Display Units/Bookshelves-Show your Collection!

Feb 17, 2011
Im not sure if there is a thread on this already if so not sure where to find.
But most of my collection is on a couple of folding tables some stuff stacked on top of each other due to lack of space or too much stuff lol.

Most are still in there boxes still sealed but be nice to have some on display.

What do you guys have or use to show off your collection?
Display case or bookshelf or other?

Im interested to know of any ikea stuff you got recently and how much and what was it called.
But other ideas or stuff might be usefull to know as may find similar.

Post your pics if you can so i can see what they are like.
I have no idea what to get as yet so reason i have started this thread. Thanks.

Ive got three glass display cabinets and 2 dark brown book cases for my collectable sets.

1483857752894-1778644474.jpg

20170108_171624-1.jpg

Im not sure if there is a thread on this already if so not sure where to find.
But most of my collection is on a couple of folding tables some stuff stacked on top of each other due to lack of space or too much stuff lol.

Most are still in there boxes still sealed but be nice to have some on display.

What do you guys have or use to show off your collection?
Display case or bookshelf or other?

Im interested to know of any ikea stuff you got recently and how much and what was it called.
But other ideas or stuff might be usefull to know as may find similar.

Post your pics if you can so i can see what they are like.
I have no idea what to get as yet so reason i have started this thread. Thanks.
Where are you from OP?

Originally from Scotland but Australia now. So maybe my options are limited on what's here. But be nice to see all your set ups not just for me but others to see.
Mine in just in a mess and need to get around to finding something suitable but also not cost an arm and a leg lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: elle82
So where are these from may I ask? Display cabinets look nice but I'm thinking not that cheap.
Believe it or not theyre from a cheap shop called cheap as chips. $200 each. People are often surprised of the high quality and low price of them.

Nice displays guys! I attached a couple of pictures or mine. Normally I have a display in the shelves above the cabinet along with other collectibles but I am still taking down Christmas stuff!

Top row is all 4K, 3D and special editions and bottom is all others although it's a mess after the holidays.

I used to keep my collection on display but started to get color fading on some of the spines (exposure to sunlight I guess?) so I had some built-ins made and now keep them protected. Have you had this problem?

I since bought PET slips for ALL of them but I cannot get confirmation from any of the manufacturers that they offer UV protection.

Any ideas? I hate keeping them hidden.

Attachments

• IMG_4112.JPG
    IMG_4112.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 942
  • IMG_4108.JPG
    IMG_4108.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 912
Last edited:
I would love to have a theme like the first poster did with Harry Potter, etc... but I do not have the final "say" in the matter!:censored:

Attachments

• IMG_4107.JPG
    IMG_4107.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 671
Reactions: elle82
Are they all from same store,im sure i read an old post billy bookshelf where good from ikea but are the big enough to hold busts etc.
The bookcases were from ebay i dont think they sell them anymore as when i went to buy another they were sold out. Most shelfs arent high enough to fit busts unless they can be changed around.

I would love to have a theme like the first poster did with Harry Potter, etc... but I do not have the final "say" in the matter!:censored:
Aww no say? Thats a shame!!! I love having themes. If only i had more room id have more glass cabinets as theres loads more id like to get too!

• Thanks
Reactions: SlimJim24