Elysium - In theaters August 9th, 2013

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
From IMDb:

Set in the year 2159, where the very wealthy live on a man-made space station while the rest of the population resides on a ruined Earth, a man takes on a mission that could bring equality to the polarized worlds.

Director: Neill Blomkamp (District 9)
Starring: Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley

elysium-firstposter-full2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is going to be a brilliant movie! I loved District 9, and I'm hoping this will be up to the same spectacular standard.

watched the trailer for this yesterday and have to say it look's awesome from the trailer- i just hope it lives up too how good it look's

Friday is almost here!!! I enjoyed the hell out of District 9, so this is a must for me! This will be EPIC seeing it at the IMAX! :scat:

I just got out of the theater and I thought the movie was entertaining. Similar theme to that of District 9 with the heavy social and political undertones. Definitely worth a look.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Solid movie with great affects. The ending was a little hokey with kind of a "did you get it" social comentary jab to the audience nevertheless I would give it a 7 or 8 out of 10

Reactions: Jason Bourne
I want to see this.

Seems like the concept is smilar to Upside Down, the Total Recall remake, and even a little In Time... lower class unfairly treated; upper class reaping off the poor.

I know it is directed by the District 9 guy so the equipment he wears seems similar in feel to that.

But I like Matt Damon so I want to give this a go either way.

I saw Wolverine and was pleased with it also

I agree with Wreck, just saw it and District 9 was better overall, but it was well worth seeing, enjoyed it a lot, but still felt it could have been even better somehow =)

Checked this out today and overall I thought it was a pretty good movie. I really enjoyed it. Some unique and new things to be seen in this one although storyline was predictable.

:thumbs: from me.

Reactions: Drum18
Really enjoyed it and thought it was better than District 9 more action & nice performances from both Damon and Copley who relishes his chance to be a bad ass, nice musical score also.

Last edited:
i really enjoy blomkamps vision ... its almost liike futuristic steam punk of how his movies give off that vibe of like "home made future mechanics" haha.