Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Captain America: The First Avenger BD+DVD Taiwan steelbook

Release date:10/27/2011

Purchase Link-Captain America Steelbook

137210.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So they get a J-Sleeve , this reminds me of the Terminator Salvation they got.

The UK one will run you about $4 more, shipped to your front door. No 3D though.

Wow, really? Is this normal for new releases of SB? I just checked the German 3D version, and that's $50 without shipment. I may end up ordering this one. Seems kind of weird that US doesn't get the one though...LOL.

Any horror stories when ordering from jsdvd.com? Or good luck?

Wow, really? Is this normal for new releases of SB? I just checked the German 3D version, and that's $50 without shipment. I may end up ordering this one. Seems kind of weird that US doesn't get the one though...LOL.

Any horror stories when ordering from jsdvd.com? Or good luck?

Ones from the UK (HMV exclusives) seem to run about $38 or thereabouts shipped.

With the German one, the same thing happened with Tron 3D - it was something like $46 before shipping to folks in the US (so maybe $50 total) and then it dropped down to below $30 or around there later on.

With Paramount steelbooks, the actual steelbook is GOING to be the same, we've seen it enough lately to be confident in it - so really you're just paying more for the content.

In my opinion, you can always get the 3D disc later, so I prefer to get the cheapest version of the steelbook.

I've heard lots of good stories of JSDVD from folks on this forum, I have never ordered there myself.

Finally - it also depends on the release, if you're doing your order, it makes sense to order from amazon.co.uk or hmv.com or things like that, but for German single releases, you are always going to make it out cheaper if you go with the group buy the organizer is able to get the 14 euro flat shipping.

Ones from the UK (HMV exclusives) seem to run about $38 or thereabouts shipped.

With the German one, the same thing happened with Tron 3D - it was something like $46 before shipping to folks in the US (so maybe $50 total) and then it dropped down to below $30 or around there later on.

With Paramount steelbooks, the actual steelbook is GOING to be the same, we've seen it enough lately to be confident in it - so really you're just paying more for the content.

In my opinion, you can always get the 3D disc later, so I prefer to get the cheapest version of the steelbook.

I've heard lots of good stories of JSDVD from folks on this forum, I have never ordered there myself.

Finally - it also depends on the release, if you're doing your order, it makes sense to order from amazon.co.uk or hmv.com or things like that, but for German single releases, you are always going to make it out cheaper if you go with the group buy the organizer is able to get the 14 euro flat shipping.

Awesome, thanks for the advice!

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

BTW, are subs generally off by default on the Asian ones, or on?

Just got this today along with Transformers 3. They are both gorgeous. The packaging is very similar to the TW Terminator Salvation. JSDVD should be commended on the service they provided. The steels were double wrapped in bubblewrap and packed in a solid carton. I had preordered the 2 steels together. When they were in stock, the shipping was billed. The shipping cost was under $25.00 CA with tracking and signature and got here in 4 days. I personally think the Taiwan steels are the most beautiful now available. ;) PS also got a free key chain with TF3. :scat: