Premium Supporter
Jan 8, 2012
London UK
dune.jpg

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00MXNFHPU/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Disc One - Theatrical Version
Disc Two - Extended Version

Reactions: PunkNinja
I recieved this edition yesterday and was very impressed for the £10 i paid for it

Disc one is the original theatrical cut. Transfer seems to be the same as the US BD (which is the benchmark version released so far). only bonus feature is a trailer on this disc

Disc Two is the selling point of this release though. This is the extended TV version (credited to Alan Smithee) in widescreen. The extra footage has been professionally upscaled from SD to 1080p and looks pretty decent. The rest of the film is in true 1080p HD using the same transfer as disc one. when there new footage is spliced in, you can see a slight shift in quality but the editing is seamless. the audio has also been bumped up to DTS-MA 5.1 as well and sounds very good. only bonus feature on this disc are deleted scenes. there is a minor encoding error where for two seconds about 20 mins into the film, the footage on screen goes into a PiP window.

I'm hoping to get a review of this on the front page when i get round to watching it

dune BD.jpg