Status
Not open for further replies.

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
I'm thinking about selling my DVD collection to fund my Steelbook (BD) one and am wondering whether there is still a customer base for the aforementioned media format...

So before I go through the trouble of setting up a sales thread, listing prices, taking pics etc... I thought I'd test the waters and get more feedback from the community & see if it's worth it or not, hence the poll.

And feedback/constructive criticism from someone who's done it before would be appreciated :)

Cheers!

I still actively collect DVD's (and lots of them :naughty:). I love the cheaper prices these days and now try to seek out alternative artwork and variations that I missed out on, back in the day.

I only purchase new releases on Blu apart from TV shows and stuff when to be honest the difference in PQ etc. bothers me less.

There must be about 100+ 'old skool' DVD, limited editions that I'm still chasing :emb:

Reactions: rAmhz and IRON MAN
Not everything will be rereleased from DVD to Blu Ray, so I'll be buying DVDs for a long time to come. My ECW DVDs are a good example since WWE now know the ECW library and only release ECW footage on compilations when it comes to blu ray.

Just one example, I'm sure thousands of TV shows can't benefit from an upscale or whatever for Blu Ray....

Reactions: IRON MAN
I just got this DVD, since it's not available on blu-ray. :(

SexyEvilGenius_DVD_CoverArt-600x817.jpg

:scat:

I still buy a few DVD digibooks that I particularly want - mostly Polish - for example Cloud Atlas and Prometheus, I also bought the Fnac exclusive DVD digibook of Los Intocables since no blu-ray version was released.

Bottom line is, there's still some hope for this medium :p

I personally think DVD's will be around as long as Blu-rays are. There's too many things not available on Blu-ray and the fact that a lot of people still aren't bothered about Hi-Def means they will be around for a good while yet.

I personally think DVD's will be around as long as Blu-rays are. There's too many things not available on Blu-ray and the fact that a lot of people still aren't bothered about Hi-Def means they will be around for a good while yet.

True, true. I've come to that same realization lately :)

I buy the Polish DVD digibook releases of films I particularly like - recently bought Prometheus (admittedly not a film I'm mad about), Django Unchained, Cloud Atlas and Life of Pi because |I didn't think they would get blu-ray digibook versions any time soon.

I buy the Polish DVD digibook releases of films I particularly like - recently bought Prometheus (admittedly not a film I'm mad about), Django Unchained, Cloud Atlas and Life of Pi because |I didn't think they would get blu-ray digibook versions any time soon.

I didn't know Django had a digibook release! Where can that be found Martin?

There are three situations when I'll buy a DVD:

1.) The movie/TV show I'm interested in was only released on DVD and is relatively cheap (up to $5)

2.) I stumble across a movie/TV show I'd like to check out but don't care much about, and is extremely cheap (up to $3)

3.) The movie/TV show that is a low enough budget recording to not make a difference, and is still relatively cheap (up to $5)

no i no longer buy dvds, i still have some of my favourite film's that have still not been released on blu ray.but don't ever buy them anymore

The next version of "Spearhead fron Space" won't be though will it! ;)

Yup, but thats the only classic story they filmed with actual film instead of tape due to a strike or something, so it can benefit from a HD Restoration. The others, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.