Mediabook Der Nachtmahr (3 Disc Blu-ray Mediabook) [Germany]

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release date: October 27th, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon.de
Price: 28,68 EUR
Note: from Koch Media, 1 x BD & 2 x DVD, with Documentation and Short Films, Audio: German, Subtitle: German, English

1017938.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
What the F did the just watch?
I like it :p I'll check it out
Love the music at the end of the trailer :)

p.s. - what does the title mean?

There's no translation. "Der" is The. "Nacht" is night. But "mahr" does not exist in german. It is probably the name of the "creature".

The director is Achim Bornhak alias Akiz. Besides directing he is also a fine artist. "Der Nachtmahr" is a stone cast sculpture he did 15 years ago.
Over the years he worked more and more on the sculpture, added joints to it and gave it a more realistic look. From that he took the idea.
It's a Coming-of-Age movie. In an interview he said it took him forever to find a cameraman who was willing to do what he wanted.
Shot without additional lightning and in wide-angle.

p.s. - what does the title mean?

Google translate = "The Nightmare" (wrong again).
Who needs google translate if you have a German speaking Ninja. :thumbs:

Damn. No. Google Translate got me there. I was wrong. "Nightmare" is in german "Alptraum". Again "Alp" is today no word for itself but "traum" is in englisch "dream".
I searched where "Alptraum" especially "Alp" is coming from. Some centuries ago it was believed that when someone got a nightmare he is influenced by the "Alb".
A demon that sits on your chest, push the dreamer so hard till you can't breathe anymore so you wake up with a scream and it goes away.
This demon was called "Alp", "Alb", "Albe" AND "Nachtmahr" :hilarious: From "Nachtmahr" the word "nightmare" comes. From "Alp" / "Alb" the word "elf" comes.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

@dan8885 @PunkNinja This has been one informational thread
18ynqc.gif
:thumbs:

@C.C. 95 Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I havent seen Mac & Me. But I'm in if it's similar to NWR stuff :D
Mac and Me is one of the great "worst movies" of all time! It is a blatant rip-off of E.T., with a alien puppet that barely moves. And to make things extra weird, the movie was basically co-financed by McDonalds. The alien can only live off McDonald's food...There is even a singing number inside a McDonalds! It is Hilariously bad!
image.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Mac and Me is one of the great "worst movies" of all time! It is a blatant rip-off of E.T., with a alien puppet that barely moves. And to make things extra weird, the movie was basically co-financed by McDonalds. The alien can only live off McDonald's food...There is even a singing number inside a McDonalds! It is Hilariously bad!
My alien brain cannot take this kind of confusion lol
bqIGJNn.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and C.C. 95