[CHALLENGE] Design, suggest, or create new forum medals & awards [4 WINNERS CHOSEN]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Have you used our forum award (or medal) system before? If not, here's a great time to start.

Q: What's the challenge?
A: Give us your best suggestion for a new award (medal) on the forums. You can see what you currently have at this location...

Q: How can I win a challenge coin for this challenge?
A: Submit your medal, suggestion, and why we should choose your medal / award over the other submissions. You cannot submit a medal that we already have, it has to be a new one that's not available yet.

Q: What about duplicate entries?
A: Only one challenge coin per winner.

FOUR (4) WINNERS & COIN.

STAFF will pick the best suggestions and create a new award based on your (and the community's) feedback.

REMEMBER. You can win ONLY ONE challenge coin, per member, but enter more challenges to increase your chances!

eligible entrants

1. Jb162009
2. JorEl
3. MGD
4. tristar6
5. yurydalkou
6. dominic
7. dfoles
8. Asopp
9. Apollon
10. ihategiantspiders
11. harry
12. meaner
13. milo
14. Monkey2005
15. vurt
16. PunkNinja
17. RekLess
18. WKRP
19. Outlaw1986
20. psychoscot
21. Antman
22. steel888
23. Flloydo
24. lomadu
25. bcdavis9958
26. shejon01
27. entreri
28. Elendile
29. Madness
30. x3ntaur
31. Zero
32. spass
33. Pandamonium
34. KD Scorp
35. altermann

Last edited by a moderator:
Some good ideas going.

I would say a digibook/digipack award (if one doesn't exist already) as I've seen there are some great digis out there.

I would suggest a figures collectors Award. We have so many members with great collections that would deserve an award for them! For excample an Hot Toys Award, Kotobukiya Award.....

Would love a The Wolf of Wall Street award. It's starting to get a lot of different releases and we're still waiting for the Kimchi one. :thumbs:
KklYASWL_400x400.jpeg

Or/and a Martin Scorsese award. The man has done enough to deserve one! :D
001ec9790963141e266a5e.jpg

Reactions: MGD
Resident Evil award using the Umbrella Corporation logo. RE is an established franchise with a great fanbase and lots of collectibles: movies, videogames, steelbooks, figures...

Umbrella_Corporation.jpg

Last edited:
I think a Plain Archive award is definitely something that should get a strong consideration. While they are in their infancy, there is already a huge following for them and their editions.

Maybe some more Director specific ones as well given that the Tarantino awards is well received. I like the Marty Scorsese suggestion, maybe also one for James Cameron.

And how about some actor specific awards. Leonardo DiCaprio has some great steelbooks for films he's been in, and Arnie too!

Possibly too late, but can there be awards for other grails to go alongside the IM FS Award.

Also, can the image for the best Disney award be changed? It's really hard to see what it is

Last edited:
How abaout a 'Spam' award? Every so often we get new members posting anything just to get to 20 posts or whatever the post count happens to be for a certain thing :(

I have seen post saying "just thanking you to get my post count up" "ditto" etc etc

spamalot.jpg
or
internet-spam.jpg
or
spam5.jpg

Ron

It has been mentioned already but a '#1' award would be awesome, for everyone who gets a ltd edition number 1/xxxx (doesn't have to be SteelBook specific, all collectables should count)

There is interest in this as you can see here

Hopefully we can make this happen :thumbs:

Reactions: harry
Some good idea's in here but from reading through maybe it might be an idea to open some of the closed awards for some of the more recent members :wtf:

I think that's a great idea. Or maybe one for just Steelbook customization in general.

Obviously I'd like to see something for that too a creator award or somthing :D

creatoraward.jpg

I don't know much about the award system, and Don't even know where to look to find about them also this idea may already exist but what about awards for the HDN exlusive #1 seven psychopaths steelbook. I recently picked this up too so if there is an award then that's great but if not I thought that would be a good one and I imagine it's not going to be the only exclusive.

Whatever did happen to this (Ties in with the other one for me :hilarious:)

#1award.jpg

I am no longer eligible to win this challenge for having won a coin from the Twitter challenge.

However, I do really want my idea to be used for reals.
I would like to see an award for people who get #1 numbered editions of something. Also (maybe the same award) for getting the last of a number edition. So say 1/1300 and 1300/1300 would both get this award.

It could be called the Alpha Omega Award (Alpha = the beginning, Omega = the end)

Or if it was two different awards, it could be the #1 Award and the "Last but not least" Award.

We should have:
- The Art of... Award! - For those also collecting The Art of Movies Collecting Books. With a book image...
- Steven Spielberg Collection Award! with E.T Image...
- In addition to An Oscar Winners Movie Award! - For those with the most Oscar Winners Movie Titles... With the Oscar statute image...

Last edited: