Donnie Darko (Blu-ray+DVD with Slipbox Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release Date: December 12th, 2016
Purchase Links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £27.99 (Arrow Films) - £23.99 (Amazon UK) - £24.99 (Zavvi)
Notes: Limited to 5,000

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut from the original camera negatives produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director Richard Kelly and cinematographer Steven Poster

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations of both cuts

• Original 5.1 audio (DTS-HD on the Blu-ray)

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

• Audio commentary by writer-director Richard Kelly and actor Jake Gyllenhaal on the Theatrical Cut

• Audio commentary by Kelly, producer Sean McKittrick and actors Drew Barrymore, Jena Malone, Beth Grant, Mary McDonnell, Holmes Osborne, Katharine Ross and James Duval on the Theatrical Cut

• Audio commentary by Kelly and filmmaker Kevin Smith on the Director’s Cut

• Brand-new interviews with cast and crew, including Richard Kelly and XXX

• The Goodbye Place, Kelly’s 1996 short film, which anticipates some of the themes and ideas of his feature films

• The Donnie Darko Production Diary, an archival documentary charting the film’s production with optional commentary by cinematographer Steven Poster

• Twenty deleted and alternate scenes with optional commentary by Kelly

• Archive interviews with Kelly, actors Jake Gyllenhaal, Jena Malone, Drew Barrymore, James Duval, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Holmes Osborne, Noah Wyle and Katharine Ross, producers Sean McKittrick, Nancy Juvonen, Hunt Lowry and Casey La Scala, and cinematographer Steven Poster

• Three archive featurettes: They Made Me Do It, They Made Me Do It Too and #1 Fan: A Darkomentary

• Storyboard comparisons

• B-roll footage

• Cunning Visions infomercials

• Music video: Mad World by Gary Jules

• Galleries

• Trailers

• TV spots

• Exclusive collector’s book containing new writing by Nathan Rabin, Anton Bitel and Jamie Graham, an in-depth interview with Richard Kelly, introduction by Jake Gyllenhaal and contemporary coverage, illustrated with original stills and promotional materials

• Limited edition packaging featuring new artwork by Candice Tripp

DETAILS:

RRP: £34.99 £27.99

Region: B/2

Rating: 15

Duration: 113 and 133 mins

Language: English

Subtitles: English SDH

Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1

Audio: DTS-HD 5.1

Discs: 4

Colour

1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Amazon price will drop as it's the MSRP price
They will drop the price before release date

But it will probably not cheaper than the 27 GBP shipped from Arrow I think.
I ordered for now but I'll keep an eye on the Arrow store. This will probably sell out very fast.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
But it will probably not cheaper than the 27 GBP shipped from Arrow I think.
I ordered for now but I'll keep an eye on the Arrow store. This will probably sell out very fast.
Amazon prices have been ending up lot cheaper for Arrow Video pre orders recently
Nearly all of my pre orders price dropped a lot

They drop the price and then increase
If you pre order the pre order price promise will give you the lower price if ordered before price drops

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Amazon prices have been ending up lot cheaper for Arrow Video pre orders recently
Nearly all of my pre orders price dropped a lot

They drop the price and then increase
If you pre order the pre order price promise will give you the lower price if ordered before price drops

I know about the pre order price promise, we got also Amazon over here.
But don't forget I pay international shipping at Arrow and Amazon. And with Arrow I can safe those in Reward Points.
That was my point. But I pre-ordered anyway with Amazon and will keep an eye out on Arrow. Thanks though :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
Arrow Video has posted
For those wondering about the packaging, this release will be in a thick cardboard slipcase (as thick as the ones used for Six Gothic Tales, Hellraiser and so forth)

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
@C.C. 95
Yes you can cancel an order if you want to
To cancel an order
You have to send an email with your order number and details of the order you want to cancel
[email protected]
Thanks, Paul! :thumbs: I will bookmark that!
(although the announcement about the packaging makes it sound like it may be worth the extra few £ for great packaging!)

Reactions: paulboland
Why is Amazon £35??
That's pretty steep particularly for not a steelbook? Sadly far too much for us :(

Why is Amazon £35??
That's pretty steep particularly for not a steelbook? Sadly far too much for us :(
Amazon List the MSRP price as in the RRP Price when they first put up listings on their website
The RRP Price is £34.99 Arrow Films list this on their website RRP: £34.99 £27.99 but are selling it at a the reduced price £27.99

Amazom will reduce the price before release date can be a small amount reduction or a lot
If you pre order with amazon uk and price drops after you ordered you get the lower price
Price with Amazon will reduce and increase to various prices before release date

**** it,

I've stuck an order in. Love the film too much, desperate to have it in HD, the package and art look amazing, book sounds cool and the extras are big and I don't own any arrow box sets yet.

And I'll no doubt get a steel anyway if it ever happens

I also hope the price drops with Amazon

Rare for me to order box sets and that's this and the man who fell to earth box set in the next couple of months

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
**** it,

I've stuck an order in. Love the film too much, desperate to have it in HD, the package and art look amazing, book sounds cool and the extras are big and I don't own any arrow box sets yet.

And I'll no doubt get a steel anyway if it ever happens

I also hope the price drops with Amazon

Rare for me to order box sets and that's this and the man who fell to earth box set in the next couple of months
You wont regret it as it's very possible this might sell out before release date
The Facebook Post has over 1,000 likes ;)
The Reaction to this release I would not be surprised if it sells out fast

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
You wont regret it as it's very possible this might sell out before release date

What are arrows print runs on these box sets or is that never known?

Such a cult film too so imagine it could sell out

Might stick it on tonight, that will be the 3rd time this year lol

What are arrows print runs on these box sets or is that never known?

Such a cult film too so imagine it could sell out

Might stick it on tonight, that will be the 3rd time this year lol
I will ask them during the week what the print run is
These releases can be 2,000 or 3,000 or 5,000
They no longer do high print runs for limited editions
It's number 2 best seller Blu-ray already on Amazon only beaten by Captain America Civil War
I will take a guess this will sell out before release date

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and Flloydo
Don't say that guys, will have to sell kidney to get this lol but don't want it to sell out :arghh:

Went to look at this on Amazon and typed in Donnie Darko and this came up, want to try and pretend I didn't see it.

image.jpg