Upcoming Dune: Prophecy (Season 1) [HBO Max]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere

“Dune: The Sisterhood,” a prequel series based on the Bene Gesserit, was ordered straight to series at HBO Max in 2019, with onetime showrunner Jon Spaihts exiting that role to focus on the writing the script for the second of the “Dune” movies. Diane Ademu-John has taken over as showrunner.

Reactions: Actarus and gAnX

Man, I hope they're not diluting this too much. Feels already like too much mystery will be gone because of them showing so much, but we'll see. Will definitely check this out.

I'm really missing Denis' visual style with this. Doesn't actually feel connected. This LOOKS like a TV show.
Maybe its the budget or whoever the dop is... but it doesn't have the same quality.

Reactions: Vega
I think it looks great

Sesame Street Idk GIF

I'll probably give a few episodes a go at least given it's Dune related but I'm not enthused by it so far. Although it being based off of a Brian Herbert and KJA book was always going to result in that outcome.

Wow, looks awesome, epic, with a great cast - Emily Watson, Olivia Williams, Travis Fimmel, Mark Strong, and some unknown pretty faces.
The movies already look like big budget TV series, and ya'll must have forgotten how TV shows looked just 20 years ago. Go watch Children of Dune!

Wow, looks awesome, epic, with a great cast - Emily Watson, Olivia Williams, Travis Fimmel, Mark Strong, and some unknown pretty faces.
The movies already look like big budget TV series, and ya'll must have forgotten how TV shows looked just 20 years ago. Go watch Children of Dune!
Children of Dune was good though. Low budget doesn't necessarily mean something will be bad, just like big budget doesn't necessarily mean this will be good. The fact this went from something that was going to have its first episode directed by Villeneueve which then fell out of the plan to then going through 3 showrunners and still wasn't going anywhere after years and then suddenly jumps forward shortly after Dune P2 was supposed to release initially means there's a fair chance HBO just wanted to get something out ASAP, especially on the tail of something that was eventually as well received and that performed as well as P2. Not saying there's no chance this is good but it's not like it has a great foundation.

Reactions: Lenny Nero