Mediabook Drive (Blu-ray Mediabook) (Pretz-Media Exclusive) [Germany]

tha_lunatic

C.R.E.A.M
Premium Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Earth
Release date: September 29, 2017
Purchase links: Cover A - Cover B - Cover C (Pre-order July 19 at 8 PM MESZ)
Group buy: Cover A - Cover B - Cover C - One Click
Price: €29.99 (Cover A & B) - €39.99 (Cover C) - €119.99 (One Click)
Note: Cover A (999 Pcs) - Cover B (777 Pcs) - Cover C (888 Pcs) - One Click (333 Pcs)

Cover A | Cover B | Cover C | One Click
A.jpg B.jpg C.jpg 22051208_1119736001490931_751009882646959584_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there was a discussion about it earlier, think you should ask spass how he did it

Yeah, I was in contact the owner, Alex.

Atm, they doesn’t ship to Norway. Maybe @Engelskind can help out?
Thanks guys. It’s no problem. I talked with the owner as well, he confirmed they only ship within EU. I have family in Germany and I’m actually visiting there in less than a month so I will get it through them. Thanks for your help! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
Earlier this week I noticed my Drive Collector's Box was looking weird. Well, when I took it off the shelf, I noticed it was coming apart:

02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Some double-sided tape to fix the cardboard to the box, really?!

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but this is pretty bad for a product not even one year old. Please also note the box was not exposed to direct sunlight or heat. It's just poorly constructed. Frustrating when you consider how expensive this was and how long it took before it actually shipped. It doesn't necessarily reflect in the build quality, I'm afraid.

I've sent an e-mail and asked them to use hot glue the next time they produce such a box set.

Edit: I'm very happy with the Birnenblatt Customer Service. Within minutes after my inquiry, they replied and stated they will produce some 50 more boxes. Those will be glue-laminated.

Last edited:
Edit: I'm very happy with the Birnenblatt Customer Service. Within minutes after my inquiry, they replied and stated they will produce some 50 more boxes. Those will be glue-laminated.

Glad you got sorted. Those 50 boxes, are those replacements to people already bought sets or are they selling them as new sets?

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Earlier this week I noticed my Drive Collector's Box was looking weird. Well, when I took it off the shelf, I noticed it was coming apart:

View attachment 381824View attachment 381825View attachment 381826

Some double-sided tape to fix the cardboard to the box, really?!

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but this is pretty bad for a product not even one year old. Please also note the box was not exposed to direct sunlight or heat. It's just poorly constructed. Frustrating when you consider how expensive this was and how long it took before it actually shipped. It doesn't necessarily reflect in the build quality, I'm afraid.

I've sent an e-mail and asked them to use hot glue the next time they produce such a box set.

Just checked mine after seeing your post and, sure enough, mine appears to be heading the same way... it wasn't hanging open like yours, but it was beginning to come unstuck. I pressed it back down and it seems to have stuck again for now... I think the fact I have the back of the box pressed up against a row of steelbooks is probably why it hadn't come fully undone. Funny thing is; I just noticed a few days ago that my Hobbit box set had done the same... it's been super hot here in the UK lately though, so I just put it down to the heat. Nothing a bit of glue can't fix anyway, so I'm not too bothered about it to be honest. Still, glad to hear you got a replacement! :)

@Noodles
There are some negative customer comments for the The Hobbit box set on the German Amazon site, complaining about the very same issue. It seems to be a frequent problem with this box. I haven't checked mine (yet), but it's sitting tight between some other stuff, so I guess this really helps keeping it together (like you observed on your Drive box). Although of course it shouldn't happen on any release, the The Hobbit box is a mass produced item for a more "general" crowd (no disrespect). I would have thought the Drive boxes were put together more carefully, with the "real" collectors in mind, also given the much lower quantity produced. In the reply they've sent me it was also clear that they were equally surprised by this structural deficit. The Drive boxes should have been glue-laminated, not taped. Even though it's too late now, I suppose they will have a chat with whoever put the boxes together.
You're right, it's an easy fix, actually. Some hot glue should do the trick. It wasn't my intention to get a replacement in the first place, because I would have fixed it myself. I just wanted to let them know so they could improve the next time they're doing such a box. But I wasn't honest if I didn't say I was even happier when they replied I'd get a new box. Maybe this one will also have the magnetic lid fixed? Does yours close tightly?

Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles
There are some negative customer comments for the The Hobbit box set on the German Amazon site, complaining about the very same issue. It seems to be a frequent problem with this box. I haven't checked mine (yet), but it's sitting tight between some other stuff, so I guess this really helps keeping it together (like you observed on your Drive box). Although of course it shouldn't happen on any release, the The Hobbit box is a mass produced item for a more "general" crowd (no disrespect). I would have thought the Drive boxes were put together more carefully, with the "real" collectors in mind, also given the much lower quantity produced. In the reply they've sent me it was also clear that they were equally surprised by this structural deficit. The Drive boxes should have been glue-laminated, not taped. Even though it's too late now, I suppose they will have a chat with whoever put the boxes together.
You're right, it's an easy fix, actually. Some hot glue should do the trick. It wasn't my intention to get a replacement in the first place, because I would have fixed it myself. I just wanted to let them know so they could improve the next time they're doing such a box. But I wasn't honest if I didn't say I was even happier when they replied I'd get a new box. Maybe this one will also have the magnetic lid fixed? Does yours close tightly?
Oh, really? Good to know I'm not alone then I guess... although it obviously sucks that it's happening at all. Another edition I had a similar issue with was MantaLab's Walter Mitty lenticular... it completely came unstuck along the top, and this was only a few weeks after I'd received it -- in fact, I should probably check on it now, since I placed it upside down a while back so the constant weight pushing down on it would hopefully secure it in place for good.

I hear ya though bud... there's absolutely nothing wrong with giving them feedback, whether it's good or bad -- either way they can only learn/improve from it. I must admit, I'm also surprised they only used double-sided tape... but at least it was neatly placed around all edges I suppose. The glue on my Hobbit set is very messily splashed down one edge, so no care was taken at all in that case.

As for the magnet on my Drive set... I've had no problems with it so far *touch wood*. You've just reminded me that I do have that exact same issue with another mass produced set though, and it's a Warner Bros release (same as The Hobbit) -- my 25th Anniversary edition of The Goonies doesn't stay closed at all, so I've had to stick the flap shut with some blu-tack lol.