Bollywood/Other Indian Films

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi all,

I am adding a thread, as we've had members discuss some movies here and there, that they would like to see get the Steelbook treatment. While 'Bollywood' is not the only type of film released in India (though sometimes this term is erroneously used to describe all cinema from that region), I thought we could have this thread for anyone who would like to make suggestions. Who knows-we may see more in future. Have fun!

DB

I could think of a few recent ones?.
Dil Chahta Hai (another Aamir Khan movie, that would make three out of three!)
Paan Singh Tomar (Irfan Khan is one of the best actors out there today, and would love to see his face on steel)
Gangs of Wasseypur (an amazing rustic movie - guns go with steel :))
Dev.D (neat adaptation of the old story)

Thanks DB for creating this thread.

I would sure like following titles receiving Steelbook Treatment. Though some of them are yet to receive Blu-ray treatment as well.

Mother India
Lagaan
Swades
Sholey
Awaara
Shree 420
Black Friday
Agneepath (1990)
Golmaal (1979)
Satya
Mughal-e-Azam
Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959)
Pushpak Vimana (1987)
Zanjeer (1973)

There are many others to list here, but many of them still are not released in Blu-ray format, keep aside Steelbook.

• Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja
I would love to see Ghajini and Mission Kashmir. Both great action films with the typical breaking out in song and dance in an action film. But they are AWESOME!!!

I would love to see Ghajini and Mission Kashmir. Both great action films with the typical breaking out in song and dance in an action film. But they are AWESOME!!!

Mate, if you like the Hindi Ghajini, you should see the original (Tamil) version, I've been told that is far superior :movie:

Golimaar and Pennin Manathai Thottu!

Both of them had dance excerpts that make great success here in Brazil. the first because of its similarity to MJ, and the second because there is a parody in which the subtitles have words that seemed like actual Portuguese being spoken in the dance clips (which of course it isn't) and it made a great success on Youtube!

Last edited:
  • Informative
I would like the following:

Sholay
Mughal-e azam
Devdas
Agneepath (1990)

and some other classics!
Ps, Bollywood is the Indian Film industry and Lollywood is the Pakistan film industry, although very non-existent apart from the odd film here and there!!

• Helpful Post
not a huge fan with all the dancing stuff. i enjoyed 3 idiots and this movie looking nuts, would get them i gues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would actually love Criterion to pick up Sholay or some of Bimal Roy classics, and have written to them many times, but they tend to think Satyajit Ray films are the only Indian films good enough for Criterion editions....

But while on steelbook, would love some of these:
Maqbool (basically all Vishal Bhardwaj films)
Omkara
Ishqiya
3 Idiots
Lagaan
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Shyam Benegal classics like Kalyug

• Informative
I would actually love Criterion to pick up Sholay or some of Bimal Roy classics, and have written to them many times, but they tend to think Satyajit Ray films are the only Indian films good enough for Criterion editions....

But while on steelbook, would love some of these:
Maqbool (basically all Vishal Bhardwaj films)
Omkara
Ishqiya
3 Idiots
Lagaan
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Shyam Benegal classics like Kalyug

Agree. Also Special 26 would also look great on steelbook :)

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 2

hi
seriously thinking of steelbook and future pack for some extend
gangs of wassepur 1+2+dvd collector edition ? steelbook or future pak how much quatity should produce
sarfarosh futurepak 500
andaj apna apna 3000 steelbook?
jane bhi do yaro blu ray transfer and how much quantity should produce.
kahani?
dirty picture
hum dil de chuke sanam
rangeela
3 idiot
and many more kindly suggest the titles
will consider with studio

So, this is really getting exciting and hopefully we will soon have some awesome Indian steelbooks in the market!
Actually, I believe, Steelbooks are as much about their visual appeal (the artwork, the style etc.) as they are about the films that they carry. So, Steelbooks may not necessarily carry the most classic or the most successful films ever, but they must carry the ones that have a grand visual canvas and films that appeal to generations! So, keeping this in mind, and while we are looking at prospective titles, here are some from my side:

1. ANDAZ APNA APNA
2. CHAK DE INDIA
3. JODHA AKBAR
4. HUM DONO (If we can find the colored release from somewhere)
5. BAGHBAAN
6. GHAYAL/ DAMINI
7. LAGAAN
8. DIL CHAAHTA HAI
9. DARR
10. KAI PO CHE
11. DABANGG
12. SPECIAL 26 (nice suggestion given above)
13. HUM AAPKE HAIN KAUN/ MAINE PYAAR KIYA/ QAYAMAT SE QAYAMAT TAK (They sort of redefined an entire generation of Hindi cinema)
14. DILWALE DULHANIA LE JAAYENGE
15. 3 IDIOTS (As most have mentioned above)
16. GADAR (One of the biggest hits of its time..and for its music and SUNNY PA Ji's Great Antics!!)
17. FILMISTAAN (A nice film, although no big names but can appeal to those who are looking for slightly different type of cinema)
18. JAANE BHI DO YAARO
19. SHOLAY
20. MUGHAL-E-AZAM
21. THE MUNNABHAI SERIES
This is just the first list, will update more soon!

• Helpful Post