Jan 5, 2012
UK
Release date:April 6th
Price:£19.55
Link: Amazon.co.uk

81zB4fWPUOL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: snowblood
THAT must have been a fun house to visit! I'm sure all the automatons from that film are in the hands of collectors already (I hope, instead of lost). Chances are if they ever came up at auction they would be very expensive, though. I rememeber growing up watching that film, how much I wanted to live in Andrew Wyke's house! All the bloody games!!:rofl:
P.S. By singling out Alec Cawthorne - I did not mean to downplay the great work of the other great supporting players: John Matthews as Detective Sergeant Tarrant, Eve Channing as Marguerite, and Teddy Martin as Police Constable Higgs were also excellent.:naughty:

Oddly it all seemed very normal. It was a simple terraced house with a tiny front garden, and a long back one with a shed at the bottom where Clive's dad sometimes worked on his creations.

He never became rich.

I have no idea what happened to his creations. Cive's Dad passed on first, then his Mum a couple of years ago. There must have been loads of stuff in the house and shed; but I have no idea what happened to everything.
If memory serves it mentions his career/calling on the gravestone in the parish churchyard. I'll take my phone along next time I go in and take a shot.

Wyke's house in Sleuth is of course the gorgeous Athelhampton House in Dorset. But sadly the maze was never real :(

And the current owner actually bought the MGB roadster used by Michael Caine in the original.

The remake, I don't like to think about.

As much as I adored Harold Pinter, I never for one mad moment believed he hadn't seen Sleuth play or film, and have never caught sight of an original script.
That said, it doesn't feel like a Pinter script either.

Jude Law - best thing I can say about Jude Law is that he was married to Sadie Frost in her prime. But was d*ck enough to have the lyrics to Sexy Sadie tattooed on his back - As Del would say: What a plonker!

His two attempts to emulate, or become the (young) Michael Caine for our times happily leave MC's reputation entirely intact :)

What Ken thought he was doing I have no idea. Then again, I have similar reservations about his dabbling with Shakespeare.

p.s. you are a-fait with Del Boy?

Oddly it all seemed very normal. It was a simple terraced house with a tiny front garden, and a long back one with a shed at the bottom where Clive's dad sometimes worked on his creations.

He never became rich.

-If memory serves it mentions his career/calling on the gravestone in the parish churchyard. I'll take my phone along next time I go in and take a shot.
That would be cool!:woot:

And the current owner actually bought the MGB roadster used by Michael Caine in the original.
That is really awesome. I am so jealous. I want the house. And the car! (Need to get rich!:rofl:)

The remake, I don't like to think about.

As much as I adored Harold Pinter, I never for one mad moment believed he hadn't seen Sleuth play or film, and have never caught sight of an original script.
That said, it doesn't feel like a Pinter script either.

It's barely recognizable from the original. Why do this play, and diverge so wildly? I completely agree. This bastardization ended up neither Shaffer's work, nor even a real Pinter piece. Lose, lose.
(And lose again....because Ken is better than that. He should have known better).

Jude Law - best thing I can say about Jude Law is that he was married to Sadie Frost in her prime. But was d*ck enough to have the lyrics to Sexy Sadie tattooed on his back - As Del would say: What a plonker!
Sadie Frost in SHOPPING/DRACULA era?....yummy.:woot:
Maybe he can pull a Johnny Depp (who had his "Winona Forever" tattoo changed to "Wino Forever).
It says "You came along, to turn on everyone, Sexy Sadie."
Maybe he can change "turn" to "turd", lose the "y" in "sexy", and change "Sadie" to "Sadist"...:rofl: Just an idea, Jude....:p

p.s. you are a-fait with Del Boy?
I am not really familiar with the show (or the offshoot)...But any character that mangles a foreign language and its verbiage always makes me laugh!:D:thumbs: I'll give it a look!

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan