Deadpool (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Film Arena Collection #48) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Standard Edition - FAC Edition #1 - FAC Edition #2 - FAC Edition #3 (hard box)
Price: 699 CZK or 26.59 € (Standard Edition) - 799 CZK (Edition 1) - 999 CZK (Edition 2) - 1,999 CZK (Edition 3)
HDN group buy: hosted by carllenc - September 18, around 11 AM (BST) - Check your local timing HERE
Edition #1 GB - Edition #2 GB - Edition #3 GB

The detailed shots of each edition will be revealed later in the evening of September 18 and members will be able to edit their requests once the details are posted. Once a GB is closed, Martin will be compiling the lists so no changes will be accepted then.

Edition #1 | Edition #2 | Edition #3

14324490_1104650142985294_6935709033909086854_o.jpg14305267_1104650146318627_3694794603240748819_o.jpg14424718_1105746309542344_2421188839159683951_o.jpg
14344128_1104164133033895_7443833788631253598_n.jpg14330062_1104164219700553_3196466558321615162_n.jpg14372405_1104164266367215_9012593166458572024_o.jpg
film_22042_1.jpg
13055149_993109894139320_3235764806555329103_o.jpg13048158_993109897472653_3839711551901780193_o.jpg13054997_993109934139316_3195655877867403140_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, meth head never said anything about making profit from them. I thought you was allowed to trade these at the value purchased? For say another release or a straight swap (if that ever happens- no harm in that in my mind)
not that I'm thinking of doing it

Oh @Flloydo - on the official FAC FB trading page the sanctioned scalping makes someone I complained about here look like a complete beginner bordering on sainthood.

Only thing I would say as a word of caution about splitting a hardbox is that the sticker on the base (indivdual) slips usually says "hardbox edition". Which if they haven't actually got a box rather devalues them from the outset.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I still dont get it, i fully expected some extra goody to be in there, especially for the price difference. Surely just a different box doesnt justify such a big influx in price

It isn't a big price jump over ordering both editions separtly. Think it comes down to like 6-8 US dollars more. I mean you didn't expect them to make a box for these to go into with differnt art and it be exactly the same price as ordering the editions separtly did you? I'm pretty sure there isn't any company out there that has done any type of box where it costs exactly the same about as buying them indvitldually.

Reactions: C.C. 95
It isn't a big price jump over ordering both editions separtly. Think it comes down to like 6-8 US dollars more. I mean you didn't expect them to make a box for these to go into with differnt art and it be exactly the same price as ordering the editions separtly did you? I'm pretty sure there isn't any company out there that has done any type of box where it costs exactly the same about as buying them indvitldually.

I think the Blufans Avengers Age of Ultron boxset pretty much didn't charge anything extra for the box.

I think the Blufans Avengers Age of Ultron boxset pretty much didn't charge anything extra for the box.

The one-click for AoU also included the 1/4 slip that wasn't able to be purchased any other way. Lenti and FS together were about $120 and box was $172 so you could say that the box and 1/4 slip cost an extra $50-ish.

Not a good comparison of box sets when the AoU box was more than just adding in the box

Then make the comparison with Blufans Antman Boxset. They didn't charged anything extra. Not that i would complain.. got no problem with paying 6-8 dollars more for the nice Deadpool Hardbox.

Honestly the blufans boxes arent that great. They are kinda thin and damage easily. I much prefer the art and quality of the FA boxes

Then make the comparison with Blufans Antman Boxset. They didn't charged anything extra. Not that i would complain.. got no problem with paying 6-8 dollars more for the nice Deadpool Hardbox.

It's hard to make the comparison with that as well because the price of them separtly with the grab here equals more than buying them as a one click. They charged 59 dollars for a quarter slip and only 64 dollars for the full slip so there pricing for the quarter slip seems to be way out of wake. Now with the comparison of aou i would say the quarter slip more than likely cost about 35-40 dollars and the box the other 10 as I can't see how a full slip would only be 5 dollars more than a quarter slip. Once you pay for employees and materials for the full slip would be more than that. and the box also takes money and time to make so if they were giving it away for free they would be losing money. Unless they have such a high profit margin marked into each of there products to account for it. Which then one could say they should lower the price of them a bit when they don't offer the box. I don't have one of there boxes ant man is my first but from photos I've seen it looks like it's just a thin layer of hard paper that makes it. Where film arena is using cardboard stock with a printed overlay I do say they need to beef up the print stock a bit to make hem pop a bit more and it looks like they have been doing that since each one I have gotten has been better than the last.

Aside from the slip, bonuses & box, there's also a factor of WEA vs WWA steelbook in determining prices. I am excited to see both exclusives..

Aside from the slip, bonuses & box, there's also a factor of WEA vs WWA steelbook in determining prices. I am excited to see both exclusives..

You are right deadpool is Wwa which is fine and since it is there full slip is only 100 czk around 5 bucks more than the steel itself from there website so about 34 dollars us. Now blufans does Wea for a lot of there releases which is also good and have similar costs to production of things and there extras and boxes just like film arenas cost more when ordering them. Still each are great edtions to our collections or at least mine anyway

Reactions: rj531
I'm pretty sure there isn't any company out there that has done any type of box where it costs exactly the same about as buying them indvitldually.
HDZETA don't charge extra for their Terminator boxes and I don't think they charged extra for their boxes Interstellar or Saving Private Ryan boxes and in fact they threw in some cool extras for the boxset buyers. The quality of the boxes wert excellent too.

HDZETA don't charge extra for their Terminator boxes and I don't think they charged extra for their boxes Interstellar or Saving Private Ryan boxes and in fact they threw in some cool extras for the boxset buyers. The quality of the boxes wert excellent too.

The HDZeta Mad Max: Fury Road boxset GB was actually 1 dollar cheaper than buying all 3 editions separately through the GBs and that's a very nicely put together box. Nothing cheap about that at all.

The HDZeta Mad Max: Fury Road boxset GB was actually 1 dollar cheaper than buying all 3 editions separately through the GBs and that's a very nicely put together box. Nothing cheap about that at all.
Exactly! If you are willing to be loyal customer and buy all versions of a particular release then the least the retailer could do is not charge you extra but actually reward you for your custom. I get the feeling any excuse is being used to squeeze out a few extra dollars.

Oh @Flloydo - on the official FAC FB trading page the sanctioned scalping makes someone I complained about here look like a complete beginner bordering on sainthood.

Only thing I would say as a word of caution about splitting a hardbox is that the sticker on the base (indivdual) slips usually says "hardbox edition". Which if they haven't actually got a box rather devalues them from the outset.

I'm not too sure what you mean in that first paragraph

But I was just sticking up for meth because he never said he was going to put the price up or scalp anyone (plus I know FAs rules but if it's for at cost and your helping a member out i don't see what the problem is) and also I've not gone in for the box but if I had the cash I would and it would not bother me about devaluing the box and slips. I'm not in this game to sell on.
I open everything for my own enjoyment and considering I think the full slip is dogshite i would be happy to replace it for a manta full slip in the box. Would be a cool package for me and I'll still keep the sticker on.

I would have easily replied to this comment with many comparisons... But am sure the comments above cover them. Buying every edition of same movie by the retailer should be rewarded to customer... Not then be charged extra for the privilege without any justification.

Exactly! If you are willing to be loyal customer and buy all versions of a particular release then the least the retailer could do is not charge you extra but actually reward you for your custom. I get the feeling any excuse is being used to squeeze out a few extra dollars.

Correct hdzetas boxes are a bit cheaper than buying each edition through the Gbs. However each price in the gb has shipping attached to it which could be lets say 6 dollars each right so that's 18 dollars in shipping charges where shipping the box prob cost 12 dollars so that leaves 6 dollars more the box costs Han buying each one separtly making the box 6 bucks now this is just a guess on shipping charges and such. Film arena dosnt add shipping charges to there prices and there full slip prices are not a whole lot more than buying the steel by itself. Hdzetas boxes are top notch though and I love there style boxes myself but it's simple economics that they don't give them away for free.

I'm not too sure what you mean in that first paragraph

But I was just sticking up for meth because he never said he was going to put the price up or scalp anyone (plus I know FAs rules but if it's for at cost and your helping a member out i don't see what the problem is) and also I've not gone in for the box but if I had the cash I would and it would not bother me about devaluing the box and slips. I'm not in this game to sell on.
I open everything for my own enjoyment and considering I think the full slip is dogshite i would be happy to replace it for a manta full slip in the box. Would be a cool package for me and I'll still keep the sticker on.

@Flloydo Re first para: Take a look at Facebook. Film Arena have an official trading page there. Some of the prices are astronomical - and obviously sanctioned by FA or they would be removed.

I'm not attacking or defending anyone, of course. Just pointing out about the FA page, and the 'hardbox' stickers.

I've considerably less time for the Manta fullslip as it's exactly the same art as used on the DVD slip, which is pretty bogey in my personal opinion.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
I know FA's prices have been creeping up on some releases, but I think the reason they add fees for particular bonuses (box, new lenti, 3d discs, etc.) is due to the smaller margins for profit they have on their steels.

The FAC Deadpool full slip with all the trimmings is less than $33 (USD). Best Buy's plain Jane steel is $30 alone (and still available on their website, apparently). I know most of us can't get FA releases at cost due to added fees for group buys and international shipping, but that's more or less outside of FA's control. I think most releases only work out to $40 each when bundled in Carl's group buys. That's a bargain in my book--especially with the way the premium steel market has been trending.

Some people seem to think FA's approach to bumping up prices on a per title/per bonus basis is nickel-and-diming, but I'd much prefer that to simply bumping up prices across the board to absorb those extra production costs. Their approach is the most consumer-friendly, in my opinion.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lakerone
I still dont get it, i fully expected some extra goody to be in there, especially for the price difference. Surely just a different box doesnt justify such a big influx in price

It is £6 more not such a big increase in price. Take into consideration the materials and the fact they are hand made, you have to pay someone to make them, and in Europe that would be considerably more expensive than in China. Also take into consideration the business decisions made here, this is only their 4th boxset case release, in a very short timescale (we are talking months not years), so considering they are still testing it and trying to improve the quality, in my opinion it is not bad. They are probably trying to take as minimal risk, financially, as possible. So trying to strike a good balance between making a boxset to make fans happy and not making a loss probably a good business decision in the short term.

The Asian retailers started making boxsets quite a while back, don't charge any more, have much cheaper labour but probably still making a loss from them, but overall this keeps the fans happy and highly anticipating their releases. Obviously the fans are very very happy and definately coming back for more time and time again no matter the release. This is probably a good long-term business decision.

Overal 2 very different decisions made here from 2 different perspetives, business and cultural backgrounds. Overall I am happy that FA started doing boxset cases, they really need to improve their quality while driving down the cost of production of the boxsets to compete with the Asian retailers.

It is £6 more not such a big increase in price. Take into consideration the materials and the fact they are hand made, you have to pay someone to make them, and in Europe that would be considerably more expensive than in China. Also take into consideration the business decisions made here, this is only their 4th boxset case release, in a very short timescale (we are talking months not years), so considering they are still testing it and trying to improve the quality, in my opinion it is not bad. They are probably trying to take as minimal risk, financially, as possible. So trying to strike a good balance between making a boxset to make fans happy and not making a loss probably a good business decision in the short term.

The Asian retailers started making boxsets quite a while back, don't charge any more, have much cheaper labour but probably still making a loss from them, but overall this keeps the fans happy and highly anticipating their releases. Obviously the fans are very very happy and definately coming back for more time and time again no matter the release. This is probably a good long-term business decision.

Overal 2 very different decisions made here from 2 different perspetives, business and cultural backgrounds. Overall I am happy that FA started doing boxset cases, they really need to improve their quality while driving down the cost of production of the boxsets to compete with the Asian retailers.
6 gbp is nothing for me as well, and certainly not worth my time constantly debating it here. Am simply stating that when a buyer is buying 2-3 versions of same movie from retailer, it helps them get rid of their stock quicker as well. They are not doing fans a favour, it's buyers helping them finish all their stock quicker rather than buying single editions. They should be rewarded, not penalised for this prerogative.
Anyways won't be debating this topic anymore, with mindsets like yours, these prices are never gonna be sorted as you are trying to justify the price increase and agree with it. Love rosie was another example of this, same as sicario, it will just keep repeating and maybe even climb upwards.