Corrupt Data

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
so I'm about half way thru the SP Medal of Honor campaign and the game crashes and tells me the game data is corrupt and it needs to be deleted. i delete it and reinstall it but it keeps crashing in the same spot. I then noticed in my game data list there is a "corrupt data" icon and i can't delete it. What can i do about this so i can finish this game. by the way it's a rental and i was about to go buy it cause i thought there was a problem with the rental disk but then i saw this other data file i couldn't delete. thoughts?

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

update:

i sat here for about 20 minutes watching the launch of guitartv.com while my ps3 attempted to delete that file the whole time. about 5 minutes after i finished typing the OP in this thread it completed, hahaha. here's hoping the game data installs fine this time so i can finish this game. it's pretty frakin sweet I must admit and thank Wreck for mentioning it either here or on facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you guys really play some MOH, I will even buy the game again as I sold mine long ago. I actually thought the MP was awesome, just lacking stuff to give it a longer MP life span so to speak.

hey guys, I have another piece of corrupt data in my Game Data folder. This time I definitely can not delete it. I get an error when I try to delete it. Anyone know how I can get rid of this. I'm just trying to be sure I need a new PS3 before I go out and buy one. I cannot reinstall my Socom data until this is gone.

hey guys, I have another piece of corrupt data in my Game Data folder. This time I definitely can not delete it. I get an error when I try to delete it. Anyone know how I can get rid of this. I'm just trying to be sure I need a new PS3 before I go out and buy one. I cannot reinstall my Socom data until this is gone.

Rebuild your hard drive database by holding onto power button until ps3 shuts off, then hold it till it double beeps. then select rebuild database.

what does this do cali. everywhere online i am reading ima gonna have to format the drive.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

OK Rebuilding.

what does this do cali. everywhere online i am reading ima gonna have to format the drive.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

OK Rebuilding.

It's what sony says to do when this issue starts happening, I had an issue like that and rebuilding fixed it, just make sure it doesn't delete all your data. and if it does, back up everything.

well i tried what you suggested but that just moved the corrupt data to a different spot on the XMB, hahaha. anyway, I decided to format the drive and everything seems to be working OK. I played a few rounds of Socom without incident. It wasn'r until I quit the game that it locked up on me, hahaha. Installing MoH right now to see if that works alright. Hopefully i can salvage this old 60GB and get a few more months out of it.

well i tried what you suggested but that just moved the corrupt data to a different spot on the XMB, hahaha. anyway, I decided to format the drive and everything seems to be working OK. I played a few rounds of Socom without incident. It wasn'r until I quit the game that it locked up on me, hahaha. Installing MoH right now to see if that works alright. Hopefully i can salvage this old 60GB and get a few more months out of it.

Could always try a new hard drive.