Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Dune: Part Two

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Drama

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Javier Bardem, Stellan Skarsgård, Josh Brolin, Dave Bautista, Charlotte Rampling, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Roger Yuan

Release: 2024-03-01

Plot: The second chapter of ‘Dune’ (2021).

But I have to be honest man, Villeneuve movies have the worst poster designers for some reason. Blade Runner 2049 had an AWFUL poster campaign. You could literally use every single shot in the film and just blast it on a poster and it would be great. The Dune campaign was also very mediocre, these Part 2 posters also look ridiculous, even though I'm sure the film will look absolutely phenomenal. No idea what's going on there.

Reactions: astycorax
But I have to be honest man, Villeneuve movies have the worst poster designers for some reason. Blade Runner 2049 had an AWFUL poster campaign. You could literally use every single shot in the film and just blast it on a poster and it would be great. The Dune campaign was also very mediocre, these Part 2 posters also look ridiculous, even though I'm sure the film will look absolutely phenomenal. No idea what's going on there.
I’m personally preferring these posters to the first one. I like the Tim and Zendaya one the most (Dolby).

Blade runner was a mix for me. Some of the posters I loved and some I didn’t really care for.

Awesome movie and a beautiful adaptation of the book. Having read Dune Messiah the musical theme for Paul and Chani is heartbreakingly gorgeous, Hans Zimmer absoluetly hit the nail on the head with this one and I HOPE they continue that theme into the third film. I honestly wish Part 3 already existed, really wanna see what Villeneuve and the cast/crew does with it.
It's kind of a shame Villeneuve is going to do another project first, so we'll likely not see the third film until 2029/2030 (?)

It's kind of a shame Villeneuve is going to do another project first, so we'll likely not see the third film until 2029/2030 (?)
I read he said he wants to take a 'mental break', go into snow, or whatever. Well I hope the studio pushes him to make it earlier, 6 year gap is too long, I assume 2027 at the latest.

I know it's not Disney, but this is what I'm thinking now:

I read he said he wants to take a 'mental break', go into snow, or whatever. Well I hope the studio pushes him to make it earlier, 6 year gap is too long, I assume 2027 at the latest.

I know it's not Disney, but this is what I'm thinking now:

He's had Rendevouz With Rama on the cards for a while so I'm not sure he'll put it off again.

This was absolutely badass! I mean wow! I so didn't want it to end, too bad we have to wait so long for the third installment. :arghh:

Does Chaney split off from Paul, I haven't read the books and that's why I'm asking? All I'm going on is the original movie and Paul was with Chaney the whole time.

First time using D-Box, it's definitely an experience. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: vexred and kaw
Just saw it in IMAX.

Its a Masterpiece. Just incredible. I loved it. Villeneuve has created something beautiful with these films.

I really wonder what the oscars would have looked like if there was no strike and this came out as planned last year. I think Oppenheimer would be worried haha.
I hope it doesn't get forgotten come the end of the year.

I never saw Dune (1984), I was waiting until after this one for spoilers... and I loved Dune part one, but this really takes things to the next level.
I hate to use this comparison, but its kind of like a new hope to empire, And now i NEED to see Jedi. lol (Part 3)

If you're debating waiting or going to see it in theaters. Yes its long. Almost 3 hours. But its worth it to experience it on the biggest screen possible.
They don't make movies like this anymore.

This was absolutely badass! I mean wow! I so didn't want it to end, too bad we have to wait so long for the third installment. :arghh:

Does Chaney split off from Paul, I haven't read the books and that's why I'm asking? All I'm going on is the original movie and Paul was with Chaney the whole time.

First time using D-Box, it's definitely an experience. :LOL:
No, the ending of the movie is very different to the book. Paul tells Chani that he'll marry Irulan but only for position, and that she'll never receive anything remotely near love from him. The book ends with these words from Jessica:

"Think on it, Chani: the princess will have the name, yet she'll live as less than a concubine - never to know a moment of tenderness from the man to whom she's bound. While we, Chani, we who carry the name of concubine - history will call us wives."

Need to digest it a bit myself (and see it again most likely) but I really enjoyed it. It's a bloody good blockbuster, paced a lot better than P1 and really gets deep into the majority of Dune's main themes. Some great performances in it, I've always found Jessica the most interesting character in the early books and Rebecca Ferguson is incredible, she really gets to let loose here. Chalamet is superb too, I wondered years ago if he really had the ability and gravitas to carry a character like this but almost every time I see him he impresses me more and more. There were a fair few changes from the book including some stuff that permeates throughout so I'm still trying to get a grip on how I feel about it. I don't mind any small changes of course but some stuff felt like it might have longer-lasting impact.

Reactions: kaw
No, the ending of the movie is very different to the book. Paul tells Chani that he'll marry Irulan but only for position, and that she'll never receive anything remotely near love from him. The book ends with these words from Jessica:

"Think on it, Chani: the princess will have the name, yet she'll live as less than a concubine - never to know a moment of tenderness from the man to whom she's bound. While we, Chani, we who carry the name of concubine - history will call us wives."

Need to digest it a bit myself (and see it again most likely) but I really enjoyed it. It's a bloody good blockbuster, paced a lot better than P1 and really gets deep into the majority of Dune's main themes. Some great performances in it, I've always found Jessica the most interesting character in the early books and Rebecca Ferguson is incredible, she really gets to let loose here. Chalamet is superb too, I wondered years ago if he really had the ability and gravitas to carry a character like this but almost every time I see him he impresses me more and more. There were a fair few changes from the book including some stuff that permeates throughout so I'm still trying to get a grip on how I feel about it. I don't mind any small changes of course but some stuff felt like it might have longer-lasting impact.
Thanks, that explains a lot. I guess I need to read the books, get a better grasp of things.

Thanks, that explains a lot. I guess I need to read the books, get a better grasp of things.
The books are great so I'd absolutely recommend them but it seems like Denis is doing his own thing here with a fair few things (some might be his own interpretation of things that would have / should have happened, although I'd imagine most is down to convenience for storytelling through a different medium) so I wouldn't say it's a necessity. That spoiler is one thing I'm quite unsure about for Messiah given it realistically should mean a fairly big story thread will change at least a bit.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
The books are great so I'd absolutely recommend them but it seems like Denis is doing his own thing here with a fair few things (some might be his own interpretation of things that would have / should have happened, although I'd imagine most is down to convenience for storytelling through a different medium) so I wouldn't say it's a necessity. That spoiler is one thing I'm quite unsure about for Messiah given it realistically should mean a fairly big story thread will change at least a bit.
Wait What??! There was a spoiler at the end? Damn, I sorta missed that. :banghead:

Very good film, did feel rushed at times though so would love to know if there's a directors cut to flesh certain moments out some more. While watching it I was expecting another sudden end setting up part 3 as it felt there was surely so much more story to tell before the final act. Thankfully though by the end I was pleased with how it ended.

Bring on the next one...

Yes, I enjoyed Dune Part 2. If we get Messiah then great, if not I'm satisfied. Looking forward to a rewatch (streaming or blu-ray) as I think it will be even better :thumbs:

Wait What??! There was a spoiler at the end? Damn, I sorta missed that. :banghead:
No sorry I meant that in relation to the stuff I spoiler tagged.

Very good film, did feel rushed at times though so would love to know if there's a directors cut to flesh certain moments out some more. While watching it I was expecting another sudden end setting up part 3 as it felt there was surely so much more story to tell before the final act. Thankfully though by the end I was pleased with how it ended.

Bring on the next one...
Villeneuve hates the idea of directors cuts so we'll never see anything else. I'm still sitting here hoping we'll somehow get the initial 4hr cut or BR2049 or the dinner scene from Dune P1 but know it'll never happen.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Villeneuve hates the idea of directors cuts so we'll never see anything else.

Yeah I've heard this too.
But never know... Down the line WB might want to make a little $ and release a DUNE special edition with all 3 films and then include the cut scenes as a bonus. It could happen.

Yeah I've heard this too.
But never know... Down the line WB might want to make a little $ and release a DUNE special edition with all 3 films and then include the cut scenes as a bonus. It could happen.
Yes I think so too. Even though Warner seems to have been VERY trusting to him creatively (rightfully so, but still surprising nowadays) he doesn't own the material, they do. So they could very well release it dispite him not wanting that to happen. Especially since every single person disagrees with Villeneuve and everyone wants to see that unreleased footage :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: kaw