Books Taiwan - Steelbook Retailer Chat Thread

n3wk1d

Premium Supporter
Sep 26, 2010
Singapore
books.tw.jpg

I've been ordering from books.com.tw since it was introduced by a member here.
All my previous order were all in a box, so far so good but I've ordered my Spider-man Steelbook by itself recently. It came in only with bubble wrapped in jiffy bag. :(

when I received the package from DHL, I knew it would be dented. So when I open it up, it's indeed dented at the bottom part.

Emailed the CS, let see how they come back. :(

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
That's bad. I ordered Spiderman from there and it was the same jiffy bag packing. But they also wrapped the steelbook in another layer of bubble wrap inside. Mine came undamaged.

Had the exact same thing happen to me. :( My ASM came the same way, but my impression was much worse on the back. After a few emails through CS on their site and a lot of google chrome and translate, they sent a DHL person to my house to pick up the damaged ASM yesterday. Now, I just wait to see if I get a replacement or refund. :wtf:

Their customer service seems really good, but the no english options makes it really hard. I'm just glad they understand what I am writing. Probably use google as well. ;)

My 2012 SB in the same order came the same way, but made it safe.

Same here, sent them the photo and they told me to wait for the DHL guy to pick up from me. Me too, afraid it would not have replacement but refund.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

You can see from my picture, that's the bubble wrap I got in the package.

:) possibly!
Was your package thick? Mine was pretty bulky as they wrapped the steelbook several times round with bubble wrap

Yeah, they sent an email saying the received the returned SB. They said they will get back to me soon about a replacement or refund. I'm hoping for a replacement, but am not hopeful. I at least have a backup order from JSDVD on the way.

CS just emailed me and informed that there is no more stocks on the Spiderman 3.
Asked me to wait for further instruction.

Is that what this says:

´«³f°Ó«~±H¥X³qª¾, ·q½Ð¯d·Nªñ¤é¶l¥ó

¡¯¦¹«H¥ó¬°¨t²Îµo¥X«H¥ó¡A½Ð¤Åª½±µ¦^ÂСA·PÁ±zªº°t¦X¡CÁÂÁ¡I¡¯
¿Ë·Rªº·|*û ±z¦n¡G

§Ú*̤w¦¬¨ì±z°h¦^ªº°Ó«~
*q³æ½s¸¹¡XXXXXXXX
«~¦W¡G
»jµï¤H¡GÅå©_¦A°_ (ÂÅ¥úBD 3D/2D ÂùºÐÅK²°ª©)

±H¥ó¦a§}¸ê®Æ¦p¤U¡G

¬°¤F«OÅ@±zªº*Ó¤H¸ê®Æ¦w¥þ¡A§Y¤é°_§Ú*̱N¤£¦b«H¨ç¤¤Åã¥Ü§¹¾ã*qÁÊ/¥X³f©ú²Ó¡A
«Øij±z¥iÀH®Éµn¤J³Õ«È¨Óºô¯¸¡A¦Ü·|*û±M°Ï¬d¸ß*q³æ¡B³Ì·s°T®§©Î*קï°ò¥»¸ê®Æ¡C
¦pªG±z¦³¥ô¦ó°ÝÃD¡A½Ð±z¦Ü³Õ«È¨Ó«ÈªA¤¤¤ß¬d¸ß¬ÛÃö°T®§©Î¨Ó«Hµ¹§Ú*Ì¡C

¦]¬°¥Î¤ß¡A©Ò¥H§Ú*̦³¦Û«H¥i¥Hµ¹±z³Ì¦nªº¡I

³Õ«È¨Ó ·q¤W

:wtf: There is no google translate for this. :p

Look like the damaged is on the same side and area of mine as well.
I guess the store might have handled them roughly, drop or being hit by some hard thingy.

Seems Books sent damaged Spider-Mans out by the looks of it EEK!

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Here's the message I received. Can't see your message.

親愛的會員您好:

感謝您的來函,經客服人員再次查詢此商品【蜘蛛人:驚奇再起 (藍光BD 3D/2D 雙碟鐵盒版)】博客來目前已無庫存,我們將請相關單位詢問是否可單獨提供鐵盒,煩請您稍候,有進一步的消息會儘快通知您,造成不便之處,尚請您見諒,謝謝您。

It say they might ask the distributor if they have the case only so they can send me one instead of returning the whole item. ;)

They actually sent me a replacement ASM! :scat: I could not even tell from the emails I received from them that one was sent. It arrived in the same packaging :ohno:, but luckily it arrived minty fresh. :D

They also sent me a coupon for NT50 (I think) off my next order placed before 12/20.

Even with the language barrier, I am very impressed with their CS. Now, if they could just use boxes for SB shipments they would be gold!

I can't seem to find another thread for Books.tw and seeing as the last post here was over a year ago can anyone shed light on how good Books.tw are now?

Are they customs friendly to the UK like Yeasia? Is their shipping high compared to other TW sites? Has their packaging improved since the posts above?

My steel is shipped by i got no email, just saw it in my personal user account. Somebody knows if you get a email with trackingnumber??

My steel is shipped by i got no email, just saw it in my personal user account. Somebody knows if you get a email with trackingnumber??

You will receive delivered email with tracking number from them later, maybe 1 or 2 days after your steel shipped and they will also update your order with tracking number in your personal user account.

Reactions: tristar6
Packaging

I just received Thor 2, enclosed in 2 bubble bags and 2 plastic mailers that only provide "scuff" protection. My steel is fine. ;)

Shipping added 412 TWD = $13.60 USD for 1 steel.

Books TW.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: blurayhunter