Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon
Price: £20.99

11372576-7204438124717574.jpg

11372576-7464438124622972.jpg
Deepwater-Horizon-steelbook-inside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What's going on in that image

Weird

Back reminds me of 10 cloverfield lane poster but in the style of a master system game or something

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
The front is a bit busy, but I really like the back art. Maybe a bit of a rip off of There Will Be Blood's art, but I'm not complaining.

I actually quite like it, different and cool for once. The French one is dull and (no offence) Noodles but I thought that your concept style has been done a ton of times before and to be honest it was what I expected them to come out with, apart from you missing off Marky Mark's name splattered all over it in a massive font.

I think they are trying to imitate Independence day with that Pop art. It reminds of the moment the plane plunges into the mothership as it's about to let rip on the planet below. But yep pop art has no place in steelbooks for me. Much prefer that conceptual art above.

Brilliant external artwork taken from two of the original poster designs:-
Poster designs both by LA

The only other official poster options are the Tom Cruise, Leonardo Di Caprio, Matt Damon style big head artwork which some may prefer but again I feel work better as Amaray art.
My personal preference is for something artistic and unusual on the front of my steelbooks to set them apart from the run-of-the-mill Amarays and not just photoshopped scenes from the film:-

P.S. Anyone looking for a wordy spine should check out the spine of the Austin Powers steelbook.
Anyway, surely better to have a title on the spine than not ;)