In Memoriam
Apr 21, 2009
UK
Release date: August 13th, 2014
Extras/Gifts: Limited Baseball Cap
Buy links:
JSDVD.com
Book.com.tw
YesAsia - Ships August 27th, 2014 (Free International Shipping)

ca2-twn-jpg.82373

Limited Pre-order gift:
ca-tws-tw-gift-2-jpg.83589

Attachments

• CA2 TWN.jpg
    CA2 TWN.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4,743
  • CA-TWS-TW-gift-2.jpg
    CA-TWS-TW-gift-2.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 4,329
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Until now I was under impression that worldwide release was matte as US/CA but only without title.

And you were right into thinking so because none of the Thor: The Dark World steelbooks released to date is gloss, they're all matte. Only Blufans are supposedly releasing a glossy steelbook for that title (whenever that may happen).

Herewith the Thor: The Dark World UK thread as an example, pics in the OP show the matte finish :thumbs:

Back to topic, Books seems to still have some CA2 steelbooks in stock (55 last time I checked).

my bad, I meant embossed... Yes Worldwide Release of Thor 2 is Fully Gloss, no title and Characters on spine... and true I saw in the Korean Thread that Choi was told(he didn't see it) by publisher that shield would be embossed... so that would mean that World wide all countries would be embossed as well... This is strange as it is only mentioned in that only post. This is what it is said to Choi, I believe you but from personal experience, this release in my opinion will be fully Gloss no effect on the shield. I HOPE I AM WRONG AND THE SHIEL WILL BE EMBOSSED THAT WOULD BE SO COOL. In Any case we don't have much to wait to get our Steels as it is released in 3 weeks.

PS: Taiwan Thor 2 is same as Captain America it is World wide Release so all countries had/will have the same steel all the same.

Hey bud, You might wanna check your Thor 2 copy :).
But on a other note, don't create confusion where non exist :thumbs:

Back to topic, still debating whether to get this or wait for BF :(

Reactions: harry
Yes Thor 2 Copy fully Gloss no embossing all countries I bought. except FS with title and spine. Thor 2 what is embossed is the superbly Amazing 1/4 slip cover with Golden title this slip cover is so amazing but it is same Fully Gloss no title no embossing treatment as all the others. No confusion on this.

Now I'll just wait to get my copies for CA TWS to see if embossed or not.

OK got an answer back from choi, he stated '' Embossed shield'' but even though it sounds so amazing it's hard to believe that MArvel would do this with the 2nd release... I still need the steel to belive it. if as Chi said Embossed shield that would mean every country would be as is.

Remember IM3 had an embossed Arc Reactor. That was the first of these Phase 2 releases. On that and Capt. it would make sense to emboss the main parts of the artwork. Not quite sure what they would have embossed on Thor aside from Thor himself which would have looked a bit odd.

I was told that captain America the production company is now stopping to take pre orders, so the question is : was the whole stock sold out on pre-release or they are keeping copies for release date ?!....they usually don't do that, however once pre-orders sold out it's OOS/OOP...

now the question is; will they do a 2nd reprint like Thor 2 ? but ALSO thor 2 DID NOT go OOS during pre-release as Captain America is currently Out...

Really? In the order I've got, it's actually (nearly) £5 LESS for this one than the Zavvi!

Zavvi is £24.99 isn't it? Doesn't matter anyway, this release imo is a bargain price at around £30! TW releases feel so much more substantial with the quality slips and heavy weight to them from the large booklets... TW ftw :D

Zavvi is £24.99 isn't it? Doesn't matter anyway, this release imo is a bargain price at around £30! TW releases feel so much more substantial with the quality slips and heavy weight to them from the large booklets... TW ftw :D

Yup and as of right now, this one has cost me £20.18. Granted, there's still shipping to pay, but that's not normally too bad (my order is for 3 items), normally about £12, so still less.

Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE
This is first release in that im not 100% decided on any release and might end up trying to get a few releases.

US due to titled steelbook, Hojg Kong due to pictured slip and now taiwan is reallh tempting me due to their slip always being awesome quality as well as covering up the awful spine.