Deadpool 2 (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FilmArena Collection #107) [Czech Republic]

cooey

Premium Supporter
Jan 5, 2012
UK
Release date: October 5, 2018 (E5A - E5B) - December 5 (E1) - December 12 (E2) - December 19 (E3) - January 16, 2019 (E4)
Purchase links: E1 Full Slip - E2 Lenti - E3 4K XL Full Slip - E4 Box set - Unnumbered 5A 4K - Unnumbered 5B
Price: 1099 CZK (E5A) - 699 CZK (E5B) - 1099 CZK (E1) - 1199 CZK (E2) - 1499 CZK (E3) - 4999 CZK (E4)
Notes: E4 does not include the Hard Box
Group buy: GB 5A - GB 5B

44146358_2113779088739056_5583016116780793856_n.jpg44057224_2113779575405674_4976585997513916416_n.jpg44079401_2113779725405659_1789191192630525952_n.jpg
44065498_2113780165405615_8033926684413526016_n.jpg44031556_2113780242072274_1448942328663244800_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup
Maniacs box is a ridiculous waste of money for multiple copies of the same steelbook .
The only one I ever ordered was the T5 and I instantly regretted it as soon as I received it.
I wouldn't buy another one even if they release one for my most beloved movie.

What a load of rubbish! The more editions the better!

• Haha
Reactions: harry and Collecta
Yup
Maniacs box is a ridiculous waste of money for multiple copies of the same steelbook .
The only one I ever ordered was the T5 and I instantly regretted it as soon as I received it.
You have a point. But we collectors are masters of convincing ourselves that the irrational is rational (I guess that's why they call it a Maniacs box). Collectiing multiple copies of the same steelbook is somewhat irrational. :wacky:

• Haha
Reactions: Radagast
Yup

Totally agree mate, they are insanely overpriced. At least blufans/HDZETA/ Manta one clicks are around $200-250 aussie dollars shipped. Maniac boxes are around $320 AUD pre shipping. Shipped, were talking $400AUD+ insane!

Reactions: StifflersDad
I've only ever had one Maniacs Box and that was Spidey. I agree that they appear a little bulky and don't have the same classy look to them as say Blufans or Nova, however, it's FA putting its own mark on things and the only Maniacs I will collect are the MCU WEA and of course any other WEA Marvel I like, such as this one. I must admit, Spidey as a complete set was wonderful. I don't really care about extras myself, I like steelbooks and slips but as an overall package Spidey is great to own and I'm sure Deadpool will be the same.

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
Manta RP1 shipped was $185 = $62 per edition
FA BR2049 shipped was $238 = $60 per edition + bonus item

They are both comparable at least to the US. To say overpriced is just wrong if you really look at the numbers
Not when converted to GBP they ain’t.

Looking at £45-50 per steel when the average rate for steelbooks is locally £25
That’s a double in price for the slip&extras. So costs a LOT to be a UK collector, sadly.

• Thanks
Reactions: bealay and Punker76

Looking at £45-50 per steel when the average rate for steelbooks is locally.
That’s a double in price for the slip&extras. So costs a LOT to be a UK collector, sadly.

Just wait until Brexit mate. It'll force a lot of us British collectors out of the game completely

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76

Looking at £45-50 per steel when the average rate for steelbooks is locally.
You are complaining about a different topic lol. To you they both are expensive!

Just wait until Brexit mate. It'll force a lot of us British collectors out of the game completely
I dunno. I don’t reckon this pound will drop much more in value. The uncertainty and shock of it all caused the biggest drop.
But I could be wrong.

You are complaining about a different topic lol. To you they both are expensive!
Both what are expensive? Steelbooks? £20-30 has always been the ballpark - I recall importing kimchi’s Tangled form £33 delivered. Now those same steels push £40 and can even go up to the £50 mark(the WWA Captain America’s being classic example of £50 steels)
When importing hit the £50 average mark a while back, I became more selective on what premiums I get.

That said, the FAC were one of the last to increase it seems, I believe it worked out around £75 for the hardbox of the first Deadpool movie a couple years back (personally, never having had a maniacs box, I love it and even ended up getting the Guardians 2 one as well - though that was over £100... so you can see the recent drastic increase in price.)
There weren’t expensive before, just a bit higher price. But that shot up in the last couple years and breached the expensive bracket.

If someone in England has a reasonably nice place not too far from London, if you’re worried about prices after Brexit, you can adopt me and I’ll pay half of the cost of all future exclusives you want.

Totally agree mate, they are insanely overpriced. At least blufans/HDZETA/ Manta one clicks are around $200-250 aussie dollars shipped. Maniac boxes are around $320 AUD pre shipping. Shipped, were talking $400AUD+ insane!

FAC plus shipping is expensive. Main reason for me getting out of it. Just buying occasionally for the WEA steelbook quarterslip.

If someone in England has a reasonably nice place not too far from London, if you’re worried about prices after Brexit, you can adopt me and I’ll pay half of the cost of all future exclusives you want.
Hahaha nice advert there, very smart. I think a lot of collectors would jump at the chance of somebody paying half for each of their exclusives.

Reactions: Veronica Mars

Looking at £45-50 per steel when the average rate for steelbooks is locally £25
What makes you think it's any different for other countries?

I've had a moan about current prices in the past. I can expect ~20% increase due to the fall of the £., but prices seem to be going up anyway. I've cut down so much on the amount of steels I've been buying, but overall my net spend is about the same.

As long as there is a market and even secondary ebay market, the prices will stay the same or if not, increase even more.