Corrupt Data

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
so I'm about half way thru the SP Medal of Honor campaign and the game crashes and tells me the game data is corrupt and it needs to be deleted. i delete it and reinstall it but it keeps crashing in the same spot. I then noticed in my game data list there is a "corrupt data" icon and i can't delete it. What can i do about this so i can finish this game. by the way it's a rental and i was about to go buy it cause i thought there was a problem with the rental disk but then i saw this other data file i couldn't delete. thoughts?

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

update:

i sat here for about 20 minutes watching the launch of guitartv.com while my ps3 attempted to delete that file the whole time. about 5 minutes after i finished typing the OP in this thread it completed, hahaha. here's hoping the game data installs fine this time so i can finish this game. it's pretty frakin sweet I must admit and thank Wreck for mentioning it either here or on facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah. Just make sure you delete all the corrupted data. It doesn't really overwrite corrupted data (either game or save) so it's best to clear it out and just reinstall...

Game data isn't important (unless there's a profile attached) so it can be deleted and reinstalled as many times as you want...

But just remember that some game data also stores DLC. So you'll need to make sure to re-download it...

sounds like allot of work, haha. i just gonna return it and if i feel the need to finish the campaign then i'll look into it before i rent or purchase the game.

Or you can just upload one of those gave saves for the game. A lot of sites upload the game saves to finished campaigns and such ... you can dl it and then stick on on usb and copy that to ps3 ... then play the game with that file which there by wouldnt be corrupt ..... just a thought. Sucks thats is having probs, I never had the prob nor Mexi, Horns etc. GREAT single player tho.

Thank you for contacting SigmaSupport, here are a few troubleshooting steps that might help you resolve your issue.

Disable Media Server Connection
- Access your Xross Media Bar menu.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Media Server Connection and choose the Disable option.

Delete Game Data
- Select the Game tab.
- Select the Data Utility and press the X button.
- Find and delete all the game data or roster files listed.
- Note: When you play online, the online roster will automatically download before an actual match starts.

If this still does not resolve your issue I would recommend that you contact EA Support.
EA Support: 8 6 6 - 5 4 3 - 5 4 3 5

Or you can just upload one of those gave saves for the game. A lot of sites upload the game saves to finished campaigns and such ... you can dl it and then stick on on usb and copy that to ps3 ... then play the game with that file which there by wouldnt be corrupt ..... just a thought. Sucks thats is having probs, I never had the prob nor Mexi, Horns etc. GREAT single player tho.

Nope. Didn't have a problem, and yes. Campaign is great! :scat:

Thank you for contacting SigmaSupport, here are a few troubleshooting steps that might help you resolve your issue.

Disable Media Server Connection
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Media Server Connection and choose the Disable option.

Delete Game Data
- Select the Game tab.
- Select the Data Utility and press the X button.
- Find and delete all the game data or roster files listed.
- Note: When you play online, the online roster will automatically download before an actual match starts.

If this still does not resolve your issue I would recommend that you contact EA Support.
EA Support: 8 6 6 - 5 4 3 - 5 4 3 5

Try the above or just exchange it for a different copy.

ima gonna try that media server stuff cause i noticed yesterday that my media server ws wonky and i can't see my files. could be the issue. i'll let you know. i owe you a beer Horhay if it's the fix.

PS. yes guys, the campaign is facking sweet. love it.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

wow, now it's not even recognizing my saved data. only option is to start new campaign. guess I'm done with this fukker. too bad to. I was loving this, and I don't say that about allot of SP games.

This is why I say dl a 100% game save ... then you can mission select I believe and pick up where you left off.

This is why I say dl a 100% game save ... then you can mission select I believe and pick up where you left off.

There's a 99% chance that you can't do that with MOH. It's actually one of the checks I have to do at work now... A title isn't allowed to let one user put their save onto another users PS3 and have that save be used in any way.

You might be able to get it to work. I have the MOH save that's completed on hard... I'll email it if you want to try it.

send it on Jet and I'll try it anyway (geeare[at]accesswave.ca). I'll also try those Cali. I'm still baffled that it doesn't even recognise MY game save anymore. me thinks there is a little more to this than just corrupt data. I do notice that every time I install this rental it hangs on 97% for a very long time. once was around 15 minutes.

cali....i tried that game save file but it's not recognised or something. says there is no game save data on my stick drive.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

well, there ya have it. in light of all my MOH issues I have returned the game and went to BB and purchased Crysis 2.

cali....i tried that game save file but it's not recognised or something. says there is no game save data on my stick drive.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

well, there ya have it. in light of all my MOH issues I have returned the game and went to BB and purchased Crysis 2.

:scat:

Sucks about MoH, your missing out on some sweet levels

Last edited:
problem solved. i bought the game and all is working fine. guess it was the rental disk that sucked ass. i had toplay thru the levels i already played but it went pretty fast since i knew where i was going, lol. this game is pretty sweet.

The online is pretty fun too, it's a mix of COD and BFBC2, wouldn't mind getting back on and playing it.

i was gonna ask if anyone ever played the MP. I'll be checking it out when the PSN comes back online. I remember playing the beta or a demo or something and it was pretty cool but i didn't bother with it because everyone else was getting Black Ops.

i was gonna ask if anyone ever played the MP. I'll be checking it out when the PSN comes back online. I remember playing the beta or a demo or something and it was pretty cool but i didn't bother with it because everyone else was getting Black Ops.

Definitely, just send me a message and I'll join you, i'm aching to kill people online again.