Customs Fees List per Country

Pieter V

Rise!
Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2011
Netherlands
I think it is a good idea to create a topic, where we keep a list, at which point Customsfees come around the corner for each Country.

Handy for those, who are not aware of costs at their own Country, and would to order a steelbook or an other item at a webshop for example.

Or who are (fairly) new sending packages abroad. Or for example while sending a large package not drawn to much attention for the Customs and add an acceptable value within the limits.

Austria

• *Gift marked packages: Everything above €45 euros: 20% will be charged plus a standard of 12,00 euro for servicecosts

*Non gift marked packages: Everything above €22 euro: 20% will be charged plus a standard of 12,00 euro for servicecosts

Canada:

Germany:

France:

Mexico:

Netherlands:

• *Gift marked packages: Everything above €45 euros: 19% will be charged plus a standard of 12,50 euro for servicecosts

*Non gift marked packages: Everything above €22 euro: 19% will be charged plus a standard of 12,50 euro for servicecosts

Spain:

United Kingdom:

United States:

Leave you input here and I will add it to the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpaserman
Austria

*Gift marked packages: Everything above €45 euros: 20% will be charged plus a standard of 12,00 euro for servicecosts

*Non gift marked packages: Everything above €22 euro: 20% will be charged plus a standard of 12,00 euro for servicecosts

Reactions: Pieter V
United Kingdom:

Import VAT currently 20%

No Customs Duty or Import VAT within EU

EU Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus*, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.

*The European Commission has advised that the application of the Community Customs Code and Principal VAT Directive shall be suspended in those areas of Cyprus in which the government of the Republic of Cyprus does not exercise effective control. Goods from those areas will be treated as non-EU imports.

Receiving Packages From Outside EU:

Goods

£15 or Less - No Customs Duty, No Import VAT.

£15.01 to £135 - No Customs Duty but Import VAT + Handling Fee (from UK Postal Carrier, £8 Royal Mail) due.

£135.01 and Over - Customs Duty Due (waived if the amount calculated due is less than £9), Import VAT + Handling Fee (from UK Postal Carrier, £8 Royal Mail) due as well.

Gifts

Receiving Gift valued £40 or Less - No Customs Duty, No Import VAT.

Receiving Gift over £40 - Import VAT due, No Customs Duty

Receiving Gift over £135 - Import VAT and Customs Duty

Note: Even when customs forms on packages are filled out properly, HMRC can still open your package and decide the Value of the item inside, happened to me when I bought Batman Begins and Dark Knight (KOR) from Kimchidvd in Korea.

Reference: http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageVAT_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014&propertyType=document#P8_229

Last edited: