Clint Eastwood 20 Film Blu-ray Collection [UK]

jammyone

Slurped Ninja
Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2012
Sheffield UK
Clint Eastwood 20 Film Collection Blu-Ray £36.99 @ Play.com (via speedyhen)

Release date 2nd December

Currently available for £36.99 @ Play.com (via speedyhen)
though this may be a misprice

image.jpg

22 discs included 20 films and 2 documentaries

Includes: (List amended from list of films on the picture)

Where Eagles Dare
Kelly's Heroes
Dirty Harry
Magnum Force
The Outlaw Josey Wales
The Gauntlet
Pale Rider
Heartbreak Ridge
Unforgiven
A Perfect World
Space Cowboys
Mystic River
Million Dollar Baby
Letters From Iwo Jima
Flags of Our Fathers
Gran Torino
Invictus
Hereafter
J. Edgar
Trouble With The Curve
The Eastwood Factor: Extended Version (Morgan Freeman narration)
Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived today too (thankfully in great condition... sorry to hear about yours Jb :(), and I actually think it's quite a decent looking set - nice thick/sturdy box with two jumbo amaray cases and one digipack for the Eastwood doc discs. Certainly can't complain for the price we got it for anyway. :D

Reactions: Jb162009
Mine arrived today too (thankfully in great condition... sorry to hear about yours Jb :(), and I actually think it's quite a decent looking set - nice thick/sturdy box with two jumbo amaray cases and one digipack for the Eastwood doc discs. Certainly can't complain for the price we got it for anyway. :D

Exactly! Spot on :D

Got mine today, one of the corners is really caved in & one of the sides on the lid is ripped. Its going back for a replacement, I can't live with that even at the cheap price.

Got mine today, one of the corners is really caved in & one of the sides on the lid is ripped. Its going back for a replacement, I can't live with that even at the cheap price.

Hopefully they sort it out for you. I've never sent anything back for replacement so I don't know how easy it is. Luckily I just touched up my with a marker (approx. 3 inches by 1.5 inches I would guess) and it looks pretty good and from a distance (on a shelf) it would be hard to see.

I'm giving it to my dad for Christmas and he'll love most of the films, mainly the old ones, & ill then watch the newer ones. I really want to see his new film trouble with curve so getting this set was perfect as the new film on blu ray would've been >£10 so the others only really cost me £27 which is even better.

Also, I recommend Kelly heroes to anyone who hasn't seen it, outstanding film and tank action is the awesome ;)

Sad for not catching this great collection in time for that price. :( Nonetheless, at 70£ it's still good for a pack containing 20 movies! I might let it be until the price drops. Does anyone know how much time it usually takes for that to happen or does it depend on the stores only?

Sad for not catching this great collection in time for that price. :( Nonetheless, at 70£ it's still good for a pack containing 20 movies! I might let it be until the price drops. Does anyone know how much time it usually takes for that to happen or does it depend on the stores only?

Can happen at any time, but I'd be surprised if this hit £36 again....

Reactions: discov3ry
Can't spot a thread for the CLINT EASTWOOD 8 MOVIE COLLECTION but I feel it's worth mentioning somewhere in case it's off interest to somebody and also for those not captivated by this 20 film collection - 15 of which are already available on Blu-ray (or, to put it another way, 75% of the collection) and speaking for myself I'll not be double-dipping on so many.

What's so good about the 8 film collection?
Well, let's see:-
- The price - GBP 19.50 at the time of writing (from AmazonUK) - My copy ordered on the 11th March, dispatched today and due to arrive on Friday - Half the price of other stores such as Base, Zavvi and The Hut.
- The films themselves - even though 3 of the 8 are already out there (or 37.5 % of the collection) - HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER, TWO MULES... and JOE KIDD - the other 5 are new to BD here in the U.K. and include 2 of his very best work (IMO) - THE BEGUILED and PLAY MISTY FOR ME.

Last edited: