2033 that Bruce Willis only had one good movie, looking at his 65 DTV crap titles.

I also like Dolph Lundgren's 80s and 90's films, Joshua Tree for example. :thumbs:

Reactions: Basil

I never liked any so called martial arts movies, even when I was little, or when it was a 'trend', and all those ninjas were considered cool, so Bloodsport is probably tacky, but everything else from 'early' JCVD and Seagal, up to, as correctly stated by @JinxyKatte, Exit Wounds, was good.
I know today's 'internet culture' likes to trash and make fun of Seagal, and don't know how old @Stu123 is, but he seems to be a byproduct of that 'culture'. Seagal wasn't always fat, he was tall, and wasn't worse an athlete than Van Damme.
It's like saying in 2033 that Bruce Willis only had one good movie, looking at his 65 DTV crap titles.

I also like Dolph Lundgren's 80s and 90's films, Joshua Tree for example. :thumbs:
There is also a very good reason Bruce Willis did that and it's honestly tragic.

I'm 46 and not making fun of Seagal, I simply only like one movie of his. I'd prefer to be called a person than a byproduct, I'm not the Blob.

• Haha
Reactions: Lenny Nero