Notes: 1 Disc UHD

1200x672.jpg

INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED EDITION (Limited to 2,000) INCLUDES

• 4K Gloss Steelbook
  • Motion Lenticular Slipcase
  • Road Map Storyboard Booklet
  • 6x Lobby cards
  • Double-Sided Poster
  • Also includes original TV Movie version of Duel in 1.33:1 Aspect Ratio (HD)
91PgbEOr0KL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 816YP9KfpvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81GZb4FidyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your total was 204 though? That's exactly the price of 6 - 15%
Others were 4 Vault editions (×£50), 3 of which they also refunded over the last month. They gave me new 15% off codes but I don't think I'll trust an order to them again.

Others were 4 Vault editions (×£50), 3 of which they also refunded over the last month. They gave me new 15% off codes but I don't think I'll trust an order to them again.
Rigght, gotcha. That's fair enough. They are an absolute shambles though, so I really wouldn't bother with high demand items in future.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Yeah cancelled too. Flimsy slip, and too many orders in October/Nov already. Will probably pick up only the steelbook later....

Reactions: Daubt
Yeah I really can't decide if I want to keep this either. Plus I'll be shocked if it doesn't come mangled from amazon Italy anyway.
fwiw, I've actually been pleasantly surprised with my last two shipments from Amazon.it... both expensive CE and both packed in cardboard boxes with plenty of padding. I was expecting the usual crap bubble mailers (for want of a better term) that I normally get from Amazon US & UK... and I'm in Australia. The problem we all face though from these guys... is consistency!

Reactions: TheWildEye
fwiw, I've actually been pleasantly surprised with my last two shipments from Amazon.it... both expensive CE and both packed in cardboard boxes with plenty of padding. I was expecting the usual crap bubble mailers (for want of a better term) that I normally get from Amazon US & UK... and I'm in Australia. The problem we all face though from these guys... is consistency!
I order from amazon Italy regularly, and my orders seem to fair far better than most, so can't complain (often). They have however all come in normal amazon brown card mailers. Only exception being the superman steelbook set, which had it's own custom white box everywhere as far as I know. So we'll have to see with this one.. it's not a big thick editon, so I'm fully expecting it to go in the normal brown card mailer tbh.

Reactions: Old_School
Wouldn't touch this release with a 100ft bargepole , knowing the issues with it (oversized thin slip, causing crushing etc..) and with the issues with M3gans poor quality box, won't go down that route again.

happy days. :) received this today via HMV. is this much better than we all assumed? no. is it as bad as we all assumed? i'd say not. brilliant? hell no. :LOL: but perfectly OK. unboxing below, or just go to Media to see the photos only (forgot to set it up as an album :rolleyes:).

the box
it's about the same size as an old-style FAC, maybe a bit bigger (OK, it's 22mm wide). let's get to this first - the box itself is... OK. it is card, albeit pretty lightweight, and certainly flexible, but not paper thin. it is definitely not a hardbox!

the lenticular is so fleeting i didn't even bother to video it. essentially the truck gets larger in the wing mirror. o_O yep. :bored: it's actually a very subtle effect, but it's across only a fraction of the cover, so why bother? anyway, box shots under the spoiler:

extras

the extras i like. the posters are small but fun. the collectors' cards are good. apart from one which shows the final scene of the film :censored: - so spoiler! - and they look like original promotional handouts for the film. best, they do not have plain or generic backs, but different facts about the film, which are actually really good. :thumbs: kind of thing that would have been in the booklet this release should have included. shots of that under the spoiler:

the storyboards are actually a single fold out poster, which a montage of movie images on the reverse. i like it - shots of that under the spoiler.

steelbook

i am not 100% sure what i think of the steel, but i like the deliberate 70s throwback feel to it. it's reasonably gloss. no bossing, with similar montage imagery inside to the back of the storyboard poster - all that under the spoiler:

finally, i have a huge soft spot for Duel, as the first steelbook i ever owned was a dvd steelbook of the film. that had bossing, but printed ratings and j-card. and it was a PG then, too!

like everything these days it is over-priced. but i like it enough. you? ;)

Steven Spielberg Duel GIF by Filmin

happy days. :) received this today via HMV. is this much better than we all assumed? no. is it as bad as we all assumed? i'd say not. brilliant? hell no. :LOL: but perfectly OK. unboxing below, or just go to Media to see the photos only (forgot to set it up as an album :rolleyes:).

the box
it's about the same size as an old-style FAC, maybe a bit bigger (OK, it's 22mm wide). let's get to this first - the box itself is... OK. it is card, albeit pretty lightweight, and certainly flexible, but not paper thin. it is definitely not a hardbox!

the lenticular is so fleeting i didn't even bother to video it. essentially the truck gets larger in the wing mirror. o_O yep. :bored: it's actually a very subtle effect, but it's across only a fraction of the cover, so why bother? anyway, box shots under the spoiler:

extras

the extras i like. the posters are small but fun. the collectors' cards are good. apart from one which shows the final scene of the film :censored: - so spoiler! - and they look like original promotional handouts for the film. best, they do not have plain or generic backs, but different facts about the film, which are actually really good. :thumbs: kind of thing that would have been in the booklet this release should have included. shots of that under the spoiler:

the storyboards are actually a single fold out poster, which a montage of movie images on the reverse. i like it - shots of that under the spoiler.

steelbook

i am not 100% sure what i think of the steel, but i like the deliberate 70s throwback feel to it. it's reasonably gloss. no bossing, with similar montage imagery inside to the back of the storyboard poster - all that under the spoiler:

finally, i have a huge soft spot for Duel, as the first steelbook i ever owned was a dvd steelbook of the film. that had bossing, but printed ratings and j-card. and it was a PG then, too!

like everything these days it is over-priced. but i like it enough. you? ;)

Steven Spielberg Duel GIF by Filmin

So this is confirmed to only have a single 4K disc then? Is the TV version on the 4K disc as well?

I guess the mock-up interior of the SteelBook in the OP must have been for the edition from Italy or the SteelBook from the U.S. The U.S. SteelBook has both a 4K and Blu-ray disc.