Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: POKÉMON: Detective Pikachu

Genre: Mystery, Action, Family

Director: Rob Letterman

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Justice Smith, Kathryn Newton, Bill Nighy, Suki Waterhouse, Ken Watanabe, Chris Geere, Rita Ora

Release: 2019-05-09

Plot: A live-action film franchise based on Detective Pikachu, a new character in the Pokemon universe. There is currently no official release date nor a official synopsis or plot released.

The movie looks like fun but I'm not sure I'll bother going to the cinema for it. May just wait for digital later.

This French newspaper ad is all types of win...

D5vVTshWkAAKXQk.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Drum18
Watched this last night. Enjoyed it... But I'm also a Pokemon fan so that helps. (Not a huge fan, but I played Red/Blue when I was young and I play a lot of Pokemon Go now)
It was really neat seeing all the different creatures brought to life, they did an amazing job on that!

I hope they keep making more movies because I'd love to see a straight up Pokemon trainer film.

I wasn't that huge on where the story goes in this tho. It gets a bit crazy with the whole Mewtwo plot line.
I preferred it when it kept things simple, more the "detective" stuff in the city. All that stuff was great.

Still I'd give it a solid 7.5/10.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Watched this last night. Enjoyed it... But I'm also a Pokemon fan so that helps. (Not a huge fan, but I played Red/Blue when I was young and I play a lot of Pokemon Go now)
It was really neat seeing all the different creatures brought to life, they did an amazing job on that!

I hope they keep making more movies because I'd love to see a straight up Pokemon trainer film.

I wasn't that huge on where the story goes in this tho. It gets a bit crazy with the whole Mewtwo plot line.
I preferred it when it kept things simple, more the "detective" stuff in the city. All that stuff was great.

Still I'd give it a solid 7.5/10.
Good to hear. I've never been a fan of Pokemon (I don't necessarily dislike it... I've just never bothered with it), and yet I'm actually really excited to check this out!

Saw this Friday and for someone who’s knowledge of Pokemon ends with a few rounds of the card game(would love to play that more but I don’t need know enough nerds) and Pokemon go, I enjoyed it.
Great kids movie though saw the twists coming(kids probably wouldn’t but I’ve seen too many movies)

Would give it a 3.5/5 but would like to check it out again before making my mind up completely.

Saw this Friday and for someone who’s knowledge of Pokemon ends with a few rounds of the card game(would love to play that more but I don’t need know enough nerds) and Pokemon go, I enjoyed it.
Great kids movie though saw the twists coming(kids probably wouldn’t but I’ve seen too many movies)

Would give it a 3.5/5 but would like to check it out again before making my mind up completely.
Would you say it's worth checking out in cinemas, or should I just wait for the blu-ray? Tempted to take my niece to see it.