Do you own a custom computer, store bought computer or a laptop / PICS!

What type of rig do you have?

• Average Everyday Computer

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Custom Built Computer

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Advanced Custom Liquid Cooled Computer

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Laptop

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Do you own a custom rig? Is it just a custom build or is it liquid cooled? Do you have just an average everyday computer or do you own a laptop of both? Show us some pics and fill out the poll if you want. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalbabe
I built my last 3 PCs. I just don't really like getting anything at the store.

I simply just go research the pieces I want and put them together.

My current system is old now.

Intel Q6600 Quad Core
8GB Corsair memory XMS2
1TB 6GB HDD
ASUS Stryker Xtreme Mobo
BD-ROM
Creative X-Fi Music
EVGA Nvidia GTX 470 GTX

Nothing fancy :p. I want to build a new PC, but I am waiting for Nvidia to go above the 680 GTX. I am sure by year's end we'll see more.

Horhay, that a pretty nice rig you got there.
My specs are:

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 mobo
AMD Athlon II 6-Core 1090T Black Edition processor (stock air cooled)
8Gb G.Skill RipJaw 10666 memory
3 Seagate, 1Tb & 1 Seagate, 2TB SATA HDD's
Western Digital MyBook Live NAS drive
1 LiteOn BD-R/W & 1 LiteON DVD-R/W
HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card
AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 video card
Antec P-180 (Gunmetal Silver) computer case

I used to be a huge supporter of ATI a while ago, but then they released their drivers with CCC and I lost faiyh :p.

Been a Nvidia fan sing.

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using Tapatalk

Why don't you like CCC? It allows me to perform a lot of customization. It's not hoggy or anything and works just perfect for me. I used to buy nothing but NVidia but they kept releasing faulty drivers and I kept getting bad boards on the video cards. I prefer ATI because they integrate better with the AMD chipsets on the motherboard.

I just bought a new laptop yesterday, can't wait for it to get here :oohyeah:

It's an Asus G74SX-DH72

Specs:
Screen: 17.3" LED @ 1920 x 1080
Processor: Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.2GHz
HDD: 750 GB (@ 7200 RPM) + 160GB SSD
RAM: 16GB DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333 MHz
Optical Drive: Blu-Ray/DVD/CD
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 560M (3GB Dedicated)

10190508.jpg

Been working with this for almost a year now :

Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth
Intel Core i7-2600K with Air Cooling (BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro)
8GB G.Skill RipJaws 12800 memory
2x Hitachi 3TB RAID, 2x WD Black Edition 2TB
SSD OCZ 120GB Max IOPS
Nvidia Gainward Phantom GTX570 video card
Silverstone Raven 02 case
Corsair AX-850

Was thinking of upgrading it to the new Ivy Bridge but since i'm only using it for watching BluRays... it's not likely much useful

I built my last three computers. My current machine is getting outdated and I think it's about time to start working on a new one.

My first two computers had ATI cards, but for the most recent I went with Nvidia. I'm going back to ATI for my next machine due to faulty drivers.

I build my own computers mostly just because its more fun, you have more control of what you do and dont want for your needs... And you dont have to buy all the parts at once:D Its an ongoing process of upgrading (until you have to redo the entire thing just to upgrade one part)

I custom build all my computers, and generally with a design in mind that won't allow it to be worthless for at least 5 years. Typically my budget is set at a solid $1000, and this works out great now since video cards have come down in price while performance has improved so I generally will shunt the graphics card in favor of more horsepower (since I like to do silly things like break encryptions and game while watching netflix at the same time)

My current rig, built a little over a year ago:
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula - AM3 - AMD 890FX - DDR3 mobo
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban OC'd to 3.92ghz
Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 - I've never seen my CPU temps budge even under load
Evga GeForce GT 430 1 GB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card
Corsair XMS3 8 GB 1333 MHz PC3-10666 240-Pin DDR3
Cooler Master RC-922M-KKN1-GP HAF 922M ATX Mid Tower Case (Black)
OCZ Technology 60 GB Vertex 2 Series SATA II 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive (This has been replaced by the Vertex 3 series since the 2 series crapped out, thank god for their 3 year warranty) - I use this strictly for my Linux/Win7 OS drive, I have roughly 3TB worth of storage drives packed in that I've accumulated over several builds that I used for installing apps and the obvious pr0n. :p

I run a 24" widescreen and 19" square.. I love running dual, and would love to go dual 24" wides and the 19" "terminal" monitor on the right... god I could multitask like a beast...

picture.php

Last edited:
The last one I built was a small Mini-ITX computer. I use it mostly for media as it has a ION2 GPU that can handle 1080p without a problem.

Running Linux on it

hpoZRl.jpg

Origen AE Chassi
Jetway NC98-525-LF+NM10+ION2
4 GB RAM
Intel X25-M G2 80GB

I also got a 2TB external disk hooked up to it as the SSD is a bit small :)

I've built my last 2 PCs. Last one wasn't anything special, but I'm pretty proud of the new one.
Actually started upgrading in January but due to problems with the mobo, PSU, and retailers who don't know the law, I've only just got it all working.

It's technically sort of water cooled, but not real water cooling, you'll see lol.

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard (PCIe 2.0 edition, unfortunately got that about 2 weeks before the PCIe 3.0 edition was released for the same price >_< )
Intel i5 2500K (Stock 3.3Ghz for now, but will be OC'ed to around 4-4.4Ghz eventaully)
H100 cooler (New in on Monday)
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM (4x4GB)
Gainward GTX570 Golden Sample Goes Like Hell (Factory OC'ed)
Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD for OS and software (New in on Monday as well)
1.5TB Samsung 7200rpm storage drive
1TB Seagate 5400rpm storage drive
LG Blu-ray player/writer
OCZ ZT Series 750W PSU

All in a Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced case with some NZXT White LED strip lights, 2 x 230mm fans, 1 x 120mm fan plus the fans on the H100.

BenQ GW2250 LED monitor (22" widescreen, 1920x1080) and will eventually be a dual-monitor setup when I get the lead for my old generic 22" 1680x1050 monitor.

Oh and Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, Logitech wireless mouse and some no-name illuminated keyboard. M60 mouse and K90 keyboard are on my Christmas list already haha

The last one I built was a small Mini-ITX computer. I use it mostly for media as it has a ION2 GPU that can handle 1080p without a problem.

Running Linux on it

hpoZRl.jpg

Origen AE Chassi
Jetway NC98-525-LF+NM10+ION2
4 GB RAM
Intel X25-M G2 80GB

I also got a 2TB external disk hooked up to it as the SSD is a bit small :)

The M10 is a very sexy case, I've the same but in silver which I use as HTPC.

I custom build my PC's, currently have two which are still up and running...

HTPC:
Origen AE M10
Gigabyte GA-E350N-USB3 AMD Hudson Motherboard
8GB DDR3 RAM
Kingston 64GB SSDNow
Sony BC-5600S Slim Slot-Load Blu-ray Drive

Desktop:
Silverstone PS07
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H Motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570k
16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3
128GB Crucial M4 SSD
128GB Samsung 830 SSD
Sapphire HD 7850 2048MB Graphics Card

Only use SSD's in the machines, got a NAS drive setup with enough space to cope with most stuff.