Do you feel a connection to Steels released in your country?

Do you have a special tie to SB's from your country?

• Yes! I try to buy them all if released in my country!

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • No, it really depends-I always try to pick my favorite cover no matter where it's released!

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Sometimes-I tend to "prefer" the Steelbook released in my country

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • I am OCD-I don't care where it's from, I have to have it!

Votes: 6 14.6%

• No, it really depends-I always try to pick my favorite cover no matter where it's released!

• Total voters
Thanks to Blockbuster 50% off promos most of released here in MX are mine, avoiding at all cost the G1's (HP HBP and Hurt Locker)

I dont care about foreing language cover (all of them are, lol) or sitckers but having Spanish subtitles is a high want if not always swap discs, the only one with Spanish text on cover is Zona de Miedo (Hurt Locker)

Foreign language on steelbooks annoy me. It's fine if the main title is in English, but when the title is changed to a foreign title I just avoid it all together. That's why I don't have any of the Lord of the Rings from France or Germany. Not too fond of the foreign text that's all.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I agree, the foreign language cover put a damper on the releases. Horhay you hit it right now with those LOTR Steelies :( Thank God Futureshop released them in proper manner in English.

foreign language on the back of the steel doesn't bother me on the front it does.
example,i want the german clash of the titans.has a really nice artwork,put of though because it's not in english.but you can't complain,it's a german release so it's going to be in german.

Voted for the last option. Although I have since shyed away from that type of buying, the fever still burns hot and I always find myself almost hitting that order button EEK!

Cheers
CrashKelly

Yeah,I actually like covers in languages other than my own. I love imports and think different languages are beautiful on the cover/design of films. It's also interesting to me to see the interpretation/differences in art, but I can appreciate different preferences for those that only purchase English covers/art.

The only time I feel a bit hindered by language is when the actual film has no English, or German language option (my other language), or subs for either language, but I've made exceptions for some French Steelbooks by TFI, where there are forced subs. I prefer a standalone BD player, over an HTPC, which apparently can help with the forced subs). Some of the Steelbooks are too hot to pass up, for me:)

Reactions: Marina Blue
Voted for the last option. Although I have since shyed away from that type of buying, the fever still burns hot and I always find myself almost hitting that order button EEK!

Cheers
CrashKelly

Hehe, "the fever still burns hot". Where are those pics, Crash?:p

That's a trick question, so I can't answer :D

I live in germany, but I'm american. I try to avoid Steels that don't have english Titles OR BACKs!!!! I will only get them if there are no others available. That may just be another form of OCD :p:p

Since in my country there are no steelbook releases, I have to order from the countries where I can find them.

You had one release. ;)

I do end up buying most USA steels, its so rare that I can go into a store and grab one that I love going on release day. Tho I didnt buy the g1 GL or JP.

I always try to get Canadian steels for one main reason: I can pick them up at a store.

Unless I'm doing a trade with a fellow collector, I'm always afraid the steels ordered online are going to arrive damaged.

Plus, most of the time the Canadian steels look very good! (except for those stupid viva metal pack, I've returned all of them and got the Asian releases instead).