Destination Star Trek 3 - London 2014

HUBMUSWELL

#Metal Hunter
Premium Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
London, UK
Destination Star Trek 3 - Fri 3rd - Sun 5th October 2014, ExCel, London
Capture ST3.PNG

Join William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, Nichelle Nichols, Bruce Greenwood, Karl Urban, Jeri Ryan, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, Michael Dorn, LeVar Burton, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, John de Lancie, Denise Crosby and many more Star Trek actors, directors and behind the scenes guests for 3 days of pure Trekkie fun!

Site: http://www.destinationstartrek.com/
Forums: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=304

Anyone here going? I'm going on the Friday and Saturday and currently going on my own.

Hey Lester, I'm passing for this year...Are you getting any Steels signed?

Also,

exclusive deal purehmv get 30% off day tickets** to Destination Star Trek 3 use code DST3PURE
**discount code applicable to Friday entry only and Sunday entry only tickets and can be used up to midnight the day before the date of the ticket.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lester
Only one Steelbook, Dredd. Lol.

I only need Levar Burton and Marina Surtis to complete my Next Gen amray film boxset though. I will be getting some supplied photos signed from others. It will be an expensive weekend. I went last time and was a bit of nightmare with the queuing. This year I've gone for a gold ticket to hopefully reduce that.

Did you want anything?

LOL, it would have been Karl as well :thumbs: £40 for his sig? I quite fancy the French Jumbo signed :woot: Did you pre-pay for the autographs or doing it on the day?

I'll pay on the day, just in case something goes wrong before. Besides with a gold ticket I can queue jump. I'm sure I won't be the only one asking Karl to sign a Dredd Steelbook that weekend.

After the first day, the general organisation and layout is much better than previously. However the autograph area is a complete fiasco. I went up yesterday to James Darren and there are no photos to pick from and I was told to pick them from a booth at the end. Not only there was only one or two photos to choose from for each actor, but you had to buy the photos on top of the autograph price. There is not much in the way of trade stands to pick better photos from them either. So I bought a couple and went back only to be turned away again, because I wanted to pay cash. You have to go back to the photo booth and buy tokens to hand over. At this point I've now decided to only get who I really want to get and no impulse buys, as I now don't want to get stuck with these tokens. So not only the organisers had the cost of getting these show branded tokens made, reducing the choice of photos and made it more complicated, I've now spent less than I thought I would. It seems they've gone forward with the general organisation, but backwards with the autographs. I'm on my way back in now for another day.

I feel sorry for the fans getting autographs, as there is no virtual queueing system that is normal. You just queue up and some have been waiting over an hour to see someone. Personally it's been great for me, as I have gold ticket and I just get walked straight to the front by a member of staff each time. I've managed to see six people in under 30 minutes this way.